Some times I am in despair.

fillymum

synful soul
Over the weekend I was discussing moving back to England with a "friend" of some years. I say of some years because you would think she would know us by now.

She asked what we were going to do with our animals. I said, were we go, they go. She was appalled that we would not just spend the money on getting them to England but could even be bothered. She said she would have thought we would have had the older ones put down and re-home the younger ones.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PARDON !!!

I was outraged but stayed calm with her and asked her when she moved from Costa Rica to England did she not consider having her daughter put down ! Her reply to that was "do not be so absurd that is different " Well dear friend I have to tell you that for me it is not different and I feel the same about our animals as you do about your daughter.

Oh my goodness Sue!! My puppy is my baby. She is as much part of the family as my daughter and husband and I wouldn't leave any of them behind anywhere.
It doesn't matter what it costs for your babies does it?
Grrrr

Stupid woman! I too would take my animals where i go. What a ridiculous thing to say to put them down. I'm with you 100% mostly i like animals better than half the human race!

oh dear lord. My baby (full adult sheppard now). would never leave him behind.

Family is family, regardless of species.

Fillymum, what other pets to you keep.

Attachments

• 40600003.JPG
    40600003.JPG
    427.2 KB · Views: 29
Stupid woman! I too would take my animals where i go. What a ridiculous thing to say to put them down. I'm with you 100% mostly i like animals better than half the human race!

and some of the human race I would like to leave behind

oh dear lord. My baby (full adult sheppard now). would never leave him behind.

Family is family, regardless of species.

Fillymum, what other pets to you keep.

We have 4 horses, 3 goats, 7 dogs and 14 cats. Quite a zoo.

If you look at my profile pictures you will see some of them.

hugs xxxxxx

oh my goodness!!

shall keep very calm now and choose my words very carefully!!

no cant sorry!!! what a awful spitefull person , sorry sue i know she is your friend but bloody Nora evil women!.

i would have been tempted to say its you that needs putting down!! sorry

we shall get you a little Noah's ark for your zoo if you decide to move back here, dont you worry!

tut shall say no more cause I'm saint Emma today!

what a mare!:eek:

oh fillymum i couldn't stop laughuing about your comment to your "friend" about having daughter put down:giggle:don't people understand that your pets ARE part of your family, well done you!!! xxx

This doesn't surprise me. I was quoted £1,100 for spinal surgery for my lovely dog. The alternative was to have him put to sleep. He was just turned 7 at the time and I was told to expect a 96% - 98% success rate for the op. It was a no brainer for me. Some "friends" were amazed and pointed out that I could have spent that on a holiday if I'd had Boris put down. :mad:
BTW - Boris lived to the grand old age of 14, having made a 100% recovery from his spinal surgery. Cancer got him eventually and I still think it that £1,100 ranks as one of the best spends I ever made.

what a awful spitefull person , sorry sue i know she is your friend but bloody Nora evil women!.

No Emma, I don´t think she is really a friend if she understands so little about us. I get more friendship and compassion here on MiniMins.

i would have been tempted to say its you that needs putting down!! sorry

Lol !!!

we shall get you a little Noah's ark for your zoo if you decide to move back here, dont you worry!

Thank you so much I think we might need it.

tut shall say no more cause I'm saint Emma today!

My four horses are all mares and they are so nice, so much nicer than a lot of people.

what a mare!:eek:

hugs Emma xxxxx

crikey Sue - can you trade her in somewhere? she sounds a right pleb.

I dont have any pets (landlord rules) but love animals - and cant wait to get my own someday.

I wish you all the success getting your Zoo to the UK :D xxxx

We have 4 horses, 3 goats, 7 dogs and 14 cats. Quite a zoo.

If you look at my profile pictures you will see some of them.

hugs xxxxxx

so cute, and lovely. I bet feeding time at your home is a nightmare.

if i could i would have more dogs, but hubby wants holidays as well. so to be fair we only have one dog. our nephew babysits when we go on holiday. Bruce the dog, loves it when we go away. gets to eat all sorts of rubbish and sneaks on to our bed as well.

crikey Sue - can you trade her in somewhere? she sounds a right pleb.
xxxx

Yes Ellebear, I would love to, but what could I trade her in for. I can not think of anything useful, can you ??

so cute, and lovely. I bet feeding time at your home is a nightmare.

It is fun really.

All the dogs eat in seperate places as some finish faster than others. That is twice a day. 5 cats eat on the kitchen window sill and the rest in a stable, that is twice a day as well. The goats in their house, the horses in their stables, they eat 3 times a day and have breakfast and lunch in the paddocks but come in to sleep at night. Then we drive 2 kilometers every day to feed a lovely feral cat every day.

And then................ we eat lol.

Hecky thump :eek: How could she say that? :eek:

My dogs are like extra kids to me.........but they don't answer back and they don't leave wet towels on the bathroom floor :D

No way would it even cross my mind t get rid of them - I lubs them far too much :D

I was shocked today when a woman i know to look at, was calmly telling her friend that she gave 1 of her 2 dogs away because the council was putting her in a new kitchen, and she didn't want dog hairs all over it!!!!
I was speechless and did make a sarky comment about giving her kids away too as they make more mess!

I was speechless and did make a sarky comment about giving her kids away too as they make more mess!
:8855:I know which I'd rather have.
I also hate it when you lose a pet and someone asks "Will you get another one?" like it's a new fridge or something. Would they ask the same of someone who lost a child? Maybe some of the morons mentioned here might :D

I was shocked today when a woman i know to look at, was calmly telling her friend that she gave 1 of her 2 dogs away because the council was putting her in a new kitchen, and she didn't want dog hairs all over it!!!!

That is unbelievable. Not only does it show her in her true colours, an animals collector and not an animal lover but shows a total lack of perception. Doesn't she realise the two dogs will miss each other.............................

Oh and I forgot to say that the person in question, who had so much to say about my animals, did leave her horses and dogs in Costa Rica when they left there.

You know there are people who think that those of us who love our animals and give them almost equal status are nuts, but you know dogs wag their tails and not their tongues, they love you fat or thin, old or young, glamorous or scruffy. It is called unconditional love.

My cat didn't love me unconditionally on Friday when I gave him his flea treatment. Seems to have forgiven me now though :D

LOL, said like a true animal lover.

I think mine wish I had given them away when it is flea treatment, combing, worming time.

Back