Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

______

Red day today; haven't had dinner and had to practically force a cheese string down me to get some syns in- lol! Appetite is still weird :S don't want to affect my loss by under-synning, what are you guys' thoughts on this? Everyone says you should have at least 5 a day or you won't have enough fat in your diet or something weird like that....

Breakfast: Fruit, FF nat Fromage Frais, honey (1 syn)

Lunch: Chicken wrapped in bacon (fat removed) topped with cheese and some phili lightest under the bacon (hex A x2); lots of caramelised onions (using splenda), yellow peppers and sugar snap peas. SO YUM. The cheese on top really was the cherry on the cake :D

Snacks: Cheese string (2.5)

Have been drinking lots of squash and water, at least 3 litres. Will have a Chewy Delight bar now for my Hex B.

Syns total today: 3.5 :S

Weekly syns saved: 39.5

______

Not having Thai after all tomorrow, going to some cafe as my friend can't eat spicy food at the moment (grr) so will have whatever the hell I want there, have so many sins to use! Ok, well, within reason :p

Hi Hun, I've just really enjoyed reading all you've written, not been on in a few days, so so pleased for you that your getting on so well with the plan so far, trying to think of it as an eating plan that's just changing my eating habits generally, rather than thinking of it as a diet.
hopefully we can help you along with your journey. Have u taken any before photos? I can see why your not telling people, I didn't until I'd lost a stone, and I could feel a bit more confident. You'll get there Hun, as you start to see changes. Keep up all your hard work!
My idea of syns and why they say 5 is so that we don't feel deprived, rather than fat levels because things like smoothies are synned. Might ask my consultant next week x

Thanks EmmaB :) I do think of it as a way of life rather than a diet, but in the back of my mind I guess I'm wondering how long until I can go out and eat whatever at a restaurant and get a desert too! But yeah, I am someone who forever has their head in the future and I need to focus on the now.
I heard that syns were to add some extra calories or something, as otherwise you could end up not having enough cals for your body to work it off... Sounds a bit iffy, not sure I trust that!
I have a god awful amount of before pictures on Facebook that I've untagged but know are still looming around, I haven't taken any proper front on and profile shots... Maybe I should, but I've already lost 2 stone (nearly!) so would feel like mid journey rather than start. :rolleyes:

EE day:

Breakfast: FF yog, kiwi, banana, blueberries

Lunch at cafe: scrambled eggs on smoked salmon and muffin (ate half of muffin = 4 syns) which was buttered (2 syns)

Unfortunately, this didn't really fill me for long :/ by 5pm at the exhibition I was hungry! So I had a baguette, which according to my search is 21 syns for 170g :/ which I'm assuming is a regular greggs sort of baguette? Gerard had about a 5th of it so I'm going to call it 16 syns. Inside was a measly amount of brie (HexA), this tender pork ham stuff (not very fatty but will put a couple of syns aside for that in case), a little onion chutney (1 syn) and rocket. Which means for what I had of it that's about 19 syns :| It was fairly yum though and I REALLY wanted it. Not as great as upper crust but still was quite nice (and SO expensive- Natural history museum charged 4.95 for it! Sheesh)

Getting hungry already now (7.30pm) :/ my easy appetite this week has turned around! I've put 2 onions, a red pepper and a grated carrot into a pan to slowly caramelise with splenda/balsamic/stock and will have that with either rice or pasta later. I'm just waiting for * week to properly begin now, as I've felt so tired and hungry all day. I'm sure it'll probably wait until Sunday though when we're going to G's baby niece's christening, I'll probably be a moody cow around his whole extended family- yay! :p

Total syns for the day: 25
Weekly Syns saved: 29.5

____

So, had totally forgotten about the Christening which means my ultimate weakness in life: CANIPES! Jeeze, I LOVE them! Well, I still have some syns saved and will be good tomorrow. I feel like I've been really naughty today- feel so guilty! But considering how many syns I've saved, I shouldn't. There's also a pre-christening pub lunch on sat with his family though *sigh* maybe I should eat before I go... But then I'll be hungry later (christening is over an hour away and if we're meeting early for lunch means leaving at around 11.30am (my breakfast time, lol) and it doesn't end until 6 so we probably won't be home until at least 7! Frig. Anyway, will have minimal syns tomorrow and hopefully find something fairy safe on the pub menu so I can enjoy some canapés :D

Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhib was OK but nothing special. There were two really WOW-some photos but a bunch of not amazing ones and in all, just too many photos- it was all a bit of a brain frazzle, especially as I was really tired. I felt the same last year too, actually, too much to focus on. In the summer, however, they had a free exhbition of a selection of last years photos on the lawn outside the Nat. Hist museum and that was great! There were still quite a few but it was so much nicer outdoors and in the sun, and it was free and not all crowded in a dark room like today.
G is off to see Mama as I suggested on the way home (saves the bus fair there as he could just get off a tube stop early) which gives me the house to myself for the first time in like a MONTH. Wooo! 90210 binge and Sims 3 hehe.

x

Forgot to mention that I ate 4 bananas yesterday :| that's how I got my super free in! Could have had more though, my hungry tum...!

Just a quick check in because bf is trying to get to sleep beside me.
Juat tried on a few outfits from my wardrobe to wear tomorrow at G's niece's christening- one of them i noticed a huge difference in! It used to fit so great but when I sat down it really showed off my stomach rolls, but this time when I sat there werent any rolls :O the dress is looser and thus not clinging in to define the rolls, but also there is less general roll-age! First time I've noticed a change. Am looking forward to wearing it without roll insecurity :p

EE day today, have had serious pre menstral pasta cravings all day.

B- yog, fruit
L- Chicken, pasta, half hexA philli lightest, onions, red pepper, sugar snap peas, spinach
D- pasta, bacon, phili lightest, spinach, sugar snap peas

Snacks- several muller lights (2 were a syn each for the cheese cake ones which are yum!) banana, hexB chewy delight bar, half a cheese string (1.5)

Syns total for the day- 3.5

Subscribing now off to read :)

Hi there :wavey: nice to have a fellow Londoner here :)
Amazing that you've lost 11 stone! Wow :D
what kind of reptiles do you keep? X

Tetris said:
Hi there :wavey: nice to have a fellow Londoner here :)
Amazing that you've lost 11 stone! Wow :D
what kind of reptiles do you keep? X

Awww thank you hun
We keep all types really
Lizards, snakes....spiders
exotic frogs you name it....we have it lol

Hope you have a lovely time at the christening with your new found confidence and watch out for those canapes! x

Ahhh, the christening was nice, interesting to meet G's extended family- they all seemed lovely and very inquisitive!

Decided to skip the pub lunch and ate before I left- steak with caramelised onions and a spinach salad.

There weren't canapés at the reception really (sniff!), some little quiche tart things and big sausage rolls (had two tarts - they were about twice the size of a normal canapé, but avoided the sausage rolls)
I also had 3 finger sandwiches (2 cheese & tomato (HexA) and 1 Egg Mayo (1 syn for the mayo, 6 syns for the bread)) and twoooo pieces of cake :O oops! But they were TINY pieces- rectangular slithers- so the two were less than one normal sized piece of cake in my opinion :p they were the height of a normal slice of cake but only an inch wide by half an inch think- couldn't even stand up they were so skinny! Anyway- that's all I had! And I had 40+ sins saved up, so I think that probably covers what I had today. My weekly syns reset on Monday's so am going to wipe the slate at there.
Think I did OK really, I totally could have scoffed more of that cake and was sat right next to it for 3 hours :p G had about 6 slices!! That was also my dinner (I guess) and had a banana before that I bought on the way to the reception. Other than that I had a muller light when I got in.

Had a sneaky WI this morn because I figured Mon morn I might have pigged out- it was a STS, starting to see a pattern here- two weeks of good losses, two weeks of crap (either side of * week)

Awww thank you hun
We keep all types really
Lizards, snakes....spiders
exotic frogs you name it....we have it lol

I looove lizards and spiders :D growing up I had a sandpit that my mum built in the garden- it rained a month later and became a pond and every summer we'd get frogspawn/tadpoles/baby frogs and it was awesome!! Loved those tiny froggies :D

Well done at the christening! Will power around cake is hard to come by ;) Esp when you have a boyfriend eating more of it than you lol.
I bet you felt really good in your dress :D I hate the sitting down/rolls thing. Very unfair of our bodies and clothes to do that.

Very cool about your collection Mumma K! I used to work with exotics and I miss them so much. The only non fluffy I have is an albino African clawed frog :) xx

Yeah- this time last year I'd have had 10 pieces of cake and napkin'd some for later :D
I lost 4 pounds last week so can't complain. I have polycystic ovaries so my periods last ages/really effect me either side (usually a whole week of feeling low energy and starving leading up to the damn thing!) and that's probably to do with the slow weeks. I'm bored of trying to work it all out :p lol. I did a week of loads of red days and exercise and put on a pound- that's when I decided that I was putting in too much effort and just needed to go with the flow a bit! No need to overcomplicate things so early on.

Thanks for the encouragement :) it's really nice to have people to talk to on here!

OMG OMG OMG!

I decided to WI anyway this morning (after my cheeky possibly-pre-binge WI yesterday showing a STS), so the wii has my record for each monday (and thurs) and I've lost 2 POUNDS!! That means 2 stone award and CLUB 10, BABY!!! Yesss!
Just shows, should not have off plan WI's :p and (excuse the grossness) the power of a morning dump- LOL. ;)

Psyched for club 10, yippeee!

Well done Tetris!

*dances around with happiness

:D thanks Wii! My sig looks so colourful with the extra stickers, yay!
My target is to lose exactly 100 pounds so I'm over 1/4 of the way through now, awesome :) I really look forward to the next half stone though, hopefully will start seeing more differences then :rolleyes: still felt the fat roll in my dress yesterday- think the leggings help shape it and I wasn't wearing them while trying it on the night before *sigh* ah well! Still felt hot :p

Back