Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Lol! Yeah I know, it feels weird that my goal is 13.4st when most people on here are aiming for like ten stone, but 13.4 is pretty much G's weigt and he is just half an inch taller- he looks very 'normal' and when I met him he was 12st and so lanky! It's kinda interesting to look at it that way as I dont know any girls as tall as me :rolleyes: my dad is a freakish 6'8", scary to think how much he must weigh as he his really large, he has like a pregnant tum! Must be 35st :|
It is really annoying that things have slowed down already though, I do wonder if I need to cut out carbs all together to start seeing regular 3s and 4s again.

Enjoyed a pasta lunch, has been.ages since I cooked pasta! Was good comfort food after my crappy loss haha. I am going to try and only do Red for the next week, it wss my original aim this week but got lazy :(

Thanks Summer! Those are just camera phone pics, much nicer quality ones on my and G's photography facebook page facebo*k.com/k&o&i&p&h&o&t&o without the & signs lol :rolleyes:

Under height! Hehe! Am lucky I'm tall in terms of weight, but I hate that I am taller than most of my guy friends :( in the past I felt very insecure about dating anyone shorter, especially as I have PCOS which means I am quite hairy and have a fairly deep voice for a woman, feel so unfeminine to be taller than the lads too! Probably why I dress girly, you'll never catch me in jeans!
Gerard always has commented on hoe feminine my figure is though which makes me feel better about everything else! Have a nice dip at the waist and big hips, no boobs though, so flat chested despite being overweight!

Green day today:
_____
B- banana, yoghurt
L- pasta, cheese (hexA1), roast veg (peppers, carrot, runner beans, courgette)
D- tomato rice (went for wholegrain rice) with peppers, onions, a grated courgette (totally disguised!), passata, 10 olives (1.5 syns)
Snacks- bowl of choc orange shreddies (hexA1+2), activia 0%, handful of nibbles when friends were over- about ten peanuts and 8 skips... 7 syns enough for that? :/ nuts are quite synful so maybe needs more.
Drinks- 2 lilt zeros, 2 large green teas, 2 pints of water.
Syns: 10 ish
______

Spent the afternoon tidying and cleaning at a leisurely pace. Cousin and her bf (who are visiting from Israel) came over in the evening and played guitar hero, chatted and then watched The Brady Bunch movie which we used to watch all the time together as kids! So funny that we didnt used to get all of the dirty jokes, aas quite a giggle to rewatch now that we are adults!
Nice and relaxed.day following a busy week. Finally have a list of tweaks to make to the editing I finished last weekend so will get on with that tomorrow... Shouldnt take long and then can finally send invoice and get on with next editing project that awaits. Have spent so much extra money this month (£200 on sound equipment, £100 on art/creative supplies, etc) and it all came out of my bank the same day as £250 worth of utility bills- really need to get some projects complete and money coming in! Also because when those art supplies arrivein the next couple of weeks I will have new projects to start! Need to wrap these up first!
Feeling productive and motivated :D really feel like my depression has vanished for the first time in years! AM NOT EVEN DREADING EDITING?!? Not even the next project!
X

Ok NOW I'm dreading editing. Bloody hard drive lost some files because it is badly formatted! I have them backed up luckily (last time this happened I didnt and it made editing such a pain!) but it has taken hours to re-concert them and link them back up into my edit... Should have taken half an hour to make changes but second project in a row I have been pushed back because of he harddrive. We sent the last external hard drive back but now that it has happened again we know it must be from this dodgy mac&pc compatible format we chose for it, grr. Have lost motivation to do it now :'( might hop on the wii fit for a bit and have a simultaneous boogie with headphones on.

Yummy fry up for lunch; bacon, a BGTY sausage (1/2), onions, runner beans, sugar.snap and some kidney beans (3 syns worth on red, had to use them up and dont mind synning on Red as they are so good or you!)

Triple bill planned at the cinema tonight! Will have to get LOADS of grapes at the market to sustain me!! Will go to Nandos in a gap between two of the films and have a low syn Red dinner.

Quick food update before bed:

Red
___

B- nat ff yog, banana, apple
L- fry up (detailed above) 3 syns for beans, 1 syn for ketchup, 1 for sausages
D- 2 small chicken skewers at kebab place with salad (4ish for meat oil, 2 for sauces)
Snacks- (at cinema) 2 punnets of grapes at cinema, 2 punnets of raspberries, two activia 0%, 2 alpen lights, bowl of hexy cereal (choc orang shreddies), small milky way (3.5)
Total: 14.5
_____

Last edited:
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Saw Rush (thought it was OK but really despise f1 so probably would have found it better if I didnt :p) and R.I.P.D which was mediocre with a few funny bits.

Geeg (bestie) came over this eve sice she was passing by, has been having a rough time since it was the 4th anniversary of her mums death recently so we had a good feelsy chat and was nice and bonding. Her bf dropped in as he'd planned to stay at hers so G joined us and we hung out which was nice.
Geeg and I have agreed to try a zumba class and get together for some writing days too as we both need a kick in the rear to get focused! She said she fancied trying NaNoWriMo too (national novel writing month - write a novel in a month in Novemeber, a yearly 'competition'where everyone who completes 50,000 words wins) I really really loved it last year so cant wait!!

Red day today:
_____

B- nat ff yog + fruit
L- turkey meatballs (hexB1) with salad, onions and beansprouts
D - quick turkey stir fry thing with beansprouts, sugar snap peas and salad, melted cheese on top (a1) bit of ketchup too (+1)
Snacks- bowl of choc orange shreddies (a2+b2) with strawberries chopped in, curly wurly (6), grapes

Syns: 7
_____

Keep having chocolate cravings this week :S really unlike me.

Had an absolute disaster today :( realised that our dodgy corrupt hard drive has also wiped all of the footage from our recent shoot! CRAP!!
Very luckily I hadnt transfered the back up camera, put my go pro at the front for a couple of wide shots as extras in case, the quality of them is pretty bad though but better than nothing as it isnt something we can re-do. :( the worst part is the filming was for my very judgemental aunt who was trying to do me a favour as she sees me as a total failure, so I wanted to make the video extra good! Gahhh! Thank GOD we had a back up camera... But severely wishing Inhad backed up footage straight away :( waited to finish other project first. Have never had something so disasterous happen with a project, feel sick about it. There is a danger that the back up camera may have lost some of the footage too because it has a recording limit... Wont know until I sync it all up to the sound tomorrow (luckily I didnt lose the sound files as they were on my desktop!)

So stressful. Was really nice to see Geeg though, have really re-bonded with her recently after some distance. Good thing toonsince Eliza has buggered off to emotional rehab for 6 months+ so.I can only contact her through letters now, she had been my only friend for a while as I was too depressed and negative to feel comfortable around other friends... Such a huge turn around this fortnight!
X

Glad you liked it too :D it was HILARIOUS! Can't believe I hadn't heard anyone else talk about it... seemed pretty understated but was sooo good!

WI tomorrow (just the mid week one) but as Wednesday is our 2 year anniversary I'll be having whatever the hell I want that day (i.e. carbs, nothing too crazy LOL) so that'll butcher Thursday's WI. I want to start counting Monday's as official WI again anyway, it sounds silly calling it 'mid-week WI' on a Monday :rolleyes:
HOPING for a loss! After a gain and an STS I bloody need something! I pooped today :D so hopefully that'll help LOL. Massively low syn Red day, have done 3 or so Red days in a row now...

Red:
_____

B- Nat ff yog, strawberries, raspberries, banana

L- Chicken thighs with bbq sauce (improvised a pretty decent syn free one!) with grilled carrots, courgette and peppers.

D- Bowl of choc orange shreddies (A1 + B1), grilled cheese on wholemeal bun with some tomato puré and 3 chopped olives (.5) and a nectarine (probably should have had more super free but didn't want to cook :rolleyes:)

Snacks- Activia 0%

Syns: 0.5! :eek:
_____

Getting a bit hungry again now :( low on fruit... Might have a yoghurt or something.

Going to see some kittens tomorrow so may come home with an addition (or two!) to the family! :D

Luckily the massive editing disaster isn't too bad because we have some footage from this tiny gopro camera I set up at the front. The quality is much less than it should be but at least we have SOMETHING to give them. Originally they just asked for a basic one take wide shot so it's kinda what they wanted, though I'd already offered to make it better than that. *sigh* oh well. As there was not much to actually edit with I got that wrapped up quickly today at least :)

Last edited:
Aww poor you, sounds like a nightmare with the editing, at least it all worked out in the end though but must have been pretty stressful! It's bloody typical that just as you say you're feeling all optimistic about it that something should go wrong! :rolleyes:

I'm the same with being tall, although I'm 5ft 9 I hate wearing heels because I just tower above people. I always try to wear reasonably feminine stuff too so I don't look blokey, def not a jeans person either! Btw, I don't think you have anything to worry about looking unfeminine, you're absolutely gorgeous!

Your food looks yummy these last few days, I'm sure you'll have a loss tomorrow! Having said that the scale Gods can be cruel, but if there's any justice in this world you'll have a decent number. Is tomorrow going to be your 'official' WI from now on then? I quite like having mine on a Tuesday as I've got Monday to be super good and flush out anything dodgy I've had at the weekend. Having said that this week I'm going to need a miracle to have a loss, I've been pretty much in bed with cold since Thursday. Lets hope lots of water and a low syn day tomorrow will help! Xx

I bet we'll be more into jeans when we're skinny minnies! ;)

Today I got all excited to see a -4 on my wii fit scales!! But on closer inspection, last weeks +2 was more lile +3 :'( I was up to 15.4! So basically I've evened that out and lost one more, am 15st exactly (tehnically I think about a quarter of a pound under looking at he chart!) when a couple of weeks ago I was 15.1 :( FFS! I am very glad to have a loss at this point after that unexplained gain but averaging 1/2 a pound a week sucks balls! I must have lost like 3lbs in the space of a month... Not cool!

Anniversary tomorrow so apart from a nice meal out (whatever we decide to do) then, will be strictly on red days.

Well a loss is a loss, and you've still managed 4lbs in a week, which at this stage of your weight loss is pretty amazing! Sucks things are going slow for you now, hopefully after your meal out a week of red days will help speed things along again!

Ah I was.just peeved about the gain last week so didnt look at the chart, just looked at the BMI amd where.it said +2lbs next to it, was probably 2.5 or something and chances are I lost 1.5 total this week but tis annoying it doesnt show fractions! I had scales at the start and couldnt get off of them- I'd end up weighing 5x a day if I got some again! :rolleyes:

WE GOT A KITTENNNN!! Woooo! Will post pics at some point.but cant from phone. He's a brown tabby marble colour, really cute and confident and if we pick him up when he is sleepy he sleeps on us :D eee!

Hey matey!
I really like the photo of the penguin from London Zoo. I haven't been there in over 10 years! I bet it's changed a lot since then.
It must be really nice to have a 'thing' you and G can do an bond over. Must be nice to have that :) Sounds like it was a really good day anyway.

I'm sorry you've gained and your average losses are a bit crap at the moment. I wish I had some advice for you, I really do :(

Enjoy your anniversary tho and don't be too strict on yourself or you'll feel deprived!! Don't have me telling you off ;)

And ooooooh! for the new kitten :D xx

I read your post as 'Kitchen' and was thoroughly confused about it being Tabby - that's what sugar depletion does to you!

Sorry I haven't popped in sooner, you have done amazingly so far, it sounds like just a little plateau that I know you will push past. Does puddy have a name? :D

Puss hasnt been officially named yet but I quite like 'Scampi' as he scampers about everwhere and I think it is a cut name lol! We both quite like 'Chewbacca' after the Star Wars character (Chewie for short) but I dont want people thinking we named him after a biting habit or something lol. We'll see, I think both are qute cute :D
My cat that passed last year was called Zombie which I thought was silly at first but absolutely loved it in the end, thought it was so cute and always called him Zombizzle lol!

Gorgeous thing, lots of pics on my inst*gram.com/k*o*i*s*o*p*h*o*t*o (without the stars, no gaps)

Food today was pretty minimal, had a brunch and then nothing for 8hrs WTF. Didnt have much in and was feeling too lazy to cook.

Red:
______

Brunch- fry up: low fat sausages (1.5), bacon, fried onions, sugar snap and some leftover veg from yest, cheesy (hexa1) scrambled eggs

Dinner- spicy ex lean mince beef stir fry sort of thing with lots of veg cooked in (onion, pepper, grated carrot and courgette) on a bed of salad.

Evening snacks: activia, chewy delight (b1), bowl of choc orange shreddies (a2+b2), nectarine

Syns: 4
______

Nothing planned for anniversary tomorrow, may well just go to our fave all you can eat sushi place and have a coupla drinks in the eve, or try out this pan asian 'world food' lunch buffet whih has like indian, chinese AND japanese food :S eh...!? So much cheaper at lunch so wonder if they only have half the dishes on offer. Kinda risky to face a buffet too, and it probably isnt as good as the all you can eat sushi... Have been meaning to try it though... Hmmm, decisions...
Either way I am stuffing my face with yummy food tomorrow :D

Forgot to say! Went to Asda yesterday looking for winter boots and a coat. No boots I liked in my size (size 9 feet, ugh! One of the downsides to being so tall) but I got a coat :D SIZE 14!!!

It's a BIT snug under the arms but cosy and wearable and I think it makes me look really slim hehe. Only picked up the 14 as it was the only size in stock other than a 20 or an 8, so chuffed that it fit as it was the nicest one! I tried on an 18 of another coat and it was sooo loose.
Having said that, size 16 coats at hennies were a bit too snug :rolleyes: I guess asdas sizes come up big and H&M come up small.

I'm glad I got a snug one though as I plan to a size 12 in 6 months when it is still freezing :p not sure if it'll be doable by xmas at this rate though.

My knee was agony in the night. Have had problems with it since mid teens but have never really had it checked out. I think my arm exercises have agrovated it as I hear it click when I do chair dips and I use my legs tucked under the bed to help my press ups, so might have to stop those even though I havent really restarted them yet.

OMG, I'm a size 9 feet too! How annoying is it?! I have such a nightmare finding shoes, especially as most places only go up to an 8, meaning I try and cram my feet in a size too small and limp around everywhere far too much! It's not as bad as it used to be, at least simply be and some places do 9's now, but it's so crap when all my friends with little feet can shop anywhere. It's bad enough having a big ass but with big feet too you really can't win - grrr!

Hope you had a fab anniversary and the little kitty is doing well. Seeing your pics makes me want another one so bad, but 2's all we can afford for now I think! Great news on the size 14 coat, bet it looks amazing! You never know about size 12 for Christmas, just keep plugging away - do you know what weight is a size 12 for you? Personally I haven't got a clue about these things as I'm sure I went out of nappies into at least a size 14, so will be interesting to see on the way down!

Back