Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

It is a Virgin gym too, but for their non-contract goers it's £85 or something, a bit less if you tie into a yearly thing which I wouldn't do. Really annoying thing is the one my friend goes to (also a virgin gym) offers a discount to under 25s but this one doesn't because it's "adults only" what!? It's a really nice one on amazing grounds and has a huge pool which is why it's so expensive. Worked out if I joined the Easy Gym (easyjet gym!) near me it would cost £30 for membership and if I wanted to go every day it would cost me another £90 on return busses! I know I wont go every day (of course not, lol) but with the one across the road I can go whenever I want be it for 10 minutes or an hour, where with Easy Gym or another far away I know I'd think "well, if it's going to take me half an hour to get there then I cant be bothered" and if I was paying an extra £3 bus return each time then I'd feel it wasn't worth the journey for just a 20 minute stint. Ahh, I don't know! But I work from home and need a reason to get out of the house and something to motivate me to do some exercise- maybe paying will make me think "I better friggin use it!"
Can't really afford that price though :S but maybe for a month to push myself.

I hope I do get that exercise bug! I think if you do a yearly contract it's lik 70 a month instead. The thing is I travel sometimes for work and if I'm away for a week or two and paying still it would suck. I'm going to be away for two weeks in july and potentially a month in october... Ah I dont know. There is one other place I could look at that is cycling distance (so many hills around me that most places arent) but their classes look rubbish. They have a huge.pool though and it would be half the price, so maybe I should look into that a bit more! I would still only do monthly so I dont mind just doing 1 month at pricey virgin to get into the exercise a bit!

Ooph, anyway, just woke up and am a bit hungover but had a fab night. The party was fun and I reconnected with someone I hadnt seen in 5 years since school which was really cool. I also bragged for ages to another filmmaker (a lighting assistant) about how I skipped hisnjob to be head of ca.era department and have been flown tonloads of cool places to do it. I love drunkenly boasting :p he was a bit of a douche and judging my ways so I was like "yeah,well, it got me a month of work in the caribbean and a feature film, soooo...!" hahaha, man I'm a d*ck when I'm drunk.

And I stayed within my syns!
I hadnt had any that day so had 40 saved in total.
I took with me a bunch of little vodka bottles I'd pocketed from flights to Dubai over xmas (they give free booze so I asked for doubles and stocked them up, lol) they were double shots- 50cl which I worked out was 6 syns per bottle and I took 5 with me as that is all I had. Wasnt sure if that would get me as smashed as I wanted but it did- and it lasted until I left so that was perfect! I saved the lil bottles as I can reple ish them for another time- great way to keep tabs of what I'm drinking. I nearly bought a half full big bottle of smirnoff but I'd have had.no idea how much I was drinking!
I did also have one shot of some fruity vodka someone had made that was going around, it wasnt very strong but obvs had some fruity sh*t in it too so will call that another 6 syns. So that is 36 in total.
I had the serious munchies on the way home and had to walk past all these kebab shops :p thought that was pretty brave! Got home and had some free pasta. Will keep the syns down for the rest of the weekend just in case, will be interesting to see how this works out at WI on monday as I've missed drinking!

Otherwise yesterday I had an EE day with loooads of pasta:

B- pasta (just kidding)- fruit and yoghurt
L- spag bol + cheese (hex A) and sugar snap peas
D- leftover bolognase with more pasta and rocket salad + salad cream (1 syn)
S- yoghurt, more pasta after party

Total syns for the day: 37
Weekly syns leftover: 3

X

It's really not worth signing up for your gym for a year to just save £10 a month. Maybe that other gym is worth a look, maybe ask if u could have a free day pass for that one, have a look around. It sounds like your life is so exciting! It's amazing you get travel so much with it! And good on you for boasting! Sounds like the guy was a douche and probably deserved being knocked down a peg. Lol.

Ive not had a night out since I've been on SW, let me know how you think it will effect your wi. You did so well to resist a takeaway and get home so congrats on that Hun xxx

Ah, my life isnt as exciting as that sou ds- the reality of it is I spend 90% of my life twiddling my thumbs waiting for work to come around and depressed because I have nothing to do! I've never had a proper 9-5 job and I recon ot would help my sanity, but Gerard says I'd hate it and quit after a week :p probably true! Will let.you know how weigh in goes. Was feeling really noshy yesterday but didnt have anything naughty and drank loads of water (well, SF squash). Am really bunged up at the mo though with a cold and bit of a sore throat. Feel quite bloated. These things may effect WI too. We'll see tomorrow!

I just woke up from a dream I was ordering/customizing this huge salad with slow toasted pork- looked so good!

Green yesterday:

Breakfast at 1pm: big hangover breakfast of potato pancake (onion, carrot, potato), hexB ex v olive oil, scrambled eggs, sugar snap peas and some spaghetti. Light salad cream (1 syn)

Lunch: uncle bens mexican bean rice (2.5) with added mixed beans (ss), sugar snap peas (sf) salad and hexA1 cheese.

Dinner: pasta with HexA2 cheese, sugar snap peas (they are so easy to throw into anything as they cook so fast!) asparagus, mixed beans (ss) with a tsp of tomato puree, wozzy sauce and the pasta was cooked in stock cubes. Very nice!

Snacks: 2 x ww desert style yogs (1 syn together) 1 cheesecake muller (1 syn), 1 activia light yog, hexb2 chewy delight, banana.

Think the sw drinking issue is as much the hangover hunger the next day too, I was constantly wanting to fill the slightly nauseas feeling.

G is out today for mothers day and I have the house to myself! This basically never happens because we both freelance and work from home and he has no friends (by choice- weirdo) so he's literally always home unless we go out together. He has gotten a bit better and gone out a few times to the cinema alone this year though. Anyway- Time to party!

Yeah, I always call Worchester sauce Wozzy sauce for some reason :p only really in my head though!

Had a really awesome photoshoot today- feeling enthusiastic, creative and energised :D it was just outdoors head shots for an actor friend but she is stunning and we got some amazing shots! Gerard and I have decided to work towards a portfolio of sort of arty outdoor head shots so we've lined up 3 photoshoots this week. Tomorrow we're shooting with a model/actress I've worked with numerous times and her boyfriend who is also an actor. We're going to do head shots first, then coupley shots and throw in some arty singles too. Killing 3 birds with one stone :p we'd like to advertise to do all sorts of creative portraits (including couple shots) so it'll be great for our portfolio. Steph, the model, is an absolute joy to photograph, but I've always felt she didn't really like me much (we were both on a shoot in Paris last year and flat shared for a few days with the makeup artist and director) so am sort of excited/nervous at the same time. Sort of feel like I have to overly look after her as she's doing me a favour rather than vice versa tomorrow- where today Marie was really grateful for the shots so it was really fun all round! Another shoot on Thurs so am going to be head over heels in the editing room in all my free time this week! Feels great to be inspired and productive!

WI this morn- STS. Expected as much, felt bloated again (probably all this darn pasta I've been eating :eek:). Don't really think this is down to the drinking to be honest, I had 3 good weeks of losses so this is the slow week to balance it out methinks.
________

Food yest: Green

Breakfast: yog + fruit
Lunch: Pasta + veg w/cheese HexA
Dinner: Pasta + veg
Snacks: yoghurts, hexB chewy delight x 2, HexA2 Oatly choc milk

Can't really remember what else I had but kept syns very low. Can't believe how much pasta I've had lately but I really crave it for some reason!

Food today: Green, weekly syns re-set

B: Fruit + yog + maple syrup (1 syn)
L: Spag bol (HexB1) with sugar snap peas + hexA1 cheese
D: Small cup of coco pops (5 syns + 1/3rd hexA2 milk) Cheese string (2.5 syns), HexB2 chewy delight + activia yoghurt

Syns total: 8.5
Weekly syns saved: 6.5

Pasta for lunch tomorrow too as the models are coming over at 12 and we're feeding everyone to start with rather than getting hungry just after we start! MORE PASTA!? I'm going to turn into pasta soon (and not a skinny strand of spaghetti! :() hehe. x

Shoot was difficult today, we had issues with the location (being told off by security and having difficulty finding the shots) and we were tired and everything was a bit stressy/awkward. But we did get some nice stuff! Here's one:
1IMG_1436 koi.jpg
More pics on our facebook page if you fancy seeing them (search the watermarked name or www.facebook.com/*watermark here* - don't want to link it or people will find this page and my weight/diary when searching our company name :| scary, lol)

Food today- green again. Pasta again. NO PASTA TOMORROW!

Breakfast: Fruit & yog
Lunch: Pasta with red pesto (2.5 syns for 1tbsp apparently?), herta chicken frankfurter (3.5 syns on green) and HexA1 cheese
Dinner: Diced potato and onion fried in Hex B olive oil, HexA2 cheese with scrambled eggs (ketchup - 1 syn) and a big bowl of superfree speedy soup.
Snacks: HexB2 Chewy Delight bar, half a pack of Velvet Crunch (2 syns), 2 bananas

Syns total: 9
Weekly syns saved: (forgot I'd had a hot choc at a cafe yest, standard hot choc with milk = 6.5 syns) 7 left.

Just took a pregnancy test- pretty scary! False alarm though. Basically my * week never manifested in the end (a couple of weeks ago) other than some dark discharge; I started to panic and had been losing some sleep over it :/ but the reality is my periods always used to be very inconsistent and irregular (polycystic ovaries- which is why this preg test was my first- sometimes my periods would go months without showing) though recently had been more regular. Anyway, obviously nothing to be too worried about :p am relieved.

We've both come down with a cold today- pretty sure my last cold wasn't even over yet and had been dragging on for months :mad: but I guess it was from shooting in the near snow (we did see a few snow flake) and not being warm enough on Monday- my hands were so cold I could barely use my camera. Anyway, feeling crappy and a bit nauseas because I slept like crap, woke up a dozen times and went to bed at like 3am- could have done with sleeping all day but the builders on next door's roof woke me up at 11.
Don't have energy for anything :( am glad I'm not shooting today, but should be editing!

Food so far today: (not sure if red/green/ee yet, but am making an effort to NOT have pasta) (edit: RED day, woop!)

Breakfast: 2 kiwis and a banana chopped into nat ff yoghurt with some honey (1 syn)

Snacks: Cheese string (2.5), New York Cheesecake Mullerlight (1 syn)

Lunch: Nada

Dinner: Chicken with onions, yellow pepper and spinach

Late night snack (I guess a belated lunch, lol): 2x white bread (400g loaf = 6 syns) with hexa cheese grilled and ketchup (1 syn) under it (pizza toast, mmm)
Syns total: 11.5
Weekly syns saved: 10

Last edited:
Don't be hard on yourself. Take it easy. Resist the pasta! Wii x

Managed to resist pasta :D
Actually, appetite has been totally off today so wasn't hard. Missed lunch and had chicken and vegetables for dinner.

After the pregnancy test scare then managed to break a condom later- what the hell is going on today!? Sorry if this is all too much info, lol. Anyway, had to call the GP and rush over there before it shut for a prescription of the morning after pill; not sure if that will effect my WI tomorrow but am nervous about WI because I've felt crap/bloated all week, ah well. I've stuck to plan 100%, I just have to have faith that things will happen in due time.

Doctor checked my blood pressure and weighed me and was very pleased that I'd lost weight since last month :D I boasted "2 stone since xmas!" which made me happy (I don't tell anyone about my weight loss plans really! And no-one has noticed yet :sigh:)

Another shoot tomorrow afternoon, hopefully will perk up by then.

Sts this morn, as expected. My tummy aches a bit so I'm hoping my * week wilp happen any minute (have never wanted it so much, lol) and then a big loss next thurs since I've been good!
Feeling really blurghh with the tummy ache, potential pms and cold, but the shoot today is with a friend who makes me laugh who I havent really seen since the feature film we shot this time last year- so am hoping it's fun.

Hi Hun, super glad your panic is over for you, must be so hard with irregular periods plus the rest. Your shoot photo is beautiful, hope you had fun, and your not feeling too ill now!
Shame about your Sts but under the circumstances not too bad, and I bet you'll have a lovely big loss next week! And I can't blame you at all for the pasta, I could make spaghetti Bol and happily eat it for about 3 days lol. Xx

Thanks EmmaB, I've had days where I have spag bol for lunch and dinner and then the next day for lunch too, hehe.

Feeling rubbish today. Not so much a cold- I've been eating loads of oranges for vitamin C this week and drinking loads of NAS Squash to flush it out, it's not bothering me anymore. This evening I've just crashed to this horrible depressive place where I'm unhappy about my home life, my relationship, my work, and generally feeling demotivated and destructive. I just picked a fight with Gerard because I'm bored of this relationship; we're literally together every waking and sleeping moment and have been for over a year now and it's killing me. I need more space. I need to be able to miss him because when I'm around him this much he just irritates me and I feel 0 romance. So I've spent the past hour being a total ***** and calling him on this and I'm hoping this is just a huge batch of PMS that will be followed by a wonderfully relieving period. After the condom breaking I'm scared again- the morning after pill has an 85% success rate and seeing as I manage to get every frigging annoyance possible (dyslexia, dyspraxia, insomnia, borderline personality disorder, depression, sleep paralysis, batches of scitzophrenia/disassociation, asthma, polycystic ovaries- I mean, for f*cks sake) I'm sort of scared that I'll be within the unfortunate 15% here as well.
Anyway, I need to stop feeling sorry for myself, but I just feel **** and am in that place where I just can't imagine ANYTHING that would make me happy. Even if I woke up in Disneyland I'd still feel demotivated. Arghhhfjoirefjeoirh[04i[f0riu. I need to get sh*t faced and have some fun.

Red day today. I had a quick second WI after I'd been to the toilet and it had dropped by half a pound, lol.

_______
Red:

Breakfast: FF nat Yoghurt, loads of blueberries, a kiwi and a banana all tossed in and topped with a desert spoon of honey (1 syn)

Lunch: Salmon with spinach salad; light salad cream (2 syns as I had a lot)

Dinner: Speed soup, cheese on toast (hexAx2) (6 syns for the bread, 1 syn for ketchup)

Snacks: Velvet Crunch (4 syns), 2x chewy delight HexB bars (I'm running out of them, nooo!) a large orange, a banana and a couple of activia 0% yoghurts.

Total syns: 14
Weekly syns saved: 11

______

The shoot was OK, pretty awkward and I really wasn't in the mood, but we got some good head shots. Thanks for the nice comments on that other shot :)

x Sophie

Hi Hun,
sorry ur having such a terrible time, really hope your feeling better today. I know what you mean about you and G needing space, it really can get too much at times. I was ill for about 2 months over Christmas, and so we were together pretty much constantly, we ran out if anything to talk about, there was no romance while I was ill at all ( understandable). But we had to make an effort over the past weeks. What about suggesting a date night? Both get dressed up, go for drinks, go for a yummy dinner then more drinks, that should probs get the romance back ;-)

try not to worry too much about the condom Hun, I know it's very difficult, I'd be stressing like he'll. but I heard if you take morn after pill within 12 hrs its as effective as the normal pill which mine is more than 99%. Think it's only if you weight a few days then it reduces the longer you weight, but you went ASAP Hun, I'm sure you'll be ok! Fingers crossed for you tho Hun.

Sending hugs xx

Back