Some Scary Facts about those little treats!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by lahodges87, 19 February 2007 Social URL.

1. lahodges87

lahodges87 Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    Hey guys,
    well just thought id scare you's with a few things i found out!! Now if your anything like me (unfortunately) you will maybe have fallen off the wagon a few times but let me tell you this...
    did u know that in a simple galaxy bar of chocolate theres 254 kcals (thats about half of your kcal intake if your on ss)
    and in a pot noodle theres over 500kcal (scary eh? - i dnt actually know how i ate them now i know that...but i know where that stone came from when i first started uni!!lol)
    anyone else have ne scary facts that will put us off our snack food or at least think twice about it!!??!! :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

Yup! I love coffee, particularly the sort of speciality coffees you get in Starbucks and Costa. So this info was a big shocker to me the first time I saw it:

Starbucks Calories - Fast Food Nutrient Details!

Examples:
    Tall Chai Latte (Tall is the smallest size, folks) = 222 calories
    Venti (Large) Cocoa with low fat milk = 521 calories

4. Nick

Nick Need help

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet/ Slimming World
    Hi ya, :)

And thats just the calories, dread to think what other C***P is in them:eek: :eek: . Once you do this diet you really do look out more before it goes into your mouth.

Nick :D

5. naomi1611

naomi1611 Will B Slim

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.85%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Baileys yummm yummm

Hi
    I realised that a glass of baileys had nearly 400 calories :eek: My fav drink and i would drink a whole bottle in a day terrible when i think about it now.

6. Mamma_caz

Mamma_caz Have a serene day!!

Despite what we may think about Butter etc., have a look next time you are in your local Supermarket at the amount of calories in a Lurpak light Spreadable and a supposedly healthier Benecol Spread you will be suprised.

Haribo are my downfall, daren't have them in the house but there are approx. 30 calories in EACH sweet. Ugh!!!

7. bunnycd

bunnycd Full Member

A typical indian meal consisting of two poppadoms, chicken korma and pilau rice will set you back a staggering 81g fat and 1223 calories!!

8. chelle_powell

chelle_powell We ride, we ride....

And thats only if u don't have the extras - naan bread, onion bahjis etc!
    I once read that 1/2 of a plain naan bread was 250 calories and 1 'typical' onion bahji was 100cals!
    I'm soo glad I leave the curries well alone these days! lol
    It's true what they say, if u dont have something for a long time u dont crave it anymore. :)

Much love, chelle xx

9. blitz

blitz Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Im not keen on Starbucks and dont drink coffee, but this helps explain why my husband put on so much weight when we went to Florida last year and ate less than me:D :D He was having at least 2 large Latties everyday and put on 8lbs!!!( and hes a skinny) and me the fattie didnt put any on because of all the walking:D :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.