some questions I hope you can help with

dizzydawnie

Silver Member
Sorry, hoping to start Atkins on Monday but wanted to ask some questions that I'm not sure of?

Clean and Green - I've read this means sugar free? Can you give me examples please?

Ketosticks - where can I purchase them?

Fat on meat - chicken skin, fat on a pork chop or whatever.......can they be eaten or not? Cook meat with skin on or not?

Thank you very much
x

I am just starting myself not sure about clean and green thing but I got my sticks from ebay and I think leaving fat and skin on meat is ok.
Hopefully a more experienced member can help us :)

Hi Small spoons

thanks for getting back to me! I've now ordered some Ketostix - do you check in the morning or the evening or both?

Good luck with your journey
x

Hi from one dizzy to another!! :wavey:

To me lean and green means sticking to induction, only eating veg and proper meat, no proccessed stuff like salami pepperoni etc
And yes you can have the fat and skin! :)

Good luck and let us know how you get on x

Hi & welcome dizzydawnie, I had roast chicken thighs for my evening meal- including the skin, yum!

Ketostix should be used late in the day to get a truer result.
Good luck. :)

Thank you!!

Yet more questions I am sure as Monday approaches! One quick one tho - can I have anything as long as I track the carbs and count them to ensure I don't go over the daily recommended limit for each stage?

For example, I love rocket, cucumber, tomatoes - I expect they have carbs in so I have to limit those? Yes?

Thank you again - I will be spending alot of time trying to get to grips with this, on this board.........I hope I don't annoy too much with my questions!! :D

x

Yes I will do, thank you for that :)

xx

dizzydawnie said:
Thank you!!

Yet more questions I am sure as Monday approaches! One quick one tho - can I have anything as long as I track the carbs and count them to ensure I don't go over the daily recommended limit for each stage?

For example, I love rocket, cucumber, tomatoes - I expect they have carbs in so I have to limit those? Yes?

Thank you again - I will be spending alot of time trying to get to grips with this, on this board.........I hope I don't annoy too much with my questions!! :D

x

Avoid tomatoes in induction - they stall some people (me!). Luckily i'm ok with them now i'm on owl - phew:)

Back