Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

I didn't even know they did them Tetris, I tend to buy Babybel Extra Light. Good to see you're viewing the whole picture rather than one snapshot if you'll excuse the chronic analogy. Any loss is better than a sts or a gain. You are doing really really well so please don't be discouraged!

P.S. Nice pics btw.

Ah, I love cheese strings because they take ten minutes to eat which fills a noshing craving! babybells don't taste as good to me either, must be all the E numbers pumped into the cheese strings :p

It's my dad and brother's bday this weekend so there will be lots of synful stuff happening. We're having a lunch at my dad's golf club and he wanted orders from a set menu before we got there, so I ordered:

Homemade Smoked Bacon, Chicken Liver Paté with Onion Marmalade (G can have most of the Paté)

Roast Sirloin of Beef with Fresh Horseradish, Served with Yorkshire pudding
(not sure I like horseradish but recon it'll be on the side (I hope)

Warm Chocolate Brownie with Vanilla pod ice cream
(I'm not skimping out on this! Unless it's a real let down...)

Any idea how many syns I should save for the roast beef? I want that yorkshire pud, too.
Anyway, the following day we'll be having a take out for my bro's bday, so will probably have what I had last week- Sweet & sour chicken (8 syns) with boiled rice, so will stay within syns that day and save up some for the Sunday roast. Another problematic thing is that I'll be staying at my dad's the night before (still not telling them I'm doing SW) but guess I can pack a porridge pouch or sneak some FF yog into the fridge... As for dinner, will be babysitting my sisters so... Might just bring a mugshot and some bits like that.

Today's food- Green
________

B: Potato pancake (carrot, onion, potato) in HexB olive oil with scrambled eggs and ketchup (1 syn)

L: Couscous with carrots, cherry tomatoes, mixed beans (speed) - didn't have much as it wasn't great and we were in a rush to catch a film, though big breakfast kept me going anyway!

Cinema snacks: velvet crunch (4 syns), banana, lots of NAS squash.

Dinner: Muspicy tomato, huge fruit salad of strawberries and mangos bought uber cheap at the market, Mugshot (spicy tomato) as I was coooold.

Syns so far: 5. Will probably have something else though... Bought some wholemeal rolls so might make cheese on toast with them as still have a hexB and 2xHexAs left.

Syns saved: 12.5
________

Cinema critique: Hansel & Gretel: Witch hunters 8/10

This was really fun! Crazy (creative) gore scenes, actually used 3D to their advantage for once so things were flying at us throughout which was great! Usually hate 3D because this is what I expect but never get- so that was awesome. The story was cool too, they start off with the classic tail as a prologue then continue the story of the adult (and quite beautiful) Hansel and Gretel who fight witches professionally. It was pretty fab, very dark with squeamish gore at parts, but in a kind of humorous way. We were both baring big grins when it finished! Definitely not a kids film (though I bet teenagers love it for the copious amounts of creative, gnarly deaths in it)
Also it had likeable characters and a lovely short film (less than 1.5 hours- didn't check my watch once as it was entertaining throughout) am so bored of 3 hour films recently! Anyway, check it out! It was much better than the recent Snow White adaptations. Interesting to see how many of these old fairytales are being brought back this past year :S Wiz of Oz is currently out and Jack and the Beanstalk comes out soon! This one was beautifully set up for a sequel so hope it happens.
Are you guys planning on seeing any of these current fairytale remakes? (or have you already? What did you think?)

x

Looking good on the food and planning front Tetris!

Meant to see Snow White & the Huntsman but didn't get round to it, was it any good? I'm not keen on Kristen Stewart tbh.

My daughters saw Oz the Great and Powerful at the weekend and didn't seem overly impressed. I quite like the sound of that Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters though.

I like Kristen Stewart outside of Twilight, but Snow White and the huntsmen wasnt great. Mirror mirror was silly, they all broke out into a bollywood dance at the end- whaaat? Haha

I have a feeling Oz will be a let down but it has a great cast so I want to check it out! There's a lot on I want to see at the moment!

Hey matey!!! Bloody hell you've had a difficult week and a bit. Are you ok? Lots going on for you and sounds really stressful :(
Your pics are beautiful btw! No picking on mine for being rubbish ;) I do at least try to take good photo's. My friend is terrible at photography, so relinquishing control of the camera when I forgot mine (idiot!) or she borrowed mine was painful. I'm not overly artistic, but I do like photography. But she is aaaaawful at it :whistle:

I really want to see Hansel and Gretel. Hope it's still showing at my Cineworld. Not been to see a film in 2 weeks!!! Did watch a couple on my Nexus while I was away, but spent most of the time way too tired to watch or read anything.

Well done on the loss, even if it was a disappointment. Fingers crossed for next week for you :D

Really hope you're ok and thanks for the FB posts.xx

Hey Kelly, nice to see you back on here :) I'm OK, just very up and down at the moment (borderline is playing up) but feeling good today. Just went to the Comedy store and HMV's closing down sale at the massive one in Picadilly Circus so that was fun, everything was 50-80% off and they were selling sh*t like chairs, store CD racks and security cameras- lol!
Have to make this a quick entry as we were about to go to bed. I pitched to G the idea of reading every night for an hour ish, side by side in bed. I wish I read more but always forget until it's bedtime, and I really enjoy reading in someone's company as they read. Also- he NEVER reads, and well read people have always been the most attractive to me, so I'm starting him off with Animal Farm as it's not a long book so shouldn't be so daunting. He reads magazines and stuff but never fiction, but is open to this idea. Hopefully it'll be sort of healing time and give us stuff to discuss outside of me ripping him to shreds constantly (honestly, if I were him I'd have left this relationship ages ago- just one of the comments I say to him of the numerous picks each day would have me crying :/ I really suck)
Thanks for the pic comment :) I trust you are better than your friend ;) hehe. I never judge people's pictures on social networking sites- half of the ones I put up are phone pics of the cat that look like crap anyway :D

Food today, before I forget.

______

RED day:

B: Mango, kiwis and yogurt (with Splenda)
L: Home made hamburgers with 3 onions between two of us, sugar snap peas (super free/speed) and a 70g wholemeal bun - really yummy! From the Sainsbury's so organic range and they were cheap as best before was on the day- but they still tasted fresh today a day later (HexB1 +1 syn as hexB should only be 60g) with 30g cheddar (hexA1) and ketchup (1 syn) with a desert of strawberries, SF jelly x2 (1 syn) and light whipped cream (.5)
D: Leftover burgers without the buns with salad (+ salad cream light 1 syn)- later had hexB2 wholemeal roll with cheese (HexA2) and Pickle (1 syn)

Snacks: none? :S really... Oh, I did have a tablespoon portion (1 syn) of this marshmallow fluff stuff, really nice :D and 20cal for a tablespoon! We got it from Sainsbury's and apparently it's nice on toast (G disagrees) but just tea-spooned it from the jar which made a nice treat.

Syns: 6.5
Saved: 21
______

Saving syns for this weekend. WI tomorrow, feel less bloated this week but still expect nothing. Still no period. Am HOPING that the tiny bit of discharge I got at appropriate time was it- maybe it was just an uber light one like the ones I used to have before I went on the pill which I came off in the summer. If so, I'm probably due on next week... Better crack out another preggers test soon just in case the other one last week lied to me or something ;( scary. Argh. Have been really hormonal so I'm fearing the worst still.

Hopefully a decent loss tomorrow might perk me up, but I'm prepared for another STS.

Last edited:
Bloody hell. Was panicking in bed so decided to try another pregnancy test which was nice and positive again [EDIT: NEGATIVE! Lol, massive typo!). It doesn't feel right though... My body feels so hormonal, my nipples are REALLY sore, I haven't had a proper period in 7 weeks and we didn't have proper unprotected sex but we'd been naughty with the foreplay and not being too careful- and then the blooming condom broke!
Anyway, I need to calm down. There is such a minuscule chance of getting pregnant from pre-cum and I took the morning after pill within a few hours of the condom breaking, so I just need to relax. 6 months ago this would have excited me :S but I was in a weird place. Now I just want to feel safe and un-pregnant. I want to get slim for the first time in my life, I want to travel, I want to work out my relationship issues rather than being stuck with a child in an unhealthy relationship. I will feel so relieved when I finally get my period, a new perspective on how I need to act up and get my future into gear!
Still feel sick with nerves but before I was literally shaking too, so it's an improvement. *yawn* goodnight x

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you meant that the pregnancy test was negative?? Right?! Hope you manage to relax a bit and get some sleep. It really does sound like you're at an exceptionally low risk of being pregnant. It's a horrible thing to go through! I've taken the morning after pill twice and it's a horrible waiting game. I don't trust condoms now and would always be on the injection or some other form of hormonal contraception. PCOS has a big impact on contraceptive choices doesn't it?

Good idea about you guys reading together :D x

OMG can't believe I made that typo ROFL. I guess I was feeling POSITIVE about the NEGATIVE result, so switched them up in my head! Hahahaha...!

Yeah, it's my second time taking the morning after pill too but the first time was crazily low chance of conception anyway, but was a precaution. This time I was already worried I was pregnant, so then the condom breaking was just nasty on top of that!
But yeah, I haven't thought about it today so guess I have calmed down a lot!
I've totally given up on the contraceptive pill because of PCOS, I tried about 5 different pills for a few months each and they all gave me horrific side effects- intense pain, 0 libido, pangs of starvation where I'd get absolutely hysterical with about 2 minutes of warning before I was practically crying with hunger pain (that was really f*cking annoying!), pain when having sex, sexual fluids basically stopped making sex really uncomfortable as well as the pains- sorry for all the detail but it was just horrible! After a year of all that we went back to condoms and it has been so much easier since, bar this episode and getting a bit lazy about protection during foreplay (which after this scare will NEVER happen again, believe me!)

WI this morn- lost 1 pound. At first I was like "meh." and then I realised that actually I'm down to 18st 1lb and this time last week I was 18st 4lbs so I've lost 3 pounds in total- which is much better! I guess after a couple of lousy weeks I kinda forgot that when I WI twice a week I have to add them together for the real weekly result. Anyway, 3 pounds is an improvement on last week! Can't wait to be in the 17's soon!

Food today: Green
______

B: A banana, scrambled eggs on HexB wholemeal roll (+1 syn for size of it, + 1 syn for ketchup) and a whole juicy mango straight off the pip. The market the other day gave me about 8 mangos and 4 boxes of strawberries for £3!! They were just closing and throwing all sorts of deals at me, it was fab!

L: Potato pancake (a potato, onion and carrot), pasta, mixed beans (kidney beans, etc- super speed food!) and sugar snap peas and HexA1 cheese. Pic below:
20130321_165745.jpg

huge plate of food I know, but I was so hungry and the pancake below was 2/3rds super free :D have been trying to have more beans for the super speed element- having about a tin of them a week spread between 4 or so meals.

Potato pancake is my absolute fave meal at the moment- it's SO satisfying! I really urge you all to try it out on a Green or EE day (or Red if using the spud as a HexB)! Recipe below.

D: Uncle Bens Mexican Bean rice (2.5 syns) with sugar snap peas, grated carrot, mixed beans and tomato puree all thrown in and topped with HexA2 cheddar.

Snacks: SF Jelly (1/2 syn)

Drinks: Lilt zero, two litres of NAS squash and two cups of green tea (after my friend telling me how it does wonders for her weight loss and then reading up about how awesome it is for you in so many ways- I'm trying to get two cups in a day! I disliked the taste for the first couple of cups but as I get the sweetner balance right it is growing on me!)

Total syns: 5
Syns saved: 31
______

RECIPE: Potato pancakes/Lutke's! (Sweet or savoury options!)

SYN FREE (though uses HexB tbspn olive oil
Prep time: ~7 mins for grating/mixing
Fry time: 10 mins.
Full up time: ALL DAY.
Ingredients (for 1 serving): 1 small-med sized potato, 1 medium carrot (optional, but doesn't effect taste and adds super free!), small-medium red/white onion, 1 egg (to bind- finished meal does not taste at all eggy), optional: worchester sauce/various types of seasoning go well. I love Maggi and Aromat on it for savoury or honey and cinnamon for sweet, topped with chopped banana.

Prep: Grate the onion (be careful to only chop off one end before grating- if you chop both or chop it in half it is a nightmare to grate!), grate the washed potato and carrot (I keep skin on because I can't be bothered to peel- doesn't affect the taste!) squeeze the juice of them all out with your hands (helps it stick together and fry better) then mix with a beaten egg and season.

Cook: Pop it all into a frying pan with HexB tbspn olive oil already heated (really can't stress how much nicer it is with olive oil- this is the one thing I've found so far where frylight just doesn't do it!) and squish it down flat to cover the bottom of the pan. Let it fry for about 4-5 minutes each side on high temp, use a spatula to stop it from sticking (fairly good non stick pan is essential) and shake the pan so that it slips about in the oil rather then sticking- then cover with a plate and flip it over, slide it back into the pan to fry the other side. It should stick together decently if you've fried it long enough and go a nice golden brown colour like in my pic- if not, it might need a bit longer. Sometimes it does break up a bit but it still tastes great!

I just LOVE having this with scrambled eggs, really fixes my craving for the toast I usually have with it, and it's an easy way to get superfree into a dish :)! You can make this sweet or savory- add honey, fruit and cinnamon for sweet or ketchup, eggs or pasta for savoury! I always have it for breakfast with eggs before I have a long day of shooting as it gives me a lot of energy!
______

Today has been very productive! I only watched about half an hour of tv which feels great. I hate tv. I just like it on in the background but it gives me the excuse to bum about on my laptop.

First we spent a good couple of hours sorting through stuff in the bedroom- we have SO many clothes it's insane. G has filled the space beneath our super king sized bed with bags of his old clothes (as well as some other stuff) which I at first assumed must just be seasonal clothes- but it's been a year and he hasn't touched them! So I went through ALL of my clothes and really narrowed down the stuff I never wear, and he went through all of his too and there was a 4ft pile of clothes he was throwing away- nearly killed the cat when it fell over :p lol!
Felt great to clear out stuff though, but I suddenly was hungry for lunch about 3/4 of the way through and then afterwards we realised the film we were going to catch meant we had to leave pretty soon, so I dread going up to bed now- it'll be a tip up there all semi sorted out in chaotic piles!
On a bad note- FRIGGING MOTH COCOONS IN MY CLOTHES!! NOOOO! Where are all these moths coming from :'(!?!?!?! There was a live catapillar on one of my clothes! In a draw of stuff I hadn't been into for a couple of months. WHY is this happening!? So I washed the whole draw of stuff, which is a pain, but I felt all gross and itchy again too. Caterpillars that look like maggots... in my clothes...

Anyway, after the film (Guilt Trip with Barbra Streisand and Seth Rogen- not going to do a proper crit as it wasn't great, more of a drama than a comedy and the comic side of it was just awkward and uncomfortable) I went home while G went to see the new Die Hard film (I was tired and not in the mood). When I got home I had some green tea and sat and had a nice quiet introverted half an hour of reflection with just instrumental calm/surreal music on in the background, and it was so great and I felt so inspired and rejuvenated! Then I suddenly felt the desire to have a nicer surrounding so spent 2 hours tidying and decorating the lounge- ha! The surprise G had when he got home... To see that his messy girlfriend had organised, tidied and hoovered the lounge and made an art gallery of one of the walls! I pinned up a load of my paintings- I'm a terrible artist, despite the fact that I went to art school, but I really love the process involved with painting- the texture, the colours, the mess of it. So I chose my favourite colourful pieces and put about ten of them all on one wall and it really brightens the room up- makes it feel more homey and cosy. I also moved some stuff around which feels good- small things like reorganising how wires are working so that they're not cluttering the middle of the room, moved the arm chair a bit, etc. Feels great now! Can't wait to have my mum and bro over on Monday as my mum always gushes about how much she loves my art- she hasn't seen the photography gallery in the hall either :p I'll take some pics tomorrow when it's light!
Haven't seen my mum for around 6 months apart from a quick hug on xmas day when she dropped my brother over to my dads... Which makes me sad. But she lives by the coast now so it's a 3 hour journey and she chain smokes in her house which sets off my asthma, so I can't really go over there and stay.

Anyway, productive day- feeling good! Tomorrow we'll sort out the rest of the clothes and make upstairs look nice! (it hasn't seen the hoover in a while!)

x

Last edited:
Hahaha I did think it was a typo but I did do a little *gasp* I hate the pill too. Can only really have progesterone only and the two pills I tried were horrific! So back to the injection for me. I have considered the implant, but still thinking it over. Maybe if I was in a relationship I'd do that, but for now the injection suits me well enough. I know obv you wouldn't think of that coz, well, it's an injection! You're braver than me trusting condoms, I really hate them! But when you have no choice I guess you get pretty good at using them lol.

Sounds like you've had a fantastic day! Much more productive than me. I'm still zoned out with a horrible headache eating and drinking everything in sight!!! I did tidy my room last night and finally put my birthday presents away! My giant suitcase is still in the hall, but I didn't have enough floor space to move it upstairs. A lot of stuff had been dumped in my room while I was away :rolleyes: I'm feeling the need for a big clear out, de clutter, and possibly putting a few things in the loft. My room is far too cluttered and dusty. Would like it to be a bit nicer! I have some lovely things in my room, but they're drowned out by the tonnes of crap surrounding them lol.

I bet G was really surprised? Can't wait to see the pics! Enjoy your Mum's reaction too :D x

Ah, I'm the WORST at unpacking- if it were me that suitcase would be there for weeks :p when I got back from Dubai on new years eve the bag stayed in our corridor for about a month :| lol!

The phone pic of the art wall looks so crap, will take a better one tomorrow!

Ha, am never going near the contraceptive injection. I'm used to condoms, G is very careful and we hadn't had problems with them apart from that time. They don't bother me too much I guess, but going to the doctor every month for injections would annoy me- our Dr has us waiting ages each time and I just can't be botherrred :p and obviously the massive needle phobia :D

Today has been a really lazy day. We're going to bed super late to 'train' our body clocks for this big night film shoot on Tuesday, we're shooting until 3am which doesn't sound that bad, but it's an hour's drive home too and the camera work is really physically exhausting. Plus it sounds like there's a decent chance that it'll overrun quite a bit. So we're going to bed at 3am so that G doesn't crash the car on the way home :p however we both woke up at 9am!! NOOO! But them we fooled around for an hour and went back to sleep and I didn't wake up until 1pm! Have been so slobbish today- G was inspired by my tidying up and went on a cleaning spree :| he cleaned the bathroom! And that bathroom NEVER gets cleaned! He also cleaned up the gross kitchen floor around the bin and stuff! I've just spent all day watching tv :( but once I've written this I'm going to go upstairs and finish that damn clothes sorting project then we're going to start our reading, which hasn't happened yet either.
RIGHT. TIME TO GET TO IT!

Quick food diary! Just got back from seeing Stoker which was awesome! Will write a review for that tomorrow.

Red today:
_____

B: Yoghurt, mango, kiwi, banana, splenda
L: Steak, onions, salad, honey (for dressing- 2 syns)
D: Bacon salad with hexA1 cheese, 2 chicken frankfurters (5 syns), scrambled eggs and ketchup (1 syn)
Snack at cinema: Muller light
Drinks: 2x Green tea with splenda, 2x Lilt zero (it is so nice! Just like the full sugar Lilt!), 1.5L NAS squash

Syns: 8
Saved: 39
_____

Last edited:
Well my case is still in the hall. I'll do another load of washing from it before I drag it up the stairs. Some stuff I didn't wear and some things, like my ski pants, only got a couple of uses but will prob have to wait till summer to dry. We have no heating or tumble dryer, so they'd be a nightmare to wash now. Will see how it goes and just wash important things for now like undies :p

I assumed your needle phobia would keep you away from the contraceptive injection. Although remember me telling you my sister has it and she has a horrible injection phobia (not needles)? And, it's every 3 months ;) But everyone finds their own favourite method. I'm sure there's plenty of people who're like you and G and are happy to use condoms. But I personally don't trust them and not had reliable experiences with them.
Anyway, I'm glad you've calmed down and it sounds like you're much happier at the moment :)

Lazy days are good! And you've had a good run of productive days. So don't be too hard on yourself. I was fed up with the kitchen yesterday so tidied and cleaned it, put stuff away, did all the dishes, etc... Why can't anyone else empty the recycling bin or put tupperware away?!! *rage*! lol

Oooh what's your film shoot? Can you talk about the projects you work on?x

The film shoot is re-shoots and pick ups for a feature film I shot last year; they've re-written a couple of the scenes so we're re-shooting. One of them it's the 3rd re-write! We've shot the darn pub scene twice already and this is the third night shoot for it (as it's impossible to get a pub location during the day time and they can't afford to close one especially for the shoot as they've used up the budget entirely)!
Forgot that we have to be up at noon tomorrow so our project 4am-2pm sleeping hours gets screwed with a bit (yeah, I literally need 10 hours of sleep to function these days :p)
Will have to keep this quick as AGAIN we are going to attempt this reading idea, which still hasn't happened yet lol!
Have been getting creative today and made my dad a huge birthday card thing, except it's more like a funky sign that says 'DAD' at the moment, will have to make it into a card tomorrow when it's dry and I'm rushing around with my bro arriving etc- probably is going to end up staying the banner :p but it looks cool! (if I remember to take a pic I'll upload it here, but that's obviously gone to shits this week with the other pic promises!)
Condoms have always worked for me, I've never had issues until the other week out of 9 months of constant use recently, so I trust them! And it was partly G's fault it ripped but I won't go into details.

Tried another Red day today, 3rd this week so hopefully that'll counteract tomorrow/Monday's treat meals. Will WI tomorrow morning to get an idea of how RED worked for me before I ruin it though :p
______

B: Banana, yoghurt, kiwis
L: Chicken marinated in Nandos Peri-Peri hot sauce (think it's 2.5 syns) on a salad bed with rocket, spinach and tomatoes and a balsamic drizzle (1 syn) and honey (3 syns) dressing (some honey on the chicken as it cooked too) also had hexB1 wholemeal roll (+1 syn) with HexA cheese and pickle (1/2 syn)
D: Tried to make mashed cauliflower but it didn't cook properly in the microwave because I put the whole thing in instead of half for once. Damn it! I tried to blend it when it wasn't fully cooked and then it tasted gross and I just gave up on it and had another hexB wholemeal roll (+1 syn) with HexA cheese and pickle (1/2 syn)
Snacks: 2 activa lights, SF jelly (1/2 syn) and a small Milkyway (5 syns)
Drinks: 2 x cranberry green tea with splenda, Icy Lemon Fanta Zero, 1L NAS squash

Syns total: 15 (sheesh, didn't feel like it as I didn't even have a proper dinner)
Syns saved: 39 (all of which I'm going to 'cancel out' on Dad's birthday lunch tomorrow with free foods only either side. Monday Chinese take away but will only be using 10 syns on that!
______

Sophie, congratulations on all you've achieved so far! I spent a loooooong time reading this whole thread haha. I know you said you are a writer at heart, have you considered publishing a version of your weight loss diary for real? I'd definitely buy it! You come across so genuinely in your writing and that is truly difficult.
Also I love your film critiques you really do have an awesome job! I loved Django but totally agree with what everyone said and don't know about you but I thought Tartantino's acting was absolutely awful!! Your recipes look amazing and I'll be cooking potato cake tomorrow. You've also inspired me to get out the xbox kinect and do some exercise in the living room I've seriously been avoiding the gym!! Can't believe I've only just discovered Minimins properly, everyone is so helpful :)

Vicky- your comment has made my day! That is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me and I'm absolutely flattered that you think I should publish this! I can't believe you read the whole lot and don't hate my guts- I'm such a whinger! haha. But thank you :D I hope I can publish something one day but hopefully something a bit more dignified than this diary :D hope you'll stick around and share your stories with us as I love minimins for this!!

I do feel like a bit of a hypocrite though as I went on and on about the Wii fitness games and haven't been on it in about a month :O needless to say, it's been a slower month than last!

__

Emma B - I actually find I get most inspired in the middle of the night but unfortunately feel like it's too late to act on it, so often don't! G has been struggling and needing lots of naps but I'm quite accustomed to late nights :p
I'm definitely feeling less bloated at the moment so maybe that's from the red days! Scales today said -1 since Thurs but will take a proper reading tomorrow so I have it recorded on my wii chart for both Mondays and Thursdays. Think today wasn't toooo bad:

EE - Dad's bday lunch:
________

B: Yog, banana, kiwiws

L:
Starter was paté which I had about a tablespoon of (~3 syns) with a really thin piece of toast (1 syn- it was wafer thin)

Main: Roast beef (cut all the fat off the side but guessing it was cooked in the fat so probably give it 5 syns or so for that and the gravy), 1 roast potato (probably 2 syns for fat? Not going to look up all these values as it would take all day so am just going to estimate!), a looooad of boiled carrots that were buttered, so probably 4 syns for butter. Yorkshire pudding (think they're around 4 syns?), a medium sized side helping of cauliflower cheese (OK, shouldn't have had that but tried some and it was SOOO good! Will give about 6 syns for that and count hexA cheese too)

Desert: half a brownie (SW book says 16 syns for a full big brownie so will count it as 8) with a tiny smidgen of ice cream (1) and then picked at a bit of birthday cake (3)
Drinks: Diet cokes and 3 green teas at home with sweetener.

Dinner: a banana (wasn't hungry luckily!)

Ok so if I tally all that up... 37 syns! HA! I had 39 syns saved so that's pretty close! I think I was generous with how I synned things there so hopefully I'm OK ;)

________

The day was pretty bland though, I was looking forward to seeing the family but it was all a bit meh (and my grandma was still on holiday) partly because I didn't get to sit on the same table as my 11 year old sister who I love to bits, but oh well. I did get to see my bro and sit next to him and he makes me laugh like no-one else! Hadn't seen him since xmas so that was nice, and will see him and my mum tomorrow for a night of Monopoly and Chinese! Haven't seen mum apart from a breif hug on xmas day in 7 or so months so am looking forward to that!
After lunch today the kids went tobogganing- the parents (my dad and aunt) were such idiots though as they encouraged them to go down the slope that had a stream at the bottom of it that my sister ended up getting drenched in! It was all icy too- such a bad idea! She didn't get full soaked but still, what example is that to set to kids? The other side of the slope would have been more fun too as they could keep going for longer before breaking! I told my dad how stupid he was but he was like "Look at the toboggan lines- others have been doing it on this side!" but what kind of example is that to set young kids? One of my sisters is 7 and the other kids were 9, 14, 5 and 2- not a good idea to get in any of their heads that playing near icy rivers is a good idea :S my dad is so silly sometimes... He wouldn't let my sister get facebook for ages because she was too young, yet let her pay to use a cartoon chat room where pedophiles hang out. He wouldn't let my brother play GTA when we were growing up (when he was a teenager!) but he let my 7 year old sister play it because "she didn't understand what she was doing" even though she was shouting "YEAH! IMMA KILL THE POILCE AND STEAL HIS CAR!" lol!? *facepalm*!

Have had a really weird evening tonight- have been Skype IM'ing with my ex who I hadn't spoken to since before xmas, but not in depth like this for... about a year? We used to (both before and after dating) text dozens of times a day and have really long phone calls, but we always fell out and G would be annoyed as I'd take it out on him (poor boy!) so after ages of not talking we've just spent like 4 hours IM'ing- it's been nice! But strange... Puts me back in the mindset of ages ago when I used to spend all day on skype messaging him. It was a long distance relationship so most of our relationship was through text!
Anyway, it's been sort of weird as for months I've barely thought about him and now it's as if we never stopped being friends... Strange!

Tetris tell me to mind my own business but... is G okay with you spending so time chatting with an ex? It's just that alarm bells rang when I read your last post... anyway...

Minimins is a great place to make friends and let of steam about stuff. I get where you're coming from re the Wii - mine is bust and oh is insisting on trying to take it apart and fix it "when he has time". I suspect we'll end up buying a new one though! I miss it!!!!

Btw, you sound far more sensible than your dad! :) (That's a compliment btw)

Back