Someone please help :(

BecHahns

I have been eating healthy/calorie counting for 11 days now, where I used to eat SO much. I haven't done much exercise but I have done about 30 mins walking most days and even without that I've been on/below my calorie/fat target. But I have lost no weight! What am I doing wrong? I am feeling so demotivated about this. This is THE BEST I have EVER stuck to a healthy eating plan and I just want to cry because it's made no difference.

Hi Becca, Just read thro' your diary. How are you doing your calorie counting? (There are lots of calorie counters on line you can Google.)
Can't help feeling that the things you are eating are soo high in carbs that it could be one reason. What about trying cereals without the honey coating and NO added sugar either. Cans of Cola are high as well.
Hope you soon get it sorted as it would be such a shame to give up so early.

Take care and all the very best to you.... :)

Hi, I'm using myfitnesspal. I never put sugar on any of my cereal (except that one-off bowl of porridge I had the other day) and I never drink anything with sugar in it. I just checked the special k I eat and its nutritional value is the same as plain special k... so I'm confused. Perhaps I need to switch to muesli. But I feel like this plan is not letting me eat anything.

thanks for the advice.

I see you sometimes miss meals, making sure you have three a day is imperative. Also I see you substitute dinner sometimes with cereal, that can't be good can it?

but what if I'm not hungry? Surely forcing myself to eat is not good either.

*also, they always advertise special k as a good substitute for meals. I will eat that when I am not hungry because I know I should eat.

You need to eat, in order to lose weight. If you're not overly hungry, try and have a light lunch and then a bigger dinner.

I have similar frustrations about eating well and even exercising for a week or so and seeing no results, but sometimes I actually gain a pound or two!! So annoying!!!
So I did some research on the subject and I've boiled it down to water retention. Even with drinking a lot of water, doing well with the eating and moving, the fat cells will decrease in lipo, but replace it with water. This is temporary and eventually the bodie's hormones will allow a 'whoosh' effect, lots of urine coming out! I've heard of some people having to wait 3 weeks for this to happen. I know that is a long time to see results. I guess patience is the key (maybe) in your adventure to weight loss.
Keep up the good work and keep your focus too. You can do it!!

The important thing is that you haven't gained any weight, it means the amount of exercise you're doing and the amount you're eating is a good maintenance for you. You need to exercise some more (even things as simple as running up/down the stairs, running to the car, running to get the washing in, etc. contribute during the day if you don't have enough time to put in 30/40 minutes of sustained effort) and as it's the start of your weight loss journey, you'll find once it starts it REALLY starts.

Just don't take a great loss as an excuse to slack off; lots of people do and then they plateau for a few more weeks and get frustrated.

Good luck to you :)

Edit: Also, with set meal times, you train your body to want food at those specific times. This way you avoid cravings and avoid eating when you shouldn't. If you portion out your food correctly (sometimes a smaller plate helps, I find) then you should always be just about [but never actually] hungry come your next meal.

Last edited:
toocuteearrings said:
I have similar frustrations about eating well and even exercising for a week or so and seeing no results, but sometimes I actually gain a pound or two!! So annoying!!!
So I did some research on the subject and I've boiled it down to water retention. Even with drinking a lot of water, doing well with the eating and moving, the fat cells will decrease in lipo, but replace it with water. This is temporary and eventually the bodie's hormones will allow a 'whoosh' effect, lots of urine coming out! I've heard of some people having to wait 3 weeks for this to happen. I know that is a long time to see results. I guess patience is the key (maybe) in your adventure to weight loss.
Keep up the good work and keep your focus too. You can do it!!

3 weeks!!?? OH MY GOD!! I hope so, I've been the healthiest and most active I've ever been for the past 3 weeks and the weight just will NOT come off (I've got 3 stone to lose :-( ) fingers crossed x

Back