Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Red:
______

B- fruit 'n yog
L- HexB1 wholemeal roll with cheese (Hexa1), rocket, chicken and pickle (1) and a salad with light mozzerella (hexa2), cucumber, tomatoes, chicken, ham and drsssig (3~)
D- roast up a tray of veg (onions, peppers, courgette, carrots) anf threw in some diced chicken breast and shredded bacon. +2 for honey and HExB2 for exV olive oil. Yummm! Always make this when Geeg comes over but need to do it more often, great to so thoroughly enjoy a 75% superfree meal!!

Syns: 6
______

-1 for Monday WI (in half a week since Thurs WI when I got back from Sweden)! :) Am gonna try to stick to just Mondays for WI's soon but since *week is due soon and I really want another 2lbs off before Florida, I will probably do mid week ones until I go :rolleyes: just so I know if I get there before it is sabotaged by my bloody period (punintended) hehe.

1lb off 4 stone award :O OMG. And 2lbs away from beig out of obese :D sheesh! And maybe 3lbs off 20% body weight loss- zomg! So many mini milestones coming up. If *week doesnt screw me over (yeah right, totally will :p) I could even get a head start into the overweight BMI so that there is some room for error in Florida (am guessing it'll be a +5 or so over the two weeks of constant eating out even if I'm fairly good :( but will try!)

Last edited:
Had a really nice day today too, spoke to my dad about my weight loss (he hadn't even read the bit in my email those weeks ago where I told him- I'd been panicking about that and he hadn't even read it LOL) and we chatted about diets and food and we actually bonded through it a fair bit which was cool! Nervous about my aunts and grandma finding out because they are the ones who will make me feel insecure about it all, but def felt good with my dad. :D

I had packed a salad but we ended up eating out at a pizza place; I watched him eat a calzone while I had grilled swordfish and a side salad and veg :D I never really eat fish but I'm going to try opting for it more in Florida, it wasn't bad! And it's so good for you... I feel guilty for not having fish much, only have salmon like once every couple of months :eek: def think that will help keep my weight in check while in Florida if I can have fish and salads! And also, since my dad will be paying for everything and really doesn't care about spending money for pleasure (he is looking at spending £1200 on getting the family a VIP pass for Disney where we get a 'guide' who takes us to the front of the queues for each ride, for a day :| OMG!!) so I can have expensive steaks and stuff at restaurants :p yummm. OMG I am SO EXCITED FOR THIS HOLIDAY!!
My dad said I am definitely more excited than my little sisters LOL (they are 7 and 11!)

Red:
____
B- banana, nat ff yog, kiwi
L- Grilled swordfish with vegetables and salad (half a hexB for oil +2 maybe? Was grilled but the veg def had been tossed in somehthing, maybe butter... forgot to ask for no butter but did ask for salad instead of potatoes to keep it Red :))
D- The salad I made for lunch but didn't get to have- with chicken, ham, cherry tomatoes, spinach, rocket, cucumber and +2 for dressing

Snacks- 1.5 big fruit box things from Asda that were reduced to clear, nooommm. Chewy Delight (HexB1) and one piece of fruit rivita (HexB 1/2) with fluff (.5) and sweet freedom syrup (.5)

Syns: 5
____
No HexA's today but am going to have a nice Green day tomorrow methinks, and maybe a small glass of milk now before bed as I do quite fancy one actually.
Am due on any minute, have had tummy ache and been extra tired all evening, so am super glad I got the -1 today as now I can get this period over with and then have one last week to lose the last 2lbs and hit my mini goal of 'outta obese BMI' :D
Feel like a boss after two low syn red days of just salads and a roast veg meddly dinner- has been a 75% superfree couple of days :D BOOM.
x

Your holiday is going to be AMAZING! Can I make friends with your Dad?! ;)
I just found out that Universal are going to have a Cabin in the Woods for Halloween. That would be epic :D

Hahaha! We do seem to have almost complete opposite taste in films. Although, we both agree that Tarantino is ballz ;)

I think you'll get your pre-holiday goal. I'd put money on you :D You'll be all slinky while you're away!!xx

So psyched for it :D
Glad we agree about 'tino!

Quick food, period is mental today, constant strong tummy ache and like dizzy spells and hot flushes :( even had some severe stabbing cramps for an hour.

Green:
B- fruit and yog
L- mini Potato pancake, tiny big of pasta and some oriental beans with hexa cheese.and 1/2 hexb1 olive oil (half tbspn)
D- wholemeal roll (b2) with brie (other half b1 +3) spinach and jam (1)
Snacks- these chickpea, spinach and pine nut balls from asda '40% less fat and baked' but do contain veg oil so will give a few syns as had 3 (+3)

Syns: 7
_____

Sounds like much more than it is, barely ate anything today, appetite has been weird and dramatic.

TMI warning for ahead.
So I think on top of * week I have a small tumny bug. All yesterday afternoon I was gassey as hell and then running to the loo and shot quick stuff out about 3 times in 2hrs! Maybe that was why my tummy felt so ongoing and I'd been having these unbareable hot flushes!
Yesterday I took the bus up to Cheltenhan to visit my friend as a last minute thing. She is at uni here and her work placement for her course doesnt finish for a few weeks, but her grandad just died and she's in a state and she has no-one out here. So I got here yesterday afternoon and we went for a harvester then had a really bonding time talking all evening. It was really fun :) her flatmates seem like dicks though; she is quite an easy target for bullying because she is very sweet and tries too hard with people and it sadly comes across as insecurity and nerdiness and she seens to attract a lot of bullying :( here the people are just dicks to her, one girl is a real piece of work.
Anyway, she has her work placement at 6-10 tonight so we're gonna go shopping and maybe to the cinema first :D I need some summer dresses for Florida that are cool, my uk ones are too heavy.

Red:
______
B- fruit, yoghurt, lots of blueberries
L- a fairly big box of blueberries on the coach, 3 alpen light's (HEXb) and a banana (was a 3.5hr journey right through lunch time)
D- Harvester- grilled chicken with JD sauce (7 syns? Cant remember) with a jacket spud (hexb, oops, went over by one alpen light!) and a huge bowl of salad beforehand with low fat vinegrette and a drize of red devil (2)

Syns- 9 (+a few for the extra alpen light but meh, will have one less today)
_______

Brought loads od food from home that would have otherwise gone off; salad and chicken slices and wholemeal rolls and stuff, so should be all set for a few on plan days. Not sure when I'm coming back yet, got a one way ticket the night before for a fiver.

Aww mate I really hope your friend is ok. Sounds like she's lucky to have you there. People can be so horrible :(

Hope your tummy is feeling better soon too. Not nice when you get something like that!

Hope you find some nice dresses and enjoy the cinema too.xx

Thanks Cheeky! Feel much better today :)

Havent seen the town yet but from bus to her house it seemed nice! Massive drama today, will copy and paste from another message I just typed:

Didnt do much today as Eliza was feeling really rough about her flatmate being a bully. I ended up nearly having a fist fight with the flatmate Tammy- she had been really aggressively yelling at Eliza for something she hadnt done and I just kicked off and exploded and we were just yelling at each other :| I then sort od pulled together an intervention with the other flatmate who had quietly slipped away without helping even though part of the blame was on her and her bf. I told her that it isnt on that Eliza was being bullied in her own house, she had gone upstairs and burst into tears saying how this happens daily and she stays in her room the whole time but when she goes out for food or the toilet the girl is there to snap at her. The other flatmate didnt have much to say so I decided to go and see Tammy who it turns out had been listening in to that whole convo. She didnt let me in her room at first even though I was appologising, and was crying and shouting (very big, chavvy and scary girl!) about how she had been abused and stuff, and eventually I just sort of pushed in and hugged her and she cried against me for a while and we sat and talked about what she was going through (she was pregnant recently and her ex beat her up so that she miscarriaged :|...) and then we talked about the situation today and how there were better ways of dealing with the mess (which was what the argument had been about- ant infestation which ironically had really started in her own room which was beyond a tip! Packets of food remains everywhere, but she had been trying to blame the ants on one crisp packet in the lounge left by Eliza's bf which meant it was apparently Eliza's deal to tidy the whole place up, even though she hadnt been there and her bf was also Tammy's friend... And Tammy had been basically living in the lounge day in day out for a month! Crazy) Eventually Eliza came in and appologised for all of her slip ups (had probably been outside the door hearing Tammy rant about her) and they made ammends pretty fast and got a lot off their chests after months of hatred. Eventually we were just chatting and then I aided them to go upstairs and tidy up the kitchen and lounge together with cheesy music on which they got on well with! I am relieved because from tomorrow they will be the only two in the flat for the next two months. We can both tell that the friendliness wont last long as she was already snapping at Eliza earlier, but I told her just to keep on Tammy's good side and try hard to be friends just to avoid the conflict she cant handle. Phew! Eliza and I had a mini therapy sesh later and she cried and cried for a while, I think it was really good for her, she has it ingrained that it is wrong to cry. I also invited her to stay with us when her course finishes in Aug so she can have a safe place away from the flatmate stress for a few weeks. She has no room at her parent's house as they rent her room out now so really feels trapped here.

Eliza had uni work stuff from 6pm-10 so I just read on my kobo and then napped for a bit.

Eliza had uni work stuff from 6pm-10 so I just read on my kobo and then napped for a bit. Lots of emotional stuff today! Was too busy to care much about food but appetite had been certainly present unlike a couple of days ago... Must have been a tummy bug, so unlike me to not want to eat :p

Red:
_____

B- nat ff yog + fruit
L- chicken salad with salad cream (2)
D- wholemeal roll (hexB) with jam (2)
Snacks- 2 alpen light's, 2 activia 0%, lots of grapes and cherries.
Syns: 4
_____

Period is still raging hard but tummy hasnt been a problem today. Had a small tummy ache at one point but glad it is mainly over! G had tummy issues a few days ago for just a day so wonder if it was just a small bug... Hadnt really cooked for us both in a while so doubt it was food related...

Tomorrow will do the shopping and cineworld day hopefully!

Last edited:
Forgot to add- Tammy made me a really intricate friendship bracelet? LOL. In the morning we both admitted we had never so nearly hit a complete stranger, she was being so childish and irrational even when I was basically tidying up the mess as it would take 5 minutes- she wouldnt let me get the hoover from her room!? And after all that yelling she spent all day making me this lovely bracelet LOL

I never lived in a student dorm sort of enviroment, but it sucks! Lol :p I lived with my best friend while I was at film school.and we had.a blast!

EE
_______

B- nat ff yog + fruit

L- went to a mexican restaurant and ordered a burrito without the wrap- meat, beans, rice, salad, vegetables (skipped on the guac sadly) with a pinch of HexA cheese. Will call that about 9 syns for oil etc as the wrap is usually about 9 I seem to recall; it was a fairly small.portion of meat, mainly brown rice, black beans and veg.

D- wholemeal roll with jam (1) and some cherries.

Snacks- 3 percy pig sweets (4.5), some chicken chunks and strawberries

Syns: 14.5
______

Different kind of drama today in that my friend kinda ignored me all.afternoon while I was bored out of my mind :S she just sort of spent ages on her laptop despite the fact that she had cut the shopping trip early for a 4hr nap and that all of yesterday I had done nothing but be there for her and then twiddle my thumbs while she was at work. Felt a bit sucky as I was so insanely bored and she kinda just didnt seem to care that I had come all the way down to spend time with her while she spent the evening on her laptop... Sigh. Wishing I was home now, I miss Gerard. Going home tomorrow eve but dreading another day of nothing to do. At least enjoyed the sun and finished a book on my kobo in the park today.

Red:
______

B- activia, strawberries, apple
L- chicken salad (+1 salad cream light)
D- bacon, chicken, cheese (a+b) and veg meddly (onions, peppers)
Snacks (on 3hr coach home over dinner time)- wholemeal roll (b1) with jam (+1), 2 alpen light's, skips (3.5) bite of another wholemeal roll (+1), apple, activia, fruit box from cafe nero.
_____

Was so hungry on the coach ad.it was from 5.45-8.45 and I'd had an early lunch, very nearly caved to EE to have somethig carby when I got ofd the coach but luckily had enough snacks to keep me going (would have had to syn the second B options which I didnt want to!)

Eager about monday wi, feel like this week has been really good though periodnia only just slowing down so probably won't have balanced out weight until thurs but... Have a good feeling about it :D especially after the tummy bug LOL *silver lining*

Went to see World War Z today :D loved it! Have gone on and on about how different it is from the book (which I really disliked!) so am not going to rant on again :p but I do find it funny that it's even 'based' on the book when Brad Pitt's character/story line isn't even in the book :rolleyes:

Went to Harvester AGAIN today hehe! Had it on like Friday also. So yummy ^^ AND had an Oreo milkshake before the film OMG! SO GOOD! Had about a third and G had the rest... Have been trying to search the syns but no luck. Ice cream + oreos!

Red:
_____

B- 2 bananas and nat ff yoghurt

L- Harvester: Grilled chicken breast, JD sauce (5 syns), plain jacket potato (HexB1) and a big salad to start with (low fat vinaigrette +1 and a tiny drizzle of the red devil sauce +1)

D- Chicken salad with a bit of cheese (HexA1) +1 for dressing

Snacks- glass of milk (HexA2), third of an oreo milkshake :D ummm will call that 8 syns? I mean... Half a whippie ice cream is 7 so third of an icecream milk shake + an oreo... hmm.

Syns: 16
_____

Excited about WI... Period is still present (whole week, jeeze) but am hoping that won't effect it... 2lbs to mini goal of OUT of OBESE and INTO OVERWEIGHT BMI WOOO! Really hope * week bloatedness doesn't slow that down... Have been pretty good this week, spent the whole time at my friends' eating chicken salads and fruit apart from a couple of pretty low syn meals out :)

Tomorrow Gerard wants to watch the F1 he taped today so I think I'll head to Camden town to get a summer dress.

Did so much shopping in Cheltenham with my friend but couldn't find what I was after... really want a new long boob tube maxi dress, I used to LIVE in my old one on holiday/in the summer but it's too big now :( / :D hehe. But I loved the pattern and being able to throw it over my swimming costume when I was out of the pool, so I really want another one but can't seem to find one I like :S why aren't they all over shops at the moment? It's bloomin' hot out! Anyway, last week in Camden saw some really pretty dresses and necklaces and stuff and thought- hey! I'm actually a size that can just about fit into this stuff now so am going to treat myself to a me day trying on nice dresses :D didn't have time last time as was with people who just wanted to look rather than wait around for hours.

Fingers and toes are crossed for tomorrow's WI... If it goes well might also treat myself to a naughty camden take away dish as last week it nearly killed me to walk past them all :p hmm... too many treats maybe! Had a treat day today too and need to save syns for Saturday as am doing an early birthday drinks picnic thing before I go away :D yaaay summer!
x

Hey hun, just thought i'd pop by and say hello! Sounds like you're doing really well :). Sounds mad but try the supermarkets for a boob tube maxi, I had an awesomely bright tie dye one from asda! They had quite a few in but thats going back a month or so. Not sure when you jet off to Florida but enjoy! xx

Haha I have tried Asda and Tesco! WIll keep looking though, and thanks! :D

I REACHED MY MINI GOOOOAL!! :D I am now officially out of Obese BMI for the first time in my adult life and into the overweight catagory :D yaaay! Also have reached CLUB 20 and 4 stone award!!! Omgggg :D
Got -3lbs today despite *week still looming :D despite the oreo milkshake yesterday ;) hehehe. I am 0.05 BMI points out of Obese now :p new mini goal before Florida (leave next Monday!) is to get into the 15 stone range, am currently 16st2 so hopefully doable if I dont go mad over birthday picnic on sat ;) this gives me a reason not to. Would like a little more space under the obese line to have leeway for when I get back from Florida ;)

Mega happy dancing!!! :bunnydance: YAY! I'm so pleased for you mate :D

Sounds like you have quite a stressful time at your friends. Her housemate sounds awful!!! Also sucks that she can't go back home :( You've been a really good friend to her tho, even when she was a pain the a*se ;) xx

Thanks guys! :D I am relieved. Hopefully it will keep me on my toes while away as I never ever ever want to slip back into the obese range!

Let myself have a relaxed green day today. Realised I've done 90% red days recently with the odd EE thrown in, all pretty low syn, which is working fab but I want to be able to boost things later when I get nearer target so am going to relax a bit for now :) other than saving syns for a boozy bday picnic on sat ;)

Green
______

B- fruit, yoghurt
L- pasta, hexa1+2 cheese, black beans, onions, chopped tomatoes, orange pepper
D- 1 matzo (hexb1) with Brie (hexb2) salad and jam (1) as a cracker sandwich, followed by a small portion of rice with black beans and a chopped tomato, tiny squeeze of ketchup (.5)
S- cookie kit kat (5) :D yummm! might have another too! Home made lolly with NAS squash, one chickpea and spinach bite thing (.5?)

Syns- 7 and about to have another mini cookie kit kat so = 12

______

Didn't go to Camden in the end or to cinema, maybe tomorrow though.

Back