Sona's Diary- you may not like this...

borrowed recipe - Low Carb Recipe: Crustless Quiche Muffins

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cynthia's Crustless Quiche Muffins[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Maggie - immaggiemae)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I forget who Cynthia is or where I got this recipe, but it is *really* good. :) [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ingredients:[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4 eggs [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 cup heavy cream [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 cup Swiss cheese [Or your favorite cheese, or a combo of your favorites] [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10 slices cooked bacon, crumbled [or use sausage] [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Salt/Pepper to taste [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dash of nutmeg (or to taste) [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Optional Ingredients: [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Onions (saute in butter first) [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Broccoli (saute with the onions until soft, but not soggy); [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Asparagus, [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Spinach (be sure to drain well if using frozen spinach). [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Various other seasonings and spices to taste. Garlic is particularly good in this dish. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Directions: [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Beat eggs [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mix in heavy cream and seasonings [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Add cheese and meat [/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For quiche muffins, it's best to use Texas sized muffins tins (available at most housewares stores). Grease liberally with cooking spray, and fill only (1/2 - 3/4) full. They will rise quite a bit, but settle as they cool. Bake at 375 degrees; start with 20 minutes, although I have cooked them up to 35 minutes in order to get them done. They get darker that I might have originally thought acceptable, but my SO suggested that this was not a bad thing at all, as it was almost like having an actual crust! You can try cooking a lower temp for longer if you want to avoid the browning. [/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For regular quiche, pour mixture into greased pie plate and bake at 375 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes. To check for doneness, insert a knife into the quiche; it should come out clean. [/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Let the quiche set for awhile before cutting into and/or serving. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You can quadruple the recipe; they freeze great. If using bacon, you can cook large batches quicker by baking it: Use a broiling pan (to catch the drippings). Bake at approx. 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until desired level of crispiness (crispy is best for this dish; it crumbles easier and tastes better in the quiche. Blot with paper towels. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You can easily re-heat quiche in the microwave, but do so only on a low or medium setting. Eggs get very rubbery if microwaved on high. For one slice or one muffin, start with 60 seconds. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please note: Quiche is best served lukewarm, rather than hot.[/FONT]

brill - thanks sona

Tut Tut, what wrong with the recipe thread, we've got them all over the place now. ;)

LOL, you have some great recipe's there Sona. :)

Ok guys your not gona like this ... (sowi jim plz dnt give me "the look")

Ive decided to take a 2 week break from atkins.
The reason for this is that i have been stuck in a rut for a while now and the weight seems to just maintaine at 12.5 and not getting any lower. Whenever i have a binge (when i go to newcastle) my weight will creep up and as soon as i get back on plan it comes back down... Quickly but still sticks on 12.5.

Dont worry tho im not going to give up!

The plan is to t something else for 2 weeks.. Slimfast infact.
I think i need to chock my body to make some changes...
I hope this will maybe rock the boat a bit then come back on atkins.

My sister and I are going to try this together so she's gona be my buddy for this! lolz if it all goes terribly wrong ill be back before the 2 weeks are up!

I will keep popping by tho to see how u guys are doing! will keep u updated if i do lose any weight!!

Good luck Sona... hope this will kick start your weightloss again for you. xxx

Morning Sona, good luck love.

Thanks hun!
I started on sunday! and so far soo good.. im reallly scared about piling weight on due to carbs... but i got bite the bullet and just do it!
Will keep you updated!

I hope it works for you Sona love.

aww im going to miss you!!! best of luck hon - do keep us posted and come back soon :) xxx

Good luck with this Sona. You have to find what works for you, and what you are comfortable with.

All the best!

Back