soo hard to plan a sw day when pregnant

beccaharrison89

Gold Member
finding it so hard ,one day am ok next day am horrendous.
im 22weeks and so far put stone on.
last few days ive ate maccies ,takeaways and meals out and now theres no exvuse the next few days but to be good.
i keep telling myself if im good al week then i will look forward to a Nice takeaway on sat.
keep trying to plan my day of eating out in my head for today but it hard.
right now i would love a big bowl if shreddies for brekkie but in my head i kNow i should have poached eggs or boiled eggs with toast
someone help

Hi I know how you feel, im also pregnant although only 8 wks. I only started slimming world recently and am finding it really hard, I honestly think im addicted to takeaways, I had mcdonalds 3 days in a row last week, along with 1 indian, 1 chinese and a pizza.

Im hoping once i reach 12 weeks I will be able to eat more healthily again, the thing is I have gone off so many foods, mainly yoghurts, pasta, eggs and veg that sticking to plan is so hard, I just crave comfort food and I always give in because some days its a choice of a mcdonalds or nothing, because I cant face eating anything else.

I dont really have any advice for you because I wish I knew the answer lol

I was lucky when I had my son, I actually lost weight at first as I didn't want any unhealthy food apart fro ice cream, I wasn't following a diet though.

The only advice I can give is when you have a takeaway craving think about your unborn baby, rather than your diet, would you want to give your baby all those levels of salt and fat.

As for the shreddies, I would say go for them, better to have them than another take away, also they are full of good stuff for your baby, your body is obviously lacking something to be craving all these takeaways.

Are you getting enough carbs? Maybe you should try and eat some good fats?

ive been eating lots of carbs hun.
i opted for poached egg and beans on toast instead of shreddies so im proud ha.
i absolutely love chips cheese and gravy so think in going to do sw chips with cheese and gravy for tea that way i can syn the gravy and use cheese as hex

I know how you feel becca im the same some days im golden other days i find harder , last few days i have had choc cravings but aside from the odd bar ive not been to bad .

so far i am around 3lb heavier than when i got pregnant but im a lot bigger than you to start with.

When I was pregnant (all 4 times) and fancied something unhealthy I use to ask myself 'would I feed it to a newborn baby' and if the answer was no then I wouldn't have it. Whatever you eat is what your baby eats so if you keep eating KFC, McD's, Chinese etc then all you are feeding your baby is crap! Try and keep chinese etc to once a week/fortnight if you can!

Make your own burgers, made right they can be much nicer than McD's, fill it with lettuce and make a nice low fat dressing to go on it, have it with SW chips and side salad....all completely free on EE (except dressing obviously)

Try making your own chinese, I love chicken with broccoli & oyster sauce, buy a bottle of oyster sauce, stirfry some chicken, peppers, mushrooms, onion & broccoli etc in some soy sauce, chilli flakes, garlic and oyster sauce, serve it with boiled rice (oyster sauce - 1 tbsp = 1 syn) add some boiling water if you like more sauce

Theres lots of stuff you can try making yourself thats much healthier for you & baby :)

Not wanting to throw a spanner in the works here but my doc told me the baby only takes nutrients from you that it needs so won't take in the junk if you eat it. What she said that does mean though is that if you only eat junk your baby may not get enough nutrients to grow & develop healthily. She said that's why so many obese & unhealthy people (can be slim too) have small babies. That was enough to make me eat really well in my pregnancy & my son was a whopping 9lb 11oz!! He's very long & lean & the midwives all said I must've had a really good diet with him. I actually tried to follow the principles of sw except didn't limit healthy extras to keep me eating well & I wasn't trying to lose weight. My sister on the other hand lived on big tasty's & my niece, 2 weeks overdue was just under 6lb.

I'm not saying here that all small babies have unhealthy mums & vice versa so please don't take offence - this is just what my doc said & I found to be true.

I found I went off takeaways during the later part of my pregnancy & still not really a fan of my old faves (Dominos & mcdz), but gee whizz did I get (& still have worse than ever) a huge sweet tooth & huge carb - mainly bread - cravings!

Anyway, hope that helps you stay on track, it worked for me!

thanks for the adviCe girls it realy helps talkiNg on here.
ive had a much better day today here goes

two weetabix ss milk
mullerlight
cheese leek and ham pasta n sauce
sw chips with cheese and gravy(wich i think is ok if i count the cheese and gravy)
later on if i get hungry will have a sandwich in wholemeal

what you guys think of this day?
is this ok For an ee day?

beccaharrison89 said:
thanks for the adviCe girls it realy helps talkiNg on here.
ive had a much better day today here goes

two weetabix ss milk
mullerlight
cheese leek and ham pasta n sauce
sw chips with cheese and gravy(wich i think is ok if i count the cheese and gravy)
later on if i get hungry will have a sandwich in wholemeal

what you guys think of this day?
is this ok For an ee day?

Where is your Superfree foods? For it to be EE 1/3 of EVERY meal must be 1/3 superfree :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i know thats the rule but when i did sw before getting pregnant i did ee and didnt have third superfree and still lost.
since being preg ive completely gone off veg etc
the only thing i will eat now is peas and sweetcorn with a meal
and i try and eat fruit but had none today as ran out and need to get some in shopping on tHurs

beccaharrison89 said:
i know thats the rule but when i did sw before getting pregnant i did ee and didnt have third superfree and still lost.
since being preg ive completely gone off veg etc
the only thing i will eat now is peas and sweetcorn with a meal
and i try and eat fruit but had none today as ran out and need to get some in shopping on tHurs

I know but you asked us was it ok for an EE day and it isn't! I don't know how you lost before by not following the 1/3 superfree rule because to do SW and follow the EE plan you need 1/3 with every meal, if you don't have it you aren't following the plan properly! I'm not lecturing you just incase it sounds that way I'm just answering your post :)

ok hun
i know you not suppose to lose like that but i lost a stone and half before getin preg.
it did come off slow though so thats maybe why but when i look back i was eating alot of salad and fruit then and im not now but finding it hard to have salad etc since being preg
dont know how else to follow it at mo :(

beccaharrison89 said:
ok hun
i know you not suppose to lose like that but i lost a stone and half before getin preg.
it did come off slow though so thats maybe why but when i look back i was eating alot of salad and fruit then and im not now but finding it hard to have salad etc since being preg
dont know how else to follow it at mo :(

Oh I know what it's like when you're pregnant, nothin worse than when you go off healthy food lol

I loved melon when I was pregnant it was the only fruit I could eat! What about trying some Red and Green days for a wee change, you dont need to worry about the 1/3 rule and you also get 2 healthy extras

Maybe make some SW chips with cheese (HE A) and the SW curry sauce (1 tin tomatoes, 1 tin mushy peas, 1 tbsp curry powder, 2 chicken gel pots, 1 onion and 2 tbsp canderel, 1/4 or 1/2 pint of boiling water depending on how thick you want the sauce) simmer it all for 20 minutes then blitz until its lump free! Pour over your cheesy chips! :drool: This is my Friday night treat I absolutely love it and it's extremely filling!!

Poor you it's so hard sometimes trying to find nice healthy foods when you're pregnant!

that sounds lovely hun thankuu.find it really hard doing red and green days eVen Before pregnancy.
would my day today work better if i at least had some fruit?
do yoy tHink if u carry on with days like ive had today u going to put more weight on?
would i be better calorie Counting?

beccaharrison89 said:
that sounds lovely hun thankuu.find it really hard doing red and green days eVen Before pregnancy.
would my day today work better if i at least had some fruit?
do yoy tHink if u carry on with days like ive had today u going to put more weight on?
would i be better calorie Counting?

Yeah the more fruit you can eat the better, it's good for baby and good for you!

I wouldn't have a clue about calorie counting! I had my 4th baby a year ago and I wasn't at slimming world but I tried to eat healthily and pick good choices because I didn't want to have to loose lots of pregnancy weight after the baby, I put on just over a stone & a 1/2 which for me was pretty good, in all my other pregnancies I just got bigger and bigger and usually put on about 3 stone!!! :eek:

Do what feels right for you, some days you just won't wanna eat healthily at all but if you can try and make at least a few good choices it won't be all bad x

ok thankyouuu you have really helped me coz iVe struggled terrible. ill keep posting what im eating and if you could help me a long that would be great
im 22+3 preg and ive put a stone on and dint want to put huge more amounts on

oh in from wrk in half hr and gt him thorntondms chocs etc for valentines and cant help but think i want sommme
and the wrst is he will come in and open them
how can i resist

Have some chocolates don't deprive yourself! Everything in moderation!

Yeah that's no problem I'll help you if I can x

Hi everyone!
I've enjoyed reading all your posts:)
I'm currently 19 weeks and already put over 2 stone on:-( not been eating much different but was doing kickboxing 3 times a week for 2 hours a session. Do you go to club or just do it from knowledge?
Could really do with watching what I eat so I don't gain excess just baby.
Does the plan change while your pregnant?
Thank you

Back