Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Good luck tomorrow! If EE works for you stick with it as long as it does, then when things slow down Red is a really good boost! I dont lose weight with carbs anymore so I try to do mainly Red, but I do miss all the pasta I used to eat in my first 6 months of SW when I got easy losses whatever plan I went on! :D

Had another supernlow syn day today :S not sure how that keeps happening. Ate all my Hexs early too, usually have them when I get sweet cravings in the eve... Instead treated myself to a (measly!) 3 syn sweet cereal bar in the evening to pad out what was otherwise just two syns today again :eek:

Red:
______

B- Scrambled cheesy eggs (hexA1), low fat sausages (1 syn for 2), fried onions, red peppers and sugar snap peas, ketchup (1)
L- Bowl of chocolate orange shreddies (hexB1) in milk (a2)
D- bolognase with peppers, onions and iceburg lettuce on the side.

Snacks- punnet of grapes, Chewy Delight (hexB), small sugarpuff with marshmallows cereal bar (3)

Drinks- water, several green teas, 1L squash

Syns: 5
______

Am going to loosen the reigns a bit tomorrow and treat myself to something after mid week WI as have had several day of 5 or less syns in a row! Havent really needed much though, chocolate orange shreddies have really been awesome for sweet cravings and they were on offer at Sainsburys, two packets for 4 or something. Mmm, they have replaced my wheatabix love :p
Might have a take away or go to the Harvester down the road or something so I can keep it Red.

Spent about 4hrs sorting out my art trunk (1m x .5m) today- sooo much crap in it, had a good clear out and organised it. Took all the energy I could mustre on 3hrs sleep! Glad I.managed someyhing productive though. Ran some small errands and popped to the veg market too as I've had way too many onions for superfree this weekend :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed for WI, really hoping for sonethig decent after 1lb off in the past fortnight. Think what I had this weekend was a very light * week so hoping water retention is done with!

Last edited:
Think I'll join you in the 13 weigh in's till Christmas challenge. I want to get into the 19's so 33 lbs to go, so that's 2.5lbs a week!

Sounds like you've been super 'good' this weekend so hopefully you'll see a loss at your midweek WI. Chocolate orange shreddies sound awesome, I'm gonna have to have a look for them in Sainsburys!

Choc orange sheddies are awesome :D I prefer them when hey've had a few mins in thr milk though as they are sooo crunchy to start with and I like them softer (not sogy though, they dont go soggy for ages!)
Yay, we can be xmas goal buddies :) anyone else got an xmas goal?

-1lb for mid week WI today- happy with that actually as havent pooped in days so hopefully will be more by official thurs WI :D

Choc orange sheddies are awesome :D I prefer them when hey've had a few mins in thr milk though as they are sooo crunchy to start with and I like them softer (not sogy though, they dont go soggy for ages!)

-1lb for mid week WI today- happy with that actually as havent pooped in days so hopefully will be more by official thurs WI :D

:sick0019: Thank you for sharing lol....

I want to be buddies too... I will set a goal later and get back to you :hide:

I am on board with this! - my target is 3 stone total by Christmas, meaning I have 20 and a half pounds to go. I have 12 weigh ins left and by my calculations I think that's about 1.7 pounds per week??

Hurray for the 1lb - though I feel I should tell you off for the mid week weighs :D

:sick0019: Thank you for sharing lol....

Hahaha sorry :D regulars on my diary will know that it's full of TMI! :rolleyes: not a diary to scan over while you eat your brekkie! Great goal, hopefully we can all motivate each other!

Summer- Sounds like a good goal too :D I'm obsessed with choc orange shreddies!!

Flix - I know it's naughty, but it really helps me keep on track to have two weigh ins- means I am stricter with the plan the day before too and helps calm me if my proper WI was crap :rolleyes:
Also a good xmas goal!

What is everyone's motivation for their xmas goal??

For me- I can't wait to buy a nice xmas dress and 'wow' my extended family at the annual boxing day do ;D a bunch of them havent seen me since I was 20st/size 22 so will be cool if I could get into a slinky 12 by then, then reward myself by eating so many mince pies and mulled wine that I'm a stone heavier again LOL! Though actually last xmas I was really good and actually lost 2 lbs in that fortnight! :eek: but it was only like 3rd WI so I guess being somewhat food conscious around xmas was still better than my usual daily scoffing.

Treat lunch AND dinner today :O yum

EE:
____
B- Nat ff yoghurt and fruit
L- Suuuushiiiii! From Wasabi! UH! So good :D mainly nigiri which I recon has to be the lowest syn sushi as it was just rice and salmon (and whatever sugar they put in the rice, and some wasabi) rather than like the seaweed roll and mayo in some of the others. A couple of bits did have a smidgened of mayo in though, and it came with two sticky teriyaki chicken skewers. Will call it 7 syns as the chicken sticks were super gooey and yummy :p
D- Shared a mixed chinese box with G - Sweet and sour chicken and noodles. Quite a small portion as the box was small with both servings in, rather than a box of each, and we split it. So maybe 2 syns for noodles (full portion is 7) and 4 for Sweet and sour (full portion is 8.5 or at my place it's 11 as the weight was more) there were only like 5 pieces of chicken and some veg so think that's OK.

Snacks- Grapes at cinema, 1 alpen light + half a portion of Chocolate Orange shreddies (HexB) and milk (HexA)
Drinks- 1L water, 1L squash, 1 cup of tea with milk (part HexA)
Syns- 14
____

Not much super free today but didn't overeat... Spent the day out at London Wetland Centre- we went pond dipping which I haven't done since I was a child at this summer camp I used to go to :D it's basically where you fish in a pond with a small net then examine all the pond life you catch by putting it in a tray. Was fun! Got to look at some live things under a microscope too!
Then we explored the rest of the grounds and there was a place for otters! :D they were all asleep in their hutch so we rudely knocked on the window until they got up LOL but then they were SO entertaining! Running around, swimming, bringing hay to their nest, rolling around in the dirt- so cute! Got some FAB photos on the DSLR, will share if we ever get around to looking at them (such a backlog lol)

Filming tomorrow, bit unnecessarily stressed about it. Means more editing too, wooooo... *cry* haha
x

Filming went well. Apart from the actresses trying to refuse being filmed LOL? They were like "this wasnt in our contract"! Luckily the manager sweet talked them lol.

Couldnt resist the mini sandwiches on offer though :,( had 3 (3/4 of full sandwich) as well.as my packed chicken salad :rolleyes: man I miss white bread sarnies!! They were quite buttery too so guess will have to leave like 10 syns for that. :cool:

Hi Sophie

Sorry - I didn't mean to tell you off about the mid week weighs - I'm a serial scale hopper myself :D

As for motivation for my Christmas goal...

The weekend before I joined SW, my boyfriend's mum came to stay with us. The only pair of jeans I had left that fit had just torn in the crotch so I had literally nothing to wear outside! So I couldn't go out and made excuses to stay in the flat, I was wearing XL sweat pants and felt like a total scruffy slob. That was part of my motivation to join... I haven't seen her since that weekend and its unlikely I will see her before Christmas. We're going to stay for Christmas and I really want her to notice and be impressed by the improvement!!!

That's a great motivation Flix :D I know it's sad but I really thrive from proving my obese extended family who have judged me and assumed I'll be overweight my whole life wrong :p

Dont worry- I took the multi-WI comment lightheartedly! I know it's a bad influence on others but thr main reason we shouldnt serial wrigh is because our body fluctuations could upset us when we dont lose- but the mid week WI has the opposite effect on me :p it's like "ah well, second chance in a few days!"

Red today:
_____
B- fruit and yoghurt
L- chicken salad with salad cream light (1) plus those 3 bloomin' mini sarnies (10~)
D- subway salad with chicken, melted cheese (A1), olives (1) and sweet onion sauce (3 As asked for.a bit extra)
Snacks- 4 satsumas(!), apple and alpen light (half B1) at cinema, bowl of choc orange shreddies (B2+ 1/2 of 1) and milk (A2)
Syns: 15
_______

Seeing.in writing looks like I.ate tonnes today :| salads for main meals though and they never fill me up long.

Saw About Time which was SO GOOD. Absolutely loved it! Laughed loads (especially at Bill Nighy- what a dude!) and bawled my eyes out too. GREAT film!! Felt really log but at the same time I didnt want it to end and it didnt seem to have filler, lovely storyline; time travel, romance, comedy, drama, beautiful Rachel McAdams playing another lovely role, cute average Joe ginger Brit playing the lead (proper English accent instead of the realky annoying fake ones the often have!) and generally a great tale! 9/10... Only deducting 1 for the few moments we were like "but why didnt he just time travel.his way out of that scenario??" or for general character cluelessness for the sake of plot. But go see it before it leaves cinemas, really awesome film!

Glad filming went smoothly but knackered us both out, lots of driving (me navigating), early morning we arent used to, stress etc. Tomorrow we are going to.London Zoo!! :D taking the cameras... We have been to numerous zoos (mainly in other countries) and spent the whole day taking pictures together... One of my favourite dates was with G at Dublin Zoo :) and we really loved photographing the otters yesterday! G is really in.his element photographing animals, he is such an introvert with humans but he's like Mogli with animals and kids :D we literally spend all day taking photos in zoos and I havent been to London Zoo since a school trip in like year 8 or so!

Early start so off to bed now. Have seen a real sgift in my depression since the weekend before last... Lots of productivity, creative passion rejuvinated, new projects happening at my own development and general energy toblive again. :D

Glad you're feeling really happy and upbeat! :) London Zoo should be amazing, hope you have a great day! I loved About Time too!

Last edited:
London Zoo was fab :D took SO many photos. Probably over 2000!
Couldn't remember the zoo at ALL, certainly hadn't experienced some of the prime attractions; there was a walk through rainforest with all sorts of tiny monkeys just freely swinging about! They came SO close! G even sneakily stroked one :p apparently they bite, but he got lucky. There was also a butterfly tent with such beautiful butterflies flying around everywhere you walk, took some great photos there too, and the third exciting place was a spider monkey walk through where these mental little ******* were charging around, play fighting, climbing on our bags and trying to steal stuff :p one of them jumped on G's back and we were laughing and as I took a picture suddenly FOUR were on his back trying to get into his rucksack LOL! The warden came over and told him to shake them off as they bite, but it was definitely the highlight of his day :D

Was really fun but knackering, got up super early after a late night and a big patch of sleep disturbed by nightmares about this crazy woman with sharp teeth chasing me/toying with me and killing people (she killed a policeman with an axe who was trying to save me and stabbed G in the throat and eventually cut my head off! I actually dreamt about my head being sliced off!!) anyway- I woke up terrified and tried to wake G but was too half asleep myself and then fell back into the dream again! :( then I woke up almost screaming and G cuddled me etc and then I fell back asleep and back into the nightmare again apparently was whimpering. Was really horrible :/ so only had about 6 hours sleep in the end and it was a really long day! Also had a nice dream though with the characters from About Time :D LOL!

We also spent a lot of time photographing the meercats, otters, some turtles in the reptile house (they were swimming and there were really great reflections in the water!) the tiger (female tiger had just given birth so only the male was about but we caught him at feeding time!) and gorillas. After we walked to Camden Town and curled up on a futon smoking some shish and going through the pictures together- was really nice! ^^ has been such a great couple of weeks, filled with days out and experiences, really nice to feel bonded with G again.

Food wise went for EE which is risky considering I have my weigh in tomorrow :rolleyes: tend to bloat from carbs so hope the rice I had doesn't screw me over! I made good choices though! I had Jerk chicken with rice for lunch (took the skin off one piece of chicken so will give about 4 syns for the other) but didn't come with veg and a side salad was an extra £4.50 and looked crap, so ditched that. Dinner at the shisha place was chicken shawrama with salad- I asked for minimal oil to be used and it was basically grilled chicken lightly re-fried with onions and tomatoes with a plain side salad. Felt really good about that as I SO nearly went for a cheap goey chinese box as by that time they were reduced to £3, but instead chose something healthier and spent £6.50, hardcore. It was nice! Not oily at all really and no skin, so will call that another 4 syns just for whatever oil was used.
Snacks were a bowl of Hexy choc orange shreddies when I got back in the evening, a banana, an activia light yoghurt and a few ticktacks (1/2 a syn for 5)
So 8.5 ish syns! Hope the carbs don't screw up my WI :( feel a bit bloated and got a bit of a tummy ache today so am slightly fearing that maybe my real * week hasn't begun yet... the other thing was so light and just a couple of days! One can only hope that was it :p

x

Some phone pics from the zoo (will take me a week to just go through all the million DSLR pics we took!)

Sorry for all the silly instagr*m filters, just got on instagr*m about a week ago and already am a bit mad about it :D anyone else on there? Don't want to post my link publically as want this diary as private/unsearchable as possible, but my username is 'koi1111 soph111 oto' without the 1's or spaces- all one word, just the letters. Lol :rolleyes: silly of me to worry, but I don't want someone googling it and coming up with this diary. Also, if anyone wants to add me on fb my URL is /sophie7

Screen Shot 2013-10-03 at 00.31.23.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-03 at 00.31.37.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-03 at 00.31.49.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-03 at 00.32.07.png
^That's G above with his beast lens and the angry gorilla who kept body slamming the glass when people used flash photography :|

Wow @ not using your real name! :O makes me feel better at my silly distortion of URL above LOL ;)

+2 today whaaaaat?!
Those damn carbs yesterday :( must have been the rice. I genuinely think my body rejects carbs now for weight loss *sniff*
Could be that mystery * week thig wasnt my * week and I am actually due on... ANd can blame 1/4 of a pound on eating some yoghurt before WI because I forgot (always weigh first thing in the morning for accuracy!) and lack of pooping in two days. Grr.
Not too p*ssed surprisingly because I really felt like it was going to be a crap WI for above reasons. Lost a pound on Monday so overal it's a +1 this week, despite all the red and low syn days :(
I am feeling like I should probably cut all pasta and rice out of my diet, which saddens me as it has been so limited this past couple of months anyway.

Am going to do some wii fit this week as I really fancy it! Am going to.do a green day today though as f*ck it, I want a bowl of cheesy pasta and to avoid doing a naughty WI tomorrow (would never after pasta haha) as I am sure I will inevitably poo in the next few hours :mad: sods law!

Cousin is over from Isreal and coming over with new bf tonight, she hasnt met G yet. Must have big tidy up first as flat is a sh*t hole and I dont want her tellimg her gossipy grandparents that I live a slob life LOL

Zoo looks amazing, glad you had a great day! Scales are funny things and I'm sure the not pooing/*week/carbs is the answer as you've done great food wise this week. Still bloody annoying though to have a +1 in spite of all your hard work - grr! I've got a feeling next week you'll be in for a biggie though, especially as you've probably had a loss this week but it just isn't showing! *fingers crossed*

Haha I hope so! Last week I lost one pound, week before was a sts and week before that was 1lb too :( week before THAT was 4.5! So hopeully I can pull out a 4 or so next week for this month... Doubt it though, think my weight loss has just reached the slow stage now to be honest!
The main thing is that I know I've stuck 100% to plan so I cant get mad at myself :rolleyes: I did have a couple of those weeks ruined by drinking I think though, even though I kept within syns... drinking weeks have never had a good WI! Not going to drink for a while now though, havent really got a social life anyway :p

I guess that's the maddening thing about getting closer to target, much harder to pull out the big numbers! Plus looking at your BMI, you're a 28 :eek: Sometimes I forget how tall you are as 15st 2lbs doesn't 'sound' that skinny if you know what I mean, but when I see your BMI it brings it home just how close you are to a healthy BMI. Just goes to show the huge difference that height can make! Now I just need to shoot up to about 7ft 4 and I might be ok! :D

Back