Working Solutions Someone like me?

Spangleover

Hi there...serial dieter here in need of buddies. I'm (a REALLY young) 57 yrs, 5'2 and a stretch, weighing just under 10st. At most, I've been 11 1/2 stone and at my lowest (just after separating from my ex) 8st 2lbs....loved that!! Weight Watchers, Atkins, Dukan, you name it, I've started it and petered out after 3-4 months. Divorce was the best diet I've ever been on but not one that I'd recommend to anyone. Losing weight for me is really, really hard. I've been on high blood pressure tabs for the last 20 years which may have something to do with it, or maybe it's just my height, age and the metabolism of a slug :sigh:

I've been doing a combination of Total Solution and Working Solution for the last 4 weeks and lost about 10lbs. 4.5 of the 10 came off in the first week so it's been a long, hard slog since then. When on WS, I'm only eating 2 packs and a high protein, low carb supper. Two glasses of wine and 2 G&slimline tonics in the last 4 weeks...and that's the truth!

I walk my dog twice a day but apart from that I don't have much energy to do anything else. I love dancing (Ceroc and salsa) and am planning to do more in the next few weeks.

Would love to hear from anyone around my age/weight/height to compare notes.

Hello and welcome spangleover!! I have a quite a bit more to lose than you, but I'm also doing a mix of TS/WS so I'll be keeping a wee eye on how you're getting on. Well done on the losses so far - that's an average of 2.5lbs per week which, when you don't have loads to lose is absolutely fab! Keep up the good work and you'll be at goal before you know it...

Out of curiosity, what sorts of things have you been having for your WS meals? I'm almost finished week 3 and am already wondering what else I can have as opposed to chicken and brocolli...

Anyway, hope you're having a nice weekend - keep us up to date re how you're getting on :)

xx

Hi Scotminx

Great to hear from you and looks like you're doing brilliantly! (I'm jealous :)

Mainly been having fish and salad or chicken breast/steak and salad in the evenings. Atkins diet suited me quite well - I'm a real carb addict so I get my sweet/carb fix from the Exante packs (the drink mixes are INCREDIBLY sweet!!!) so I tend to keep carb content as low as possible...no bread, rice, pasta, just the very occasional potato. But I do have proper french dressing/olive oil/mayo to make the salads worth eating. The other thing which works well is to eat olives/gherkins/roasted veg with chillis....anything spicy/piquant. Seems to stop hunger pangs in their tracks...6pm is a real danger time for me, before I eat supper.

Must work out how to put tickers and stuff on my profile. Only lost 1lb since posting last week so going v-e-r-y slowly. Still, at least it's going and I'm feeling good :)

Hope to hear from you soon...sorry I didn't reply before - I was expecting to get an email notification.

Take care

Carla x

Hey Carla,

Thanks for the WS meal tips - will be doing another shop soon so that was good timing!

A 1lb loss is still great - that's 2 packs of butter off your bum!!

Keep up the good work hun :)

x

Hi Spangles, am same height but no where near your fab weight! Well done with progress so far, Im trying to stick to TS at first, never done a vlcd before so seeing what suits my body I suppose.
My partner back from work trip this week and that'll be a challenge on the TS front, as havent had to eat with anyone so far, but our evening meal together is something we both love to do, so see how it goes with veggie soup and a shake!
My divorce (well split up, longest seperation in history...17 yrs!!) didnt exactly produce weight loss...rang my friend with some bad news about it all and she brought me a Greggs pastie round...that just about summed up that year!!
Ive got similar metabolism for different reasons, still medical, and as Ive got older have struggled to loose with SW, couldnt even manage my old rate of 7lbs a month anymore. Been eating organically for past 10 months (medical advice again) and had goreat weight loss but since Xmas stuck the same or put on. Not expecting the fabulous losses some show on here, but must admit enjoying not having that daily battle with food. Relief not to have to think...shall I be good...or shall I go for the fattening easy option.
Anyway...good luck!!

Back