Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

That's fantastic news :D Congrats on you new shinies!!!! So happy for you.xx

Thanks guys :D finally can stop saying "I've lost NEARLY 2 stone" and can say "2 stone! 2 STONE! YEAH."

Green today:

_____

Breakfast: Banana

Lunch: Banana (while it cooked as I was starving), spaghetti with cheese (2 x HexA) a chicken herta frankfurter (3.5 syns on Green), the last of my sugar snap peas (finished the huge bowl I got from the market for £1! Aww yeah!) and a spinach salad on the side with a bit of light salad cream (1 syn) and a muller light for desert.

Dinner: Potato pancake (carrot, potato, onion) cooked in HexB olive oil, scrambled eggs, ketchup (1 syn) and some spinach on the side.

Snacks: New York Cheesecake muller light (1 syn), Special special chewy delight :p (hexB)

Today's syns: 6.5 (so far)

Weekly syns saved: 8.5

_____

I completed my challenge of 210 mins exercise a week/30 mins a day for a month- but have been pretty lazy since :/ really wasn't in the mood to exercise all weekend. Think I need to mix things up and go for a bike ride or something since it's not rainy/snowy at the moment! I did have a good wrestle with G today, we have more fun wrestling/play fighting than cuddling these days LOL... Until the Chinese burns start happening :S but anyway, that was a pretty strength building exercise so I think that counts as 10 mins of exercise lol :p

x

Thanks Mumma K! :D

Had a celebratory (not really :p just a treat) harvester lunch today.

EE day:
________

B- banana, muller light

L- 2 bowls of SF salad bar with red devil dressing (3 syns for a ladle)
Flame grilled chicken breast with a plain jacket potato (was so nice with just salt and pepper :O how comes mine are always dry and that was so soft and fluffy? Apparently the skin was sprayed with olive oil beforehand so will give that a syn, since only sprayed...) and JD sauce (5 syns- mmm!)

Jealously watched G eat the full rack of ribs which are so awesome here! :p but I still got the sauce ^^

D- Made paella (my first attempt!) with prawns and extra lean pork mince (found some that is free at Sainsbury's and it was reduced because it needed eating today, woop), lots of superfree thrown in (two onions, passata, red pepper) and on top put a half pepper stuffed with the pork and topped in hexA of light mozzerella which I grilled. It was waaay too much, couldn't eat about a third of it :p but it was quite yummy! Also used half HexB of olive oil (1 tbspn in the whole thing) but dooo fancy a special K chewy delight, so will syn half of that- 2.5.

Snacks: Um... Nothing :S haven't had any snacks today- weird!

Syns total today: 12
Weekly syns saved: 20.5

________

Last edited:
Hmmm wish we had a harvester near us, it sounds lovely :) x

That's a shame! They really are fab- there is a salad bar that you get unlimited supply of (as long as you're having a main meal) which is fab for SW, and they have quite a few free options.

Thanks Mumma K! :D

Had a celebratory (not really :p just a treat) harvester lunch today.

B- banana, muller light

L- 2 bowls of SF salad bar with red devil dressing (3 syns for a ladle)
Flame grilled chicken breast with a plain jacket potato (was so nice with just salt and pepper :O how comes mine are always dry and that was so soft and fluffy?) and JD sauce (5 syns- mmm!)

Jealously watched G eat the full rack of ribs which are so awesome here! :p but I still got the sauce ^^

Ooh that sounds awesome
Red devil dressing you say.....yum

Ooh that sounds awesome
Red devil dressing you say.....yum

Yes! Have you had it? I've been looking for somewhere to buy/get a recipe for it but no such luck. It's so sweet and I loveee sweet sauces :p and at 60cal a ladle, why not?!

Lots of snacking today! But good SF snacking :p I can't help myself at the cinema, it's just habit that I want to keep feeding my mouth :p but I'm glad we've got this fruit and veg market near by that we always go to before the cinema to stock up on superfree- meaning I have it all fresh and ready to snack on throughout the film(s) :D

_______

My mid week WI is tomorrow so had a RED day today to try and boost things hopefully!

Breakfast: Banana chopped into yoghurt with a kiwi and blueberries and some maple syrup (1 syn)

Lunch: Beef burgers with HexA x2 melted cheddar on top with ketchup (1 syn), asparagus and a side salad (rocket/spinach) with light salad cream (1 syn)

Cinema snacks: a huge box of red grapes (2 boxes for £1.20, woohoo!), banana, special K chewy delight (HexB1), satsuma, velvet crunch (4 syns)

Dinner: Leftover burger with cheese (from earlier HexA) with ketchup (1 syn), salad with Balsamic Glaze (1 syn) and honey (1 syn)

Desert: WW Desert style yoghurt - Caramel & Apple tart (anyone know the syns? Can't find them online- bought a load of WW desert style yogs 'cause I saw they were low syns on the yoghurt thread but didn't realise these are too new to be on that- nor anywhere by the looks of things :S!) about to have another Chewy D as 2nd HexB too ;)

Total syns today: 10 (wow, the small ones add up, huh?!)
Weekly syns saved: 25.5

________

Cinema critique time! Arbitrage 4/10

Low rating from me because of the WORST ending of any film ever! (no spoilers, don't worry)
It just... ends! Randomly! It just stops, right in the middle of this complex situation, the screen goes black and the credits roll! Whaaat?! It seriously was like the writer couldn't be bothered to finish it so just cut to black- have never felt so cheated out of an ending :/
Anyway, until then it was pretty good- I love Richard Gere, he's got such a spark to him (especially love him in Chicago!) and he was pretty good in this too. The film really built up this tangled situation the protagonist had gotten into with illegal financial pursuits followed by an accidental crime... It was all very tense and I wanted to know what twist they'd throw in, but the twist ended up being that they cut the 20 minute conclusion completely out. :/
They gave clues of course as to how it WOULD end, but it was all left a bit confusing...
Anyway, sigh :p another film rant over for now!
_______

In other news, was thinking of purchasing this digital kitchen scale: http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/national-deal/James-Russell/18589032 as my current (non digital) scale seems to change it's mind about the weight of things if I move the plate about :/ I sort of think I'm getting my healthy extra measurements totally wrong. Also it is hard to tell for small measurements so I feel the accuracy is poor. Do you think this one looks alright? I've had two scales now that both sucked because they were cheap, but this one is reduced from quite pricey through groupon!

x

Last edited:
Oh my word lol

I saw the film yesterday afternoon
and thought exactly the same and it was such a darn shame
because other than the ending finishing like that
It was a good film...
Do you think it was left open like that to leave you the viewer
to make up your own mind would he sign it ? Would he not ?
or perhaps a sequel

Re: Sophie's Slimming World and cinema critiques

Haha, I'm glad you agree! I guess they were leaving us to determin our own ending. G thought that tje last scene determined he would sign and be free but I didnt think the signing would be enough to save him. Who knows! I was baffled. I bet a lot of people found that the downfall!

Mid week WI today and STS, though bmi changed by -0.03 so guess it was just less than a pound as wii doesnt show in half pounds etc. Not disappointed because I feel bloated this morning so wxpected it. I like having two WI's a week because otherwise I'd feel I'd blown it for the week and be let down- but WI's excite me at the moment!
2lbs loss at start week WI so can stay positive about that!

Found out my local gym, an expensive Virgin Active, are offering a free day pass now. I was going to just book a month and try it, but it's like £80 a month so it's not a cheap risk! Not so much that I need to try Virgin Active- just gym equipment in general! I've no idea how I'd get on with it or if I'd hate it. I hope I enjoy it! It is about a 5 min walk away where all other gyms would need busses to, it also has a pool so I could swim which I love to do. The real question is if I'd actually go or be a lazy bum like I am now!

Kinda screwed up the choice of today- should have done green but did EE and missed out on the double HEX's I would have enjoyed today... Ah well, learnt my lesson about using my only HexB for breakfast :p too much of a gamble for me!

_________

EE

B: banana followed by a banana chopped into plain instant porridge pot (HexB +2 syns for the extra porridge in it), maple syrup (1 syn)

L: Some spoonfuls of leftover pork paella from a couple of days ago + a pasta salad with spinach, rocket, sugar snap peas, bacon (fat removed before cooking), tomatoes and light salad cream (2 syns as had quite a bit)

D: Potato pancake (potato, carrot, onion) cooked in half a tablespoon of olive oil (3 syns) with pasta, scrambled eggs, sugar snap peas, bacon, hexA cheese and ketchup (2 syns worth)

Snacks: grapes, strawberries, WW yogs

Syns today: 10
Weekly syns saved: 30.5

_________

Going to a party tomorrow night so am glad I have some sins saved for some drinks. Haven't had a lick of alcohol since I started SW in December (ok, apart from a couple of drinks on xmas day) I wonder how much vodka 30 syns buys me... :p

x

Haha, I'm glad you agree! I guess they were leaving us to determin our own ending. G thought that tje last scene determined he would sign and be free but I didnt think the signing would be enough to save him. Who knows! I was baffled. I bet a lot of people found that the downfall!

Mid week WI today and STS, though bmi changed by -0.03 so guess it was just less than a pound as wii doesnt show in half pounds etc. Not disappointed because I feel bloated this morning so wxpected it. I like having two WI's a week because otherwise I'd feel I'd blown it for the week and be let down- but WI's excite me at the moment!
2lbs loss at start week WI so can stay positive about that!

Found out my local gym, an expensive Virgin Active, are offering a free day pass now. I was going to just book a month and try it, but it's like £80 a month so it's not a cheap risk! Not so much that I need to try Virgin Active- just gym equipment in general! I've no idea how I'd get on with it or if I'd hate it. I hope I enjoy it! It is about a 5 min walk away where all other gyms would need busses to, it also has a pool so I could swim which I love to do. The real question is if I'd actually go or be a lazy bum like I am now!

Ummmm I know if it were me
I'd find excuses not to go
£80 a month is a shocking price to pay

Yeah, I know :/ it sucks though because all of the gyms around me are expensive- some of them are half that price but what they have to offer is terrible. I think I'd use the classes and pool more than the equipment... And I can't imagine taking a bus to go to the gym (would add an extra £3 per time I went to the gym for return busses so that easily racks up the price!), so not sure there's any point is signing up for ones that are far away. Sigh!

£80 a month?! Dear Lord!! I'm not a gym goer at all. When my joints aren't being old lady joints I much prefer to run with Dave, walk with Ellie, swim, do karate etc. Can't imagine the gym is for me. And it's so much money! But if you think you would use it enough to cover that amount then give it a go :) The extra expense of buses is a pain too :( x

Back