Some new starter questions

traveljody

Hi All!

I have recieved my starter pack from the official SW Ebay seller and have spent lots of time reading through. I do have a couple of questions that I wondered if anyone could help with until I get a chance to get to a local group :D

1) On EE - Superfree should be 1/3rd of your plate, the things is, I don't like salad, AT ALL :eek:. I can quite happily fill up on veggies for dinner but it might be a bit overkill for Lunch too. If I had a fruit salad first, almost as a starter, would that be ok? I am guessing the purpose behind the suggestion is to try and fill you up on low calories?

2) Can the Hex A be split (I have seen various comments of yes and no)? I drink quite a bit of tea and could probably use all of my allowance on milk but I should really cut down and this might be a good way to force myself to do that. I have semi skimmed milk so rather than 250ml, could I have 125ml and then say, 20g of reduced fat cheddar?

3) Is it ok to change what type of day you are having as the day progresses? Hope that makes some sense! I think EE is the plan I would use the most as I prefer not to have to count/weigh but I find the extra Hex's on the green and original quite tempting. Is it ok to switch halfway through as long as I re-sin anything I've had that wouldn't be free under the new plan?

4) Bacon - I just want to check what I buying is ok! I bought the Tesco bacon medallions, reduced fat and just trimmed off the rind, is that right? Are they really free? Can see that being a life saver!

I think that's it for now, sorry for the rambling :character00115:

1- yes
2- if it works for you. Varying opinions
3- don't see why not. Give it a whirl
4 - fine

hi and welcome! :)

I do the whole changing through the day thing all the time! I tend to have things I could have on either day for breakfast like eggs or weetabix. Then if I've had something with 1/3 superfree for lunch and only used 1 lot of HEX I might decide to do EE for tea. Or quite a lot I get to tea time and realise I've had all green stuff through the day so have the extra hex with tea.

Thank you both for replying! At the moment I am trying to plan and prep in advance to make life easier but quite a lot of what I have is superfree anyway and could constitute a green or red day really, I'll keep it in my mind as I am keeping a diary anyway so will be able to see if I could switch plan..........

Back