Someone please slap me!!!

Well this morning I am being a total numpty and I need someone to give me a good telling off! Today is day 6 for me and yesterday morning I had a sneaky peek on the scales and was very pleased to realise that I had lost 11lbs! Well this morning I did the silly thing of stepping back on the scales - and they show a 1/4 lb increase. Now I know I shouldn't be weighing every day - and I should be focussing on the weekly losses, but now I've done it I feel like I must have done something wrong to have gained a little. Keep telling myself off for being silly but now I want to step on the scales again to see what difference my breakfast and lunch packs have made :-( Grrrrr. Someone please stop me from driving myself insane!
xxx :(

First week for me and I've gained a 1lb from yesterday and I'm like hmmm and then I remind myself that there is no way I'm eating this little ad gaining weight. It is completely and utterly impossible! So don't worry, don't panic and just WI on WI day and if not just remember you cannot gain weight on so few calories! ;)

bodies are a strange thing, they can fool you as well. I am terrible for having sneaky looks on the scales and every time I do I feel disappointed, for example weighed Monday 4lbs off and I did some exercise on Monday night, so Tuesday jumped on the scales and gained 2lbs. I know it will equal itself out by next weigh in so im not worried. try not to get in the habit of doing though as it will become a very long journey. I will not be weighing again until Monday for my own sanity. good luck and carry on!

Water balance can make a difference of a few lbs. If you are sticking to the diet you will be losing fat - doesn't really matter if there's an extra lb of water there :) The numbers on the scales are just a general indication and not an exact measure of what's going on. Even the weekly numbers can be confusing as female hormones make us retain and shed fluid differently throughout the month. As you continue you will see the figures going down and more importantly you will see and feel the difference in your body! Keep it up and you CANNOT fail to lose :D

I know exactly how you feel pp. I just got on the scales too when I shouldn't have & was very disappointed with what I saw . Try to put the scales away out of sight. x

:whoopass:
To all you naughty scale fiends!!!
Don't worry - it will go down pretty quickly if you stick with it! ;)

Put those scales back in the cupboard!!!

You will make yourself crazy weighing more than once a week! :D

Weight fluctuates all the time.

*SLAP!* :rofl:

Don't be disheartened PP - your scales will lie to you if you use them too often.

Been there, done that, and it's not good for you. You need to get rid of everything that will cause you to doubt yourself. So get rid of those scales!

I've had my OH put ours on top of the very tall wardrobe - I would need a step-ladder to reach them - because I know I'll do the same if they are in the bathroom.

Take the batteries out and give the to OH / get OH to hide the scales/ put them in the shed and lock the door, anything you can think of to get them out of your reach!!!

Stick to 100% and you CANNOT fail!

I did the same for the first 11 days, I was constantly on the scales but now I am trying to resist and just weigh on weigh in day. Weight does fluctuate from day to day so it is better to try and stay off them!

Thanks guys :D
I've managed to stay off them for the rest of the day and have just given them to my hubby to hide until Friday morning for my first official weigh in.
Thank you for the wise words and the much needed slap!
xxx

Back