Sooooi fed up

lilbitgeedy

Well howdy!
Ive never done a chubbies forum before ;-) i have been many types ,but despite having problems with my weight most of my adult life..ive never really talked about it with people exept those who truly know me.i think because I dont express my sensativity around my weight,people assume im ok with being a bigger girl ,and it never ceases to amaze me how others think its ok to make hurtful derogitory comments as though you have no feelings!i always wonder,what it is that makes someone feel you need to be slim for THEM!how does what I weigh affect somebody elses life?? heeeennneeeeway..two months ago I weghed 14 stone,im 5 .3 which is still way too much yes,but was much more comfy...then I bought a car!i have now put on a stone :'(...a stone that has made me feel quite devestated actualy!not to mention disgusting...:-( I have some hormonal problem going on which is under investigation,absent periods,so possible peri meno pcos or endo...i know this is contributing to my struggle.
I have dug back out my sw book and been following that for the last 3 days,although last time it took months just to lose 101b...very frustrating..so I thought I would spread my misery around on here a bit aswell..and see if theres any other miserable frustrated people to chat to:)

Hi and welcome. I know you say you have a set of books but do you need the discipline of going to a class too? I know I do. I can't diet alone or I'd be slim by now.

Suggest you start a diary thread in the SW section and fellow followers of SW will be able to support and help you.

Good luck.

Irene xx

Welcome and may I suggest you go on the really slow weight loss thread, they all know how hard it is to loose weight even though you keep to a plan, I'm sure there make you feel at home. Good luck.

Hey thanks Irene!lol ive been hovering around waiting for someone to reply!
Im one of those people who tend to do things on my own..i am learning though to try and reach out a bit more :) I did start going to a group a couple of years ago but i found everyone there a bit subdued and wasnt very inspiring..i did lose a bit and managed to keep it off for a long while,just recently I seem to have had some sort of amnesia problem regarding regarding whats been falling into my mouth.
This weight thing is just an absaloute pain in the arse isnt it :-/ ..
Thanks so much for your reply!x

Hi there, I know how you feel as I have a fair bit to lose, I think the best way to look at it is by breaking it down into small chunks, try aiming for 7lbs at a time. I know I have a bit of a cheek dishing out advice as I'm new here too but I managed to lose 3 stone with SW before then stupidly put it all back on and more! Good luck with it xxx

Hi

I'm new on here too, although did use the weight watchers online forum once, but i didnt find it that good! For what my opinion is worth (generally not much)I think that support can be key to weight loss, which is why i've signed up!

I need to lose weight i've sat and complained about it for a while now and have to do something about it, but your right, wouldn't life be so much easier if we could wake up tomorrow at our dream weight!

Good luck with the weight loss, i'm trying weight watchers but doing with with the books i've got as to be honest i dont need to spend £20 a month to be told im fat, i already know! Dont be afraid to speak to people about losing weight, least not here (im saying this as totally new) but everyone is here for the same reason!

Hi busby :) course you dont have a cheek..the thing is ,is that its an ongoing thing isnt it..ans its so easy to put weight back on because we become complacent (well I do anyway)its a subconcious thing..once I get a tiny bit smaller,i start believing im now "safe"and can eat whatever I like!wrong ..im one of those unfortunate people that will never be safe around my weight OR chocolate & crisps!BORING.......
Great to meet you ;-)

Hi Giles..im sure your opinion is worthplenty ;-) and its nice to be replied to..haha re the paying for being told youre "chubby"lol I thoroughly agree.i actualy feel quite resentful towards the diet industry in general..losing weight the industry way is an expensive buisness and it should be affordable for everyone to be able to be healthy.Thanks for the encouragement too :) I guess I dont like putting myself in a catagory of "overwieght" because im no couch potato and have always been very knowledgeable about good food and nutrition ,but am also a bigger girl than some.its other peoples attitudes that makes me feel bad about myself.having said all that,i do know that along with the good stuff I also must be eating too much of the bad stuff too and carrying that extra weight is actualy physicaly uncomfortable.
A couple of stone offf would be great but something tells me it may take some seriously hard work and time!
So welcome to you too and maybe we xan both do something about this once and for all hey :)x

Yep I'm the exact same, it's a vicious circle for me, I lose weight, stop following the plan and gain it all back plus some! Hopefully this will be the last new start for us :)

lilbitgready, people can be so cruel even when they aren't trying to be, i must admit one of my biggest critics is a family member who will moan about her putting on weight as well but then do nothing about it and tell me that i'm looking bigger, i'm sure she thinks its helping but sadly not...

How much are you wanting to lose by your 40th if you dont mind me asking, i'm aiming at losing around 30lb altogether but aiming it to be at 2lb a week (seems like it will take forever)

Def doing it for the last time this time, lost 3 stone with ww previously but then some of its slowly crept back on, i know about eating healthy but comfort food really is my downfall, need to get around that but on plus side, have joined a gym so this should be interesting! Good Luck x

Hello again giles!in my opinion people should be more sensitive lol they honestly seem to think its ok and its simply not.just because someone is self depreciating doesnt mean you should join in!
You know,i dont really have an exact goal?but a couple of stone would be good.i have quite a solid compact build(chunky basicaly lol)and people always seem surprised im the wieght I am as I dont particularly look it even though im littleanyway at about the 12 stone mark ilook and feel a thousand times better but that would be a dream I think!
Sounds great you are doing the gym...ive been reading about muscle burning fat and reckon some sort of resistance exersise would be a good idea...but not the gym for me ..too expensive anda bit boring lol.baked bean tins at home?lol
How about you..?x

Exactly! Then again in a world where people are obsessed with weight/image it isnt going to happen any time soon! The thin=beautiful message really annoys me!

I'm aiming to lose around 35lbs feels loads when i write it down but it has to be done.

Oh i hate the gym but the one i've joined has a pool so hopefully i'll be able to do that, as well as some gym work, my physiotherapist will be so proud (tho i probably wont be able to move the next day!) Baked beans sounds a much better idea then the thought of the gym but my friend goes so she will moan at me if i dont go, apparently after a while you come to love it? Can't see it myself but maybe!

Lol..this time next year you will be a gym junky!and yes you HAVE to go if your friend is..lol 351b yep it does sound like LOADS hahaha...one day at a time hey G ;-)

Yes those people are obsessed with MY weight,thats what bothers me..im obsessed enough myself..!
I really just think they are bloody rude giles..its a way of making themselves feel better by putting you down..i know its their own issue..but it still saddens me..x

I'll never be a gym junkie! However after physio today i dont think i'll set foot in a gym again! And yeah that was loads, i might just stick to aiming to lose the 35 lb!

People are funny creatures, however the way i try and look at it is that if they are talking about you its because you're obviously far more interesting then their lives! Hope all is going well x

Helloo G ,Things have been going..... Ummm badly? Haha ..I reckon you are right :)" interesting" is definitley one way of putting it. lol

What are you having the physio for ?yep im nosey!;-)x

Hi there! I'm quite new myself but just wanted to wish you luck on your weight losses. :)

lilbitgeedy & giles86, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of diets are you following? Looks like we're looking to lose the same amount of weight, giles86.

Hi BG and welcome!thanks for the luck :)i definitley need it!haha duno know about giles !..i have been back on sw for the last week ,but I really dont seem to be able to tolerate it and havnt lost a bean ,so think I will change to GI..i did lose some weight on sw a while back but felt miserable and low the whole time,not to mention alot poorer lol..ive decided its not worth feeling ill for..GI is a wholesome & sensible way of eating I find ..plus,i just need a bit of fat in my diet...how about you?x

Back