Something to Die(t) for - Nilo's Diary - I've rejoined & need to lose 10" in 170 days

Well done honey, look forward to hearing from you later xxx

Alright a proper update. Well it is back in a callcentre but it isn't talking to customers, i'll be on a sky campaign dealing with sky engineers, so dealing with colleagues, which i think will be alot better. I also get half price sky, so OH is very pleased. He is taking me out this weekend to buy some new office wear and he bought me and ipod touch, he's had it engraved and everything. I am a little nervous though, i haven't worked since last may and that was in a insurence call centre and i didn't last 2 weeks. The only thing that does comfort me a little is i have worked there before, they are nice, they have a awsome social life, used to go out every week with them last time i worked there 2 years ago, actually that was the last time i went out (how sad).
I have been off plan today, spent the afternoon with my SIL, who is about to give birth and my niece, so i took round mini doughnuts and gingerbread men. So i want to be back on track by monday and i want to sort my lunches out so i don't spend lots of money and stay on plan.
Anyway wanted to say thanks to everyone for your support over the last few days,

It can be daunting going back to work, I have to go back next month after just 3 months off and I'm a little anxious about it! As you have worked there before I'm sure you will get right back into it and at least you don't have to deal with the general public!

Thats fantastic news about the job Huni!!! Well done! They obviously saw the talent that you had the last time that you were there!
Enjoy it rather than feel daunted by it all, just think another challenge that you will have under your belt.
Let us know how you get on after your first day!

Kerry-Ann
xxx

Well Heeeeeeeellloooooooooo,
God ain't it got quiet on here recently? Well here is my proper update, Steve had manflu last weekend and i ended up with it (although now that i have it, it's real flu :8855:) My first week at work was great (apart from being sick) I have worked their before although i'm on a different campaign now, but it is nice to be back and what is great is that i am not nervous about going on the phones, but on the last job i had i was terrified. So i think that is a good thing, it's nice to think i am making progress. I have already met some lovely people and we are going out for some drinks next friday as we all get paid. It will be the first time i have gone out socially without steve in almost 3 years.
Diet wise, i was good all week apart from friday and i didn't go to group on Monday as i was so shattered from work. I'm thinking about not going to group anymore and just weighing at home or in a chemist. Its just my shifts are soooooo varied that i would be going to a different group every week and thats a bit silly really although i would really miss being able to get my hifi bars. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Thats all good stuff hun, yaaay!!

Just a tiny word of warning though....try as hard as you can to go to group (I'm speaking from experience) as it's very easy to think:
"bummer, I ate that cream cake.. I'll skip WI this week and make up for it next week"...
I know it's a hassle going to class, but it is only an hour a week. I just wish I could practice what I preech!! xxs

Lou is right, we have both tried to go it alone and found we need the push of an 'official' WI to spur us on. When I was weighing at home, if I fancied a pig out on a Tuesday I would weigh then eat. Whereas when I HAVE to stick to my Wednesday WI if I fancy a pig out on Tuesday I have to tell myself that I have to wait til after WI. By that time the moment has passed and pig out is avoided! It makes a real difference. Stick with the same group but tell your SWC that you are now working shifts and some weeks may not be able to make it

Well guys, i think its time to say goodbye,
I've been at my new job and i'm loving it, i feel like a completely different person, in fact last friday i went out for the first time in almost 3yrs and had pictures taken, that i don't hate, which for me is major. But i am really struggling with the diet, as i work 11-12hr shifts and i don't find it easy to find food throughout the day. So i have decided to give weight watchers again, it think it might give me the flexibility i need to manage such a long day. I haven't been on the forum much of late but i might head over to the ww section. I wanted to say a huge thanks to the girlies on here, you really have kept me going in some rotten times of late esp taz and claire, you 2 are angels!!!!!!!!!!! Knowing me i might be back in a few months, but good luck to everyone!!!!

Good luck hun, fantastic to hear you're so happy, yippee!! I'm the same with shift situation thing too, I think WW may be perfect for you. xx

Aw hun it will be sad to see you go! Glad the job is going well and you have to do a plan that suits your lifestyle. Don't be a stranger x

Well my leaving lasted a month, but its official no diet is as good as slimming world, i can't stay on track on weightwatchers, have you missed me? I bought a wedding dress yesterday so deffo got to get back on track and fit into it, anyone want to see it?:D

yes me!!
welcom back :)

cheers hun, have i missed much?
ok here is my dress, should arrive next week so i can see exactly how much i need to lose, but i think its about 6 inchs, what do you think?

dress.jpg

249436321_tp-1.jpg

Back