Sona's Diary- dusting off and starting again

AAGGHHH

Had crappy start to the day again!! aaghh
weight myself this morning and i seem to have gained 2lbs! I knew this was goingt o happen! my body is just reluctant to let go of the 3lbs its been holding for the last 6 months!!!!

Car broke down this morning, called out the AA... almost cost me £40 to get fixed but thankfully the fault was a bit of water and dirt!!

Hope this 2 lbs is water and goes by tomorow when i WI with the doctor! I have been drinking 1.5L of water 5 days a week for the last 2 weeks now! suerly water should flush out my system!

Anyway, rant over... hope my day gets better.

Sorry that you don't seem to be getting the answers that you wanted earlier in your post - this is the first time that I have read your entries.
I joined 3 weeks ago, and because I took out a monthly pass - £17.95, I didn't pay any joining fee. Then your monthly pass is charged via your bank each month, so you never have to pay anything at class... works out quite a bit cheaper.
I notice you mentioned Huddersfield in your early post - I'm based in Halifax...

Tracy

Hi Tracy!

Thanks! i was thinking about joining a class to see if it helps to lose.
I visited a friend in huddersfield a few days ago! I live in blackburn now but am originally from newcastle upon tyne!

hows ur weight loss coming along? wishing u success

s xx

Sona,

If you haven't lost weight i'd be demanding that the doc looks further into it!! Something is just not right!:confused:

Maybe a hormone imbalance or someat!?

You've been so so good - it's impossible for you not to be at least a half stone down by now!

Keeping my fingers, legs;) and toes crossed for you!

If you have a food diary somewhere do take it to the docs with you

I am a member at class - I have a monthly pass - and when I go to class it does help me to stay motivated - but I can still do this plan without classes - I do them simply because I have met some really nice people and we do coffee after class

I do hope you have a loss before you visit the doc but if not ask for them to do tests and see if your thyroid levels are ok

best of luck
H xx

Hi Ladies!

I have been to docs this morning and as i had predicted the 3lbs had come back on! the Docs scales show NO loss at all but my home scale showed 1lb! This has to be water retention as i have not had anything bad to eat and have actually exercised 3 times this week along side my good eating!!

The doctor has given me 2 months worth of xenical tablets which i was taking last month. I lost nothing using them either! :-(

This month I am sticking to eating all my points (22), drinking my 1.5L water at work everyday, trying to eat a good balance of calories and fat (so body not in starvation mode) and exercising 5 times a week.

I started to say to Doc that Im struggling but he didnt seem interested to know this and would u beleve that HE is the best doc in that surgery the rest of the doctors are all stupid and couldnt care less!!

I feel im at a total loss with my Doc's. I dont want to change doc's as my son is also registerd here and my husbamds Doc is actually WORSE! he didnt even give my hubby a sick note when HE himself told him to take bed rest!

Im considering going to WW meets, the trouble is that i dont have much time and i cant really afford to pay for a monthly pass and only go twice a month as every week isnt possible for me due to childcare.

My doc has given me a form to get my bloods checked, will be going next friday for blood test. I have had this done once befor and they found nothing wrng with thyroid or hormones but i had high cholesterol.

I have a food diary in the food diary section if anyone wants to check to see if they recomed a change in diet for me.

thanks for reading.

Please ask your doc (or the nurse when you go for bloods) for the vouchers to go to classes for free you get 12 weeks worth

also I know SOME clubs make allowances for shift workers who can only attend alternate weeks - that would give you 24 weeks of class support for free if you leader would do that for you

I love my class - I can do this on my own but I have made some great friends at my weekly meet

Hi Ladies!

I have been to docs this morning and as i had predicted the 3lbs had come back on! the Docs scales show NO loss at all but my home scale showed 1lb! This has to be water retention as i have not had anything bad to eat and have actually exercised 3 times this week along side my good eating!!

The doctor has given me 2 months worth of xenical tablets which i was taking last month. I lost nothing using them either! :-(

This month I am sticking to eating all my points (22), drinking my 1.5L water at work everyday, trying to eat a good balance of calories and fat (so body not in starvation mode) and exercising 5 times a week.

I started to say to Doc that Im struggling but he didnt seem interested to know this and would u beleve that HE is the best doc in that surgery the rest of the doctors are all stupid and couldnt care less!!

I feel im at a total loss with my Doc's. I dont want to change doc's as my son is also registerd here and my husbamds Doc is actually WORSE! he didnt even give my hubby a sick note when HE himself told him to take bed rest!

Im considering going to WW meets, the trouble is that i dont have much time and i cant really afford to pay for a monthly pass and only go twice a month as every week isnt possible for me due to childcare.

My doc has given me a form to get my bloods checked, will be going next friday for blood test. I have had this done once befor and they found nothing wrng with thyroid or hormones but i had high cholesterol.

I have a food diary in the food diary section if anyone wants to check to see if they recomed a change in diet for me.

thanks for reading.

What a load of crap!!:mad: My doctor is the same though! He prob doesn't believe that you're trying your best and that you're sitting every night scoffing choccies and are in denial - I think that the lack of success with Xenical speaks volumes to!!

Oh Sona, I have to say that i were you i would be face down in a pool of melted cheese toasties, followed by mountains of honeycomb ice-cream!!:D I really admire your stamina, girl!!

Let's hope that the blood tests show something (nothing serious mind you!) that can explain this phenomenon - otherwise demand to see a dietician or nutritionist or whatever you call them - maybe then someone will take you seriously:(

At least your on track - I'm just back from my mini family break which was a gorge-fest. Now I feel dreadful:sigh: and struggling to get myself back on track.

Take care!!:wave_cry:

thanks aaleigha! i was going to ask my doc this time but he just wasnt listening to me! That is what i wanted all along i was hoping they would prescribe me WW but doc gave me tablets instead! Im thinking of going to 1st class tomorow morning just to check it out.

Do i have to pay for a whole month to attend one class just to see what its like? i dont know anyone at classes so i cant even go as a guest...

Thanks jaxi!
Im surprised at my stamina! im surprised i keep going! truth be told if i wasnt on WW and pointing my food i would end up on atkins and count my carbs! i cant remember a day when i havent been on a diest of some kind! i like WW as it keeps me in check and helps me say NO to some food and to night out and fancy food! i preffer the discipline .. even if its not working!

Have decided 3 things to change as recomended by the nice ppl here!

1) more cadio exercise (mayeb a brisk walk)
2) more VEG as i have been neglecting this
3) less or no bread maybe a cut back in carb of some sort.

im going to start this from monday.. i will be at my mums most of next week so will have a good challange to face if im going to stick this out.

wish me luck!

going to start thinking up some menu's to cut back on bread.

any work lunch ideas welcome.

thanks aaleigha! i was going to ask my doc this time but he just wasnt listening to me! That is what i wanted all along i was hoping they would prescribe me WW but doc gave me tablets instead! Im thinking of going to 1st class tomorow morning just to check it out.

Do i have to pay for a whole month to attend one class just to see what its like? i dont know anyone at classes so i cant even go as a guest...

You are very welcome Hun
no you dont have to pay for the month for a look see
have a look on the weightwatchers website and find your class then phone your leader and tell her you are unsure if you want to join (not your thing etc etc) and ask if you can go along for the one meeting as a trail - not to get weighed or anything but just to see what it is like - bet she says yes
then ask her about anything you need to and then make that appointment with nurse/doc before you sign up and get the free sessions - dont forget to see if she will put you down as a shift worker (I know slimming world do this unsure for WW but I bet they are the same)

and good luck

Thanks hun!

im going to get the number and call tomorow or just turn up and see what the leader says! Atleast i get a walk in to town from it! lol

im not much of a runner.. i wish i was!

anyway.. here is me banging on about my stupid problem!!
how are you? and have u had a good day?

Thanks for remembering
today has been better - yesterday it hit me hard - but today I knew what was wrong so coped better
DD has been round for an hour with some flowers - I asked her why - what had she done wrong and she said nothing just had a feeling you might need these :)

I have rested today as well and that helps me - tomorrow I am off for a day out and it will either help or make things worse - there is no knowing till it happens :)

good luck with seeing the leader I really hope it works out for you

Hey Sona when I was reading your post about your doctor it started to make my blood boil! Life is hard enough as it is on your own but when you go to a professional (ie a doctor in your case) for some advice and support and they just shrug their shoulders, not been able to see the wood from the trees (ie the amount of people in their waiting room, as appose to listening to the person sitting right in front of them) you just think to yourself whats the point? ggrrrr :mad:

I agree with Aaleigha, I reckon if you ask the leader of the WW meeting if you could observe one and tell them your queries on not been able to attend every week and see what they suggest you do. I must say, I find the leaders very easy to talk to and very understanding, its really personal, which I like.

Hope tomorrow is a better day, let us know how you get on!

Hey gals!

will reply the msgs in a couple of days! im off to newcastle for a few days to visit my mum!!

s xx

Hey ladies!

I didnt manage to get to the WW meeting! my hubby was ill that day so stayed home to nurse him then off to work at 12:30!

Back at work now and having a good day so far!

newcastle was fab had a great time and spent from quality time with my mum! Was very tempted by the lush food she cooked but she was very kind to buy WW friendly food for me aswell!! for instance the heinz WW choc eclair's... errrmm YUM! why didnt anyone tell me!!! they at 1.5 point of pure pleasure!!! obviously not good to over indulge but great as a treat after well pointed day!! hmm.... i can taste one just thinking about it!!

wont be able to buy any at my house though as its a shared fridge freezer and my Bro in laws (9 and 11) seem to think anything sweet has to be finished all in one go!

went to Bettys in Harrogate yesteday on the way home!! was very nice in there!! my lil one was a bit noisy though!!

Have lost some lbs aswell and fingers crossed they have gone for good! Finally in the 12's rather than the 13's just knowing tat makes me happy! now aiming for 12:7 by ther end of this month! small goals for me!

Will try sort a ticker out now that the scale is budging a bit but dnt want to jinx it!!

catch up soon

s xx

Great to catch up
so glad you enjoyed that time with your Mum - look after her you only get one :):)

hiya Aaleigha!

how are u today hun? hows WW going? I loved spending time with my mum! moved out when i got married 3 n a half years a go so going home is a treat!! my lil boy was playing up though the poor bug has stopped eating! so he's keeping his mum on her toes!! lolz

am at work at the mo so will try post more later!

s xx

Glad you enjoy being with your mum
me well I am in pain with my knees and finding that food is controlling me a bit this week - but today I am back in control and hopefully it will stay that way :)

Hey Sona hope your OH is feeling better.. arent you very good for nursing him Id be told to feck off!!

I love staying with my mum too, mums are great!

Back