Sooo annoyed at shop lady!!!

suzie84

So today I'm feeling a little down over the few blips over Easter, but I held my head high and decided to go shopping for a new top to try and blank it out. After loosing 4 stone since last year i was quite excited. Until the stupid shop lady decided to make the following comment

"oh I bet your glad we stock the larger sizes in here, I don't expect there's many places you can shop now in the high st" ob she was referring to Evans being closed down but still hooooow ruuuude!!!!! I was totally gobsmacked and so hurt , I know words mean nothing but why are people so insensitive !! Is it just me or am I being melodramatic ?

Sorry for the whine I'm just really cross and not to mention upset :-(

I often find that when I get knocked back or comments like that it just spurs me on even more, I refuse to let ignorant people get to me......... I have had a few blips over Easter if its any consolation, keep going and chin up x

o my god! u poor thing....what a thoughtless throwaway remark for them to make. Please take no notice and carry on with the good thought you had....of starting again after a bit of a blip. I had an easter blip too...so u r not on ur own! Unbelieveably rude of her....try your best to put it behind you and concentrate on that brilliant 4 stone loss that you have achieved! x

Thanks guys, I appreciate your advice and will take it all on board! Silly old bint that she was!!! Just wish I'd turned around with a come
Back like "oh it's ok they have plenty of bed sheets in my size in BHS!! Lmao xxxx

I have had that happen to me :mad:, I went to a next Sale and the lady said to me ''we don't have anything in your size so you might as well leave'' !! This was last year and I was so f*cking angry. I just laugh at it now when I think back, how pathetic some people are. Don't let it put you down, at least you can lose weight, she will never lose her disgusting attitude! xx

If this had happened to me I'd have told her 'you've just lost yourself a sale' ... and walked straight out of the shop. Then I'd have gotten on the phone to their head office and asked to speak to the area manager or whoever and told them they'd just lost a customer and why.

How dare she comment on your size? Not just rude but patronising as well "oh I bet your glad we stock the larger sizes in here, I don't expect there's many places you can shop now in the high st". Even though it didn't happen to me I'd be absolutely furious. She's a shop assistant ffs - there to assist, nothing more.

If anyone thinks my reaction is over the top - then all I can say is there's plenty of people who don't have a job out there - she's one of the lucky ones. And with businesses closing left right and centre, they should be doing all they can to help and assist customers and secure sales for their employers, not making rude and patronising remarks.

I was shopping with my son - buying him a pair of shoes, and we went into a well known High Street shoe shop. My son picked out the shoe he wanted off the rack, sat down and tried it on (there were three women behind the counter at the end of the shop and not one of them came over, even though we were the only ones in there) said they fitted and he wanted them, so we'd served ourselves basically .. and I took the shoe up to the counter.

I stood there and was completely ignored. The three women were talking about rotas and time sheets and didn't even look up .. even though I was no more than 2ft away - just the other side of the counter. After standing there for a couple of minutes as if I was invisible I plonked the shoe down on the counter hard (that made them look up lol :D), and told them they'd just lost a sale. When I got home I was still wound up about it, so I rang their head office and ended up getting a call back from their area manager who was appalled. I don't know what happened but I hope they got into trouble - they deserved to. Empty shop, three staff, one customer who had served themself and they still couldn't make the sale.

That particular shoe chain is now in big trouble with many shops likely to close, and I can't say as I'm surprised.

We're very good in this country at just putting up with bad service, and downright rudeness, turning the other cheek, whereas in other parts of the world they just wouldn't tolerate it.

Report her. Complain. You've got every right to.

Just after Alli was on sale OTC, I was approached by a promotions girl in Boots asking if I was interested. At that time, I'd just lost 4 1/2 stone with WW (though have put some back on since:rolleyes:) and was actually on the cusp as to whether I needed it or not.

I was fuming....(a) as I was on the cusp, she'd have to weigh me to find out, as it wasn't obvious (b) as it had a massive advertising campaign, anyone wanting it only had to ask (c) having lost a lot of weight via healthy eating/exercise I clearly didn't need to use it and (d) how blooming rude anyway!!!!

I told her to her face I wasn't interested, that I had already lost a load of weight and went off in a huff towards the toothpaste.

How rude that shop assistant is!!! and the Next shop assistant! Omg it makes my blood boil just thinking about it. At the end of the day, they are supposed to be shop assistants and just that, assist and not pass negative comments. With all the shops closing everywhere you'd think they'd be happy to have a job and be securing their own financial futures by keeping their traps shut unless they have a nice, positive comment to say! I agree with everything Morrigan96 said.

I would definitely complain. That is awful treatment!
I once complained after being ignored for a couple of minutes as 2 cashiers in John Lewis talked amongst themselves, and then spoke to me really rudely when I said that no, a happy birthday gift card would NOT be ok as a wedding gift..."it's only the card though love, the actual voucher can still be spent on whatever they want"*cue huff from said cashier when I refused and asked him to locate a different one.
I got £25 voucher and a written apology just for that, and your incident was much worse!

Back