Someone tried to be nice and did the opposite *grrrr*

I will succeed!!!
I came back from a meeting and two lads in our team were in there playing, in my mind, a very dangerous game of ''Guess how old someone at work is''.

Ok, so I avoided this until they asked me how old they looked and I said that given I knew they were 26 and 28 that it was hard to guess.

One asked the other to guess MY age and he said ''Well you're older than Jim (my OH who is 5 years my senior)...about what you are - 33''. WTF!?!?! When I choked out that I wasn't anywhere near that he went 'Oh, I was guessing low too' (at least he blushed). I dread to think what he was going to say. Now I'm not saying being 33 is a bad thing...but I've only just turned 27 and he said he was aiming low!

I am gutted. He wasn't winding me up either!

I really take care of my skin - clearly not working!!!

:mad:

I bet that was purely down to you being chic, elegant and wise! People always used to think my sister was younger than me. She's 7 yrs older! Ouch.

I've seen your profile, you really really don't look older than you are! Silly boys ;)

Boys are rubbish. You don't look older than your age hun. In fact, you probably look younger, but now I know your age it's hard to say!

I am 33 in 3 weeks and am usually told I look younger, so I tell people I'm 26 and a bit ;)

I bet that was purely down to you being chic, elegant and wise! People always used to think my sister was younger than me. She's 7 yrs older! Ouch.

I've seen your profile, you really really don't look older than you are! Silly boys ;)

How nicely put, well done you. I agree , and do you really care what a couple of anchors at work think?
chin up girlie xx

nice try on the save the boy theme there :):)
as for me people think my dad is my husband, ok so does that mean i look 70 or he looks 50 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :eek: its always been that way for us :roofles:

Awww lol! Thanks people. I feel better as apparently they were guessing everyone well over actual age - they clearly need some glasses.

OH found it very funny that they thought I was older than him lol.

Thanks again xxx

Back