Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Hope you haven't been kidnapped by Mickey Mouse....

Hi Minis! I'm baaaack :)

It was an awesome holiday! But I'm exhausted now :D not the kinda relaxing holiday where you laze about by the pool- we had a couple of break days but most days over the two weeks we were up early and on our feet all day. We went to all of the Disney places- Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood studios as well as Universal Studios, World of Adventures (Harry Potter world!), Sea World, etc- so awesome :D
Managed to find a balance with my easily tired dad and easily bored 7 year old sister- they all left early and we stayed on! The best day however was the day they left super early and we had a special expensive fast pass and jumped all the queues at Universal and World of Adventures- made it onto 20 rides that day! AMAZING!

I tried to be good food wise- started off reeeaaally good and slowly slipped as the days went by :p went to rainforest cafe twice and had this epic dish- grilled fish with this side of battered shrimp skewers, caribbean rice and a cheesy creamy scallop and prawn thing that was TO DIE FOR. I dare think how many syns :p but at least fish, right? And I had it twice! But I do feel pretty good at the fact that I was SURROUNDED by fast food stands and didn't succum once- didn't have one burger, portion of chips, churros, popcorn, whippy icecream, doughnut, cake etc!! I always went for decent options, only had bread once (well- a croissant) and opted for meat instead of baguettes/sandwiches and even avoided pasta. Had a few salads but I will admit there were a lot of times I passed on the salad for something meat based :p
Anyway, I felt pretty guilty before I wrote this but actually I think I did pretty well. I did have half a waffle on my birthday but :p C'mon! hehe.

HAVEN'T weighed in yet; I had a detox red day today (as I know flying messes with water levels/bloating etc) and am going to WI tomorrow if * week hasn't manifested yet. I'm due on any moment so at least that can be some comfort if the scales are horrific "PERIOD WEIGHT", but honestly- this is the first time I've really dreaded a WI knowing I've been naughty, so I'm nervous as hell. Epic holiday though so am glad I enjoyed it rather than stressing too much!

Just to top off that whole two weeks of nom we also had a chinese when we got home- had no food in and was STARVING (puny plane food breakfast, slept through lunch) so had sweet and sour chicken, noodles and rice. Didn't go crazy but obvs shouldn't have had it after two weeks of eating out constantly! :p

Every day at breakfast while away I had scrambled eggs from the omlette station (asked for the spray instead of the poured oil) with veg chopped in and a big bowl of fruit with a fat free yoghurt and some bran flakes, off to a good start each day at least. My family all had waffles, pancakes and bagels from the buffet, it was torture to watch! :p

Food today though:
___

B (2pm, jetlagged as hell) - Nat FF yog, fruit
L - Turkey meatballs (hexB1+2, Hexa1) on a bed of spinach
D - Scrambled eggs with an oinion and pepper chopped in, ketchup (+1)
S - Apple, banana, half a cookies and cream small kitkat (2.5)

Syns: 3
___

Have felt pretty depressed today- probably partly because I'm due on, but think just 'back to reality!' is a massive come down!
Hoping all the walking on this holiday (and made it to the gym 3 times! Pretty poor compared to my intentions, but still...) will have balanced out the food a bit, but fingers are crossed for only a small gain *gulp*
x

Hi Hun,
welcome back, nice to see you home again. Sounds like you've had the most amazing time.
I can't believe you resisted all the junk and even breakfast everyday! I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised when u get on the scales. And any gain will be amazing, and I'm sure you'll totally agree a couple of lb to lose again was worth such an amazing trip.
Why don't you plan a little day trip somewhere for you and G, then you both have something great to look forward to. Xx

I LOST 1LB!!! LOL?!? YAAAAY!
2 weeks of eating out 2-3 times a day! Must have been all that walking around the parks :D ooomg. I wasnt even THAT strict with myself. Now I feel like I can easily do SW for life; I can treat myself in moderation and do well. Awesome! So happy!

How are you Emma? Have to catch up with your diary soon. Thanks for the kind words :D

Thank you :D feels like a mad dream. Was stressing about food on that trip for weeks.

Welcome back mate! Sounds like you had an amazing time :D Will there be pics on FB?
And super well done on the loss!! I agree that SW can work even if you relax a little - esp if you are exercising. Just shows you it can be dine eh?! :)

Really made up for you.xx

Hello my lovely minis!

Sorry that I've been a bit M.I.A recently; I've been dreading getting back to work on an editing project and have literally avoided my laptop since I got back as a way of getting around that :S
I've done some quite productive procrastination though; sorting through and cleaning out a load of junk, organising my 'treasure box' of scrapbook bits, tidying the livingroom and bedroom (this only happens quarterly so was quite a big deal :p hehe) and we did a big drive down to see my mum by the sea and pick up our cat over the weekend which was nice; she said I look much slimmer :O she was really shocked :D have only seen her like 3 times last year and last time I saw her (just under two months ago) she said "Yeah... I can tell you've lost weight..." really vaguely (trying to be nice) but she said that this time she could see a huge difference- woohoo! The extra stone I lost as a mini target has mad a big difference- I've noticed in many ways actually, hurrah! Like my collar bones are really prominent now- never used to even see them! And when I'm on my back my tum looks so small and my pelvic bones are really jutting out- awesome! Obviously when I stand up they dissapear :p one day... haha
But yeah, I'm feeling really good at the moment about weight loss; in hol pictures I notice my body looks in proportion and usually just my arms bother me now :( they are so chunky still, ugh, and I've noticed them get flabbier as they shrink... bingo wings that never used to be there... Will weight lifting and stuff help this? I'm trying to moisturise and exfoliate my skin regularly to try and keep the skin cells replenishing and elasticated, but I'm thinking of getting the weights out again for when watching tv and stuff, try and tone them up...

Yesterday was with friends all day- scrapbooking in the afternoon and then out for shisha in the evening. We had a chinese for lunch (my usual 15 syns of Sweet and Sour chicken Hong Kong style and half a box of noodles) but then at the shisha place my friend ordered their epic carrot cake and icecream and ate it sooo slowly in front of me that I kept stealing some (mainly the ice cream) then ordered my own ice cream (which gladly she shared also!) - THEN when I got home at 1am Gerard reminded me it was WI day tomorrow- EEK! LOL had totally forgotten. Period came really late in the end and that + ice cream + chinese the day before PLUS a piss up on Friday last week, thought I'd probably be facing not such fun scales but got a -3!!! YES! I did do a nice lil' poop before WI which I was glad for though :D but yayyy! I'M IN THE 15'S NOW!! :D first time since I WAS 15. Woohoo!
15st12lbs, so think that makes me about a pound off of my 4.5 stone award... yippee!

Has been interesting this week going a bit easier on myself- not writing a food diary for the first time since starting SW in December, keeping a vague track on the low syn : high syn day ration but kinda taking it easy- and to a nice surprise on the scales :)
I did manage to have two red days at mum's (though had a bag of carrot sticks with half a tub of low fat sweet chilli houmous = about 10 syns I didn't count for :p though was a pretty low syn day otherwise) though most of my low syn days have been 5 or more syns rather than the odd 2-3 syn days I used to have. Anyway, it worked :) I guess because I'd have lost more in Florida if I more on plan so I got a boosted loss the week after sort of thing. I'm a happy bunny though, I'm not going to set mini goals or get hysterical about it until I book my Portugal break (at my dad's villa) in Autumn, then I'll be like "OMG MUST LOSE A STONE IN A WEEK FOR BEACH TIME!" lol :p

This past couple of days I've been getting back into Green Tea- I've missed it! I went to the apple store to get them to look at my broken charger and got SO angry when they said they couldn't replace it under warranty because of the extent of damage- the cable is crap and this ALWAYS happens! I was so annoyed as it wasn't accidental damage it was general taring from a crap design! So I'm going to stick to the cheap ebay chargers as they last as long and are like a tenner. Anyway, I was so angry (the guy in the store was repeating over and over at EVERY argument I put forward "Yes, but the extent of this damage is classed as accidental damage and not covered by the warranty" Over and bloody over!) I had to go and sit down and chill out for half an hour because even looking and beautiful stationary (I had a gift card for John Lewis) wasn't working; so I ordered a Jasmine green tea and sat for half an hour and it really was calming- I need to buy some Jasmine green tea! It was so nice :O it's like the only flavour I hadn't tried yet...!
We bought a huge disney mug with a picture of just about every disney character kind of woven into one meadow scene and I've been using it for tea this week as it fits about two cups worth :D means I get extra fluids in, woohoo. Haven't been drinking as much squash though.

Anyway, that's me updated. I'm going to face the music(video) and get editing now; once I complete this I can get on with so many other things I'd rather be doing but am avoiding starting- like photo editing sweden shoot pics and WRITING! Had an idea in Florida I really want to start on.

Hope everyone is well and sorry for not posting on your diaries recently :/ am so behind that I'm a bit overwhelmed at the idea of catching up!
I think instead of a daily food diary I'm going to keep some sort of syns tally on my fridge or something, just so I can keep track a bit!

x

Welcome back mate :D

Hope your editing project is going well? It's horrible when you need to do work you cba doing lol!
Well done on all the house tidying and stuff. It's amazing what you can get done when you're avoiding something else :p

I'm so glad your Mum noticed your weight loss :D I'm so bad at judging if people have lost weight! At least it was definitely more realistic this time than the half-hearted "yeah you can totally tell" you got last time lol.
How's the kitty? Did he have a nice holiday?

Can't believe you lost 3lb after the booze, Chinese, and ice cream!!! You lucky bugger ;) Maybe you've shaken up your metabolism a bit with the food from Florida. Seems to happen to some people. Really pleased for you!!

That's a shame that the guy in Apple wasn't helpful. Everyone always raves about their customer service. Really annoying that it wasn't your fault at all and it's just their shoddy chargers.

I think jasmine green tea is one of the few I don't like. Not a fan of 'flowery' flavours lol! I've been drinking loads of peppermint tea to try and help with the nausea! Also been drinking less coffee and no have only got de-caff at the moment to try and help with some symptoms too.
I do like green tea tho but not had it in ages!

I really like the sound of your Disney mug :D

Hope you don't leave your diary alone too long. I still want updates ;) x

Thanks guys :D

Cheeky- I GOT THE EDITING DONE! Blimey, this project has been haunting me for months. There is a chance I'll need to make adjustments but for now it is complete! I had SO many issues on the way- mainly technical problems- shoddy external hard drive LOST some files and I stupidly hadn't backed it up :mad: I was SO nearly finished before we went away and losing some key files meant having to sync up footage from previous takes that didn't quite fit and try and work around the fact that I LOST the MAIN take of this live recording.... fhfhkerhf! I made it all work and it looks good, just SO annoying that this hard drive cost me another 10 hours of work. On top of that just as it was all ready to export to quicktime the hard drive started messing about and it said 'scratch disks are full' when there was 1TB free! Argh... Anyway, PSYCHED that it's done! Now I can get on with new projects like writing that I've been putting off because I didn't want to get absorbed by something else :p oh, and editing all these pics from our Sweden photoshoots...

Yeah, I think you are right that Sweden change of food kicked up things a bit in a good way- I had been off carbs pretty much for ages and on low syn Red days so I was worried it would rebound horribly when I suddenly started eating things other than meat and super free, but the walking for hours and hours must have really helped! I'm now going to allow as many green/EE days as I want and see how it goes. Yesterday I did an EE day and made a syn free really yummy paella (first time but was very successful! Though the prawns had been in freezer for yonks and were pretty tough... The chicken was fab though!) but I REALLY missed the extra HexB! I'm quite accustomed to having wheatabix in the eve for tea at the mo :p was so nice to have rice though... I'm SUCH a pasta fiend usually but recently I think I prefer rice :D woohoo. I've noticed a lot less bloating on Red days recently and more regular trips to the loo which is good. I really haven't fancied pasta recently... so bizarre...
Anyway, I'm happy sticking to like half red/half green and EE at the moment. Red sort of feels more natural anyway- I really do like meat ^^

Last night had a big chat with G about our futures and stuff; I told him that I keep feeling ready to move on from this relationship and that I'm not sure if it's because I'm young or just how I am, but relationships for me always have a use by date of about a year and then I get bored/frustrated/etc. I kinda wanted to give him the brutal reality of it because I hate how he just sort of assumes that this is how it will be for life- I'm not content like this, I need progression and this relationship feels very stagnant.
Last night I opened up to him as I would a diary and I admitted that I have quite an ego for success; I get depressed when I am not advancing in life and I've gotten to the stage now where SW and weight loss is the only success in my life that's keeping me going- but I need to sort out work, I want a career and financial security but freelancing as a camera-whatever-you-want-woman isn't cutting it. A year ago we decided to work together as a photography company but we haven't put the effort in as we've been busy with other things (me with video projects that are keeping me afloat financially, him with research on how to better his photography and editing- all theory and no practise basically)
Anyway, I realised that we need to work out what our aims/goals are and make a business plan of how to reach them as doing the odd photoshoot isn't cutting it; our work is too varied, we need to focus on a certain area and get a client basis happening, etc. I think I would be much happier in the relationship if I didn't feel he was slowing me down; I spent a year doing free video work out of film school to build a portfolio and client basis, and now I do paid work- it feels like starting that all over again with photography. I have my own business but trying to focus of the one with G has slowed my own stuff down, and it's kinda like trying to support a child along the way because G really hasn't adapted well to it. He's new at it all and he's very hesitant. I guess the main thing is I need to figure out what direction I/we are going to take and start focusing on the right direction instead of being scattered; it's hard to not be lost when you aren't sure where you are even going yet!
Guess this is all stuff I was going to write in my general diary but it's quicker to type so hey-ho, it's plastered all over the net now LOL. I feel neutral about it all now though, not particularly positive or negative, but it feels good that I've understood that we need to set some goals at least.

Alright, that's me for now :p I'm off to Holi festival tomorrow, a day time festival where people throw colourful powder in the air/at each other and just get colourful and messy- should be fun! Sadly I can't bring my proper camera :( but I can bring my small HD go pro (which conveniently has a protective housing so the camera won't get ruined by the colourful dust- not sure I'd trust my professional DSLR there anyway to be honest!) so will hopefully get some cool pics/footage :D
x

Hi! Just dropping in to subscribe :) so inspired by your amazing weight loss, and loving your attitude in being honest with what you want!

Hi! Just dropping in to subscribe :) so inspired by your amazing weight loss, and loving your attitude in being honest with what you want!

Hi flix :) thanks! Glad you're inspired... It feels like just yesterday that I joined this site and was ogling at people's stats and x stone award stickers, it really rocks to get support from other people on here- do you have a diary on here yet? :)
x

I can't believe how obsessed I am with wheatabix at the moment; just had two wheatabix (= 1 hexB) with milk, a handful of strawberries and raspberries and a chopped banana with a tablespoon of strawberry jam for dinner... It's my new fave sweet treat :D screw the Chewy Delight's... hehehe

Breakfast was scrambled eggs with a pinch of cheese (half hexA1), a fried onion and chopped tomatoes for SF (had half a tin left over from yesterday so fried them up with the onions and some sweetner and it made up for ketchup :D). Whipped up some quick extra lean beef burgers for lunch with bacon, second half of HexA1 cheese and a wholemeal bun with TONS of fried onions (nom!) and some grilled courgette.
Had so much fruit today- we bought loads from the market, these gorgeous peaches (I had 3!) and a load of berries too.

Just 3 syns today! Can't bring any food to Holi Festival tomorrow as they confiscate it on the way in so am glad I have some syns saved as will have to eat whatever crap they sell there!

Hi flix :) thanks! Glad you're inspired... It feels like just yesterday that I joined this site and was ogling at people's stats and x stone award stickers, it really rocks to get support from other people on here- do you have a diary on here yet? :)
x

Haha I'm doing the same at the stickers in your signature :D

I actually started a diary today, after having a wobble last week and finding this site so helpful I decided it was time!! I don't have it linked to my signature though (as I am massively technologically challenged and haven't worked out how yet!!)

Well done for getting your editing done, I think it's good that you had your chat with G. Do you think he's grasped what you were trying to get across this time?
How are you finding it being a bit less strict with yourself?
So pleased for you that your mum is noticing, it feels good when you've been trying so hard and you get that little boost that your hard work is paying off and people you know are noticing. Xx

Hey mate!

How was the festival? I hate it when people confiscate food from you at places like that! Grrrr. Hope you had a good time though and got some good pics :)

Nice to see you've relaxed a bit with SW and are feeling more comfortable with it.
I love Weetabix too! Think it's such a nice, cheap, filling meal. Had it for my lunch today ;) I go through phases with Weetabix and crave it loads. I quite like it as a late night snack watching a film too :p

Hope things are ok with G. Did he take what you said on board? x

Back