Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

LOL CT exactly the same for me! I've never shopped for smaller than a size 16 in my life, and size 16 was when I was 14 or so!
Size 14 coat was a bit of a fluke I think :rolleyes: cant get the Hennies coats out of my head.
Asda does good size 9 shoes! Where else do you get your shoes? I mainly get mine from New Look and Asda, sometimes Shoe Zone. Ix cant order online as one foot is also about half a size bigger that he other so sometimes one foot will be too loose in 9s grr! Really annoying wide feet too with skinny ankles, duck shape! Haha

Anniversary was OK, better than lat year when we spent the day crying about losing Zombie the day before. We just realised that we got the kitten (still unnamed) a year to the day that we lost our last cat- kinda strangely synbollic.
Went for luch at the pan asian place, it was a bg buffet of Chinese, Thai, Indian and English food. I had a look in there one eve and it looked great with sushi and a great asian salad bar but that's evenigs only :( wss half the price.for lunch though! £7 or £15 in the eve which seems a bit much!
The food was OK but not amazing. I stuck to a red day so avoided noodles and rice and just ate loads of saucey chicken dishes like Sweet & Sour and black bean sauce. I had one full plate then went up for a few extra nibbles but told the guy to take it away as I was feeling the fullness come on! Did have a bowl of tinned lychees and fruit for desert though. I recon about 25 syns max, inc 6 for tinned lychees. Didnt have dinner so hopefully that counteracted the overeating a bit... Was very full but probably ate half what I usually would at a buffet! Think I passed my first buffet experience since SW ;) woop! Avoided the carby bits so feel good about that. Honestly think a big bowl of sweet and sour chicken is better for my weight loss than a bowl of pasta at this point.

As it was a buffet though we barely saw each other :rolleyes: he got up as I sat down and vice versa. Annoying. Kinda wish we'd gone to the sushi place as that is to order so they bring you the food, hopefully not.having all those.carbs will save my WI tomorrow but am not too convinced.

After food we went to the cinema and saw Filfth which was good! Weird though! Quite reminiscent of Trainspotting but a little more polished/less raw.

Got home and felt a bit bummed that we'd barely spoken/interacted all day as we had sat in silence in the cinema. Felt kinda like any other day. We spent the evening together though, listening to music and chatting and had a nice time :)

I'm so besotted with the kitten, I actually cried today when he fell asleep in my hands! He is just so lovely, I am overwhelmed to feel so much love so quickly for him, I feel like I know him so well even though we've only had him 3 days!
He has had an upset tummy since we got him though and we noticed a tiny but if watery blood pooled on top of it today so called the vet and have an appointment booked for tomorrow. The vet said it sounded like a common bug some kittens get when they settle into a new home but we are having a free check up tomorrow. I didnt know his DOB for registering so decided to call the pet shop and ask as I know my mum will want to work out his star/moon/rising sign etc LOL. The pet shop said Aug 13th! Which means he only turned 8 weeks yesterday and had been in the pet shop for 4 days so was only about 7 weeks when he was separated from his mum :(!! They told us he was 9wks old when we got him!! Liars!
Kittens arent supposed to leave their mum until 8wks as they need to be fully weaned and each of those weeks holds vital learning time from the mother to the baby. We noticed he doesnt burry his poops so that might be why :( so gutted that they did that!
Lil' Juan was a few days early too but at the time I didnt realise it was a problem- he peed on my bed daily for months as he wasnt properly weaned, and was super clingy!
This one seems pretty well rounded though, very confident and cuddly too, very energetic despite tummy issues so I think he'll turn out alright! Cant believe how tiny he is...

Oh wow, that's horrible of the pet shop to do that. Like you say those early days are so so important. No wonder he looks so tiny, bless him! The shelter we got ours from won't let people take kittens home 'till at 12 weeks, so that's when we got ours. I found it horrible though even then when they separated them from Mum and sister, so sad! Let me know how you get on at the vet, I'm sure everything will be fine though so don't worry too much. With the litter thing hopefully he'll pick up the habit from Lil' Juan (cute name btw!) - how are they getting on anyway?

My feet are super wide too, they remind me of hobbit feet! I'm dreading the sandals on holiday as I have this weird conjoined toe thing going on!! :eek: That probably makes it sound worse than it is 'cos its not particularly noticeable unless you look for it, but still makes me paranoid! Didn't know ASDA did 9's, going for some last minute holiday stuff on Friday so I'll take a look.

That's why I'm not so keen on the buffet thing on holiday, I tend to find unless you eat at the same pace you're never actually sat down together! Might try doing 'courses' this time so I'm not tempted to go for extra bits - no-one needs more than starter, main and dessert but you'd never know with me at a buffet! :rolleyes:

Red day today:
______

B- nat ff yog with grated apple and banana
L- mixed leaf salad with a hard boiled egg, ham slices, grilled nandos marinated peri peri chicken (2.5), 3 olives (1/2) a grated carrot and grated apple, sprinkle of what I though was feta cheese but think its just some weird goats cheese :S (half hexA1) polish packaging... Any ideas?
Epic salad! Sooo good! +2 for dressing.

D- bowl if HexB + Hexa choc orange shreddies in ss milk with a banana chopped in.

Snacks- hexb2 chewy delight, hard boiled egg mushed with salad cream light (1), 2 chocolate eclaire sweets (1.5), white hot choc with mini marshmallows and light whipped cream (4)

Syns: 11.5
_______

WI tomorrow, hoping for at least the 1lb off that will get me into the 14's but that chinese food is still heavy in my stomach so we'll see!

Then off to vet in the morning to get kitten's tum checked out. Meant to post some pics today- doh! Havent used laptop much. X

Here are some kitten pics nabbed off my facebook and inst*gram (why does it bleep insta out with stars but not fb? :S) No idea when I'll get around to viewing the DSLR shots, but we've taken lots! He's quite the poser.

Screen Shot 2013-10-10 at 18.10.55.pngScreen Shot 2013-10-10 at 18.10.40.pngScreen Shot 2013-10-10 at 18.10.26.pngScreen Shot 2013-10-10 at 18.10.18.pngScreen Shot 2013-10-10 at 18.10.08.pngScreen Shot 2013-10-10 at 18.09.52.png1391839_10153263375795618_2007103337_n.jpg1383039_10153263488475618_1798648948_n.jpg1385385_10153267231850618_1807456345_n.jpg1380792_10153267483030618_1070892882_n.jpg1378464_10153263574295618_1633666969_n.jpg

Soooo cute! Can't get over how he sleeps on us, ADORABLE!

-1lb today, am in the 14st range! Woohoo!
Didnt expect that as woke up all sniffly and plegmy, but am relieved! That means -2 in total this week, phew :)

Today marks my 7th red day in a row, it hasnt been so bad so will stick to it now. I think as much as I love the sushi and carby japanese food it may be slowing me down, there had been a lot of it in the past few weeks and think I need to just veto rice and pasta at this point, but I dont feel too bad about that anymore as I've enjoyed the past few Red days.

Really psyched that I'm in the 14st range now :D I know I ALWAYS do this but will do so again- I've always weighed my age so that means I'm now the weight I was aged 14! :D and I'm about half a foot taller now so this must be the slimmest I've ever been- yay!

Wore my size 14 coat for the first time today- bit tight in terms of full arm movements :rolleyes: but we shall shrink into this, eh?!

At Tesco I tried on and bought a size 14 purple/greyish hoodie too as my old XL one is so baggy it's unflattering now and G's one looks ridiculous on me as it's big and baggy too. It was on sale, £5 :D yay!
I also got some size 16/18 fluffy warm PJ bottoms which I was in dire need of; last night it was so cold and I wanted some warm leggings in bed, so got these pink and white polka-heart fluffy ones, nice and cosy :p They fit really well! MY BUM FITS AN 16/18!?! Wooohooo! I love Tesco for being so bloody generous with their sizes hehe ;)
Except they are a bit short for my long legs so there are a couple of bare inches above the ankle where the fabric kinda nips in with an elasticated bit. Grr. I love having long legs but it's annoying when bottoms/trousers/leggings are designed for a max height of 5'6 and I'm a whopping 6" taller... Everything is too short :( dresses barely cover my bum too! Have tried on a few onesies but I'm just too tall for them *weeps* :p I do look ridiculous in them though anyway LOL.

Getting into the 14 stone range also means I hit the checkpoint of 75% of my first target lost! Just noticed that from my ticker, as my first goal is exactly 100lbs :D
Can't wait to get into 'One-derland' in 9lbs time!

x

-1lb today, am in the 14st range! Woohoo!
Didnt expect that as woke up all sniffly and plegmy, but am relieved! That means -2 in total this week, phew :)

Today marks my 7th red day in a row, it hasnt been so bad so will stick to it now. I think as much as I love the sushi and carby japanese food it may be slowing me down, there had been a lot of it in the past few weeks and think I need to just veto rice and pasta at this point, but I dont feel too bad about that anymore as I've enjoyed the past few Red days.

Wooooo hoooooo :0clapper:Well done you, glad you are enjoying your red days :eatdrink023:

Size 14 coat and 14 stone zone! Must be your number this week!! Am happy for you Hun. Fluffy pjs sound epic, it's dropped so cold I can't believe it!

My friend recently had a new kitten who she thinks has some sort of developmental issues, her actual words were "I think my cat has learning disabilities!" I wonder if he may have been parted from his mother too soon...

Woohooo! Thanks Bloodcovered princess :D love that chicken eating emote hehehe!

Summer- definitely is my week hehe ;) after weeks of crap something finally shifted.

My other cat Lil' Juan wasn't properly weaned either, they need to stay with their mum until at least 8 weeks and both were 7 and a bit :/ Lil' Juan peed on my bed for months and has always been very needy. I like that he is needy though and part of me thinks that's probably because he left mum early and latched onto me :rolleyes: but yeah, my sisters kittens were also bith too young and have litter tray problems because of it. *sigh* why are people in such a rush to get rid of their kittens?! They're so damn cute, surely an extra week makes little difference :rolleyes:

Had a small fight with G because he was being really grumpy and it recoiled onto me and made me really p*ssy too. The fugbt was literally about him being grumpy and ruining my mood LOL silly fight, but I wanted some space to perk my mood up again so tonight I did an hour of Wii fit exercise with loud music on my headphones alone in the bedroom, was really fun! Bet I will ache like hell tomorrow though :p

Last edited:
YEY!! Well done on the weight loss and getting into the 14's - both stone and clothes size - what a fab week for you! :)

Kitty is GORGEOUS, love the pics, I wish mine would sleep on me! x

Thanks CT! Feels insane to buy somehing Size 14 :|

Have lived with around ten cats in my life now and he is the first to sleep on me! Though at his age it could be something he grows out of :( but he has a couple of times approached us and nestled rather than being coaxed into resting there, so I think he'll be a lap cat yet!

Red today:
______

B- natt ff yog, banana, apple

L- leftover spicy mince with salad (1 syn for dressing)

Snacky dinner spread throughout evening- couple of small nandos marinade piri piri chicken bits (1), salad, 3 hard boiled eggs with salad cream light (2), double Hex's bowl of choc orange shreddies (A1+2, B1+2), half a juicy pinapple, 3 olives (1/2)

Syns: 3.5
______

Was one of those days where hunger sort of got in the way, so just ate whatever quick thig wad availible. I like days like that! I.e. Days not drooling over the idea of noshing :p

Last edited:
Another not so hungry day today, woop! Tomorrow might be a challenge as am having my little sisters over for a pokemon themed slumber party :D they are aged 8 and 11 and are super into pokemon (not gonna lie, I still play the games and never grew out of it!) and as he new game is release tomorrow we're going to spend all day playing it and watching the first anime series :D SO EXCITED. Lol! Seriously... More excited than I get about most social things ;) hehe
They will probably be noshing on crisps and bits all day (am going to buy an oven pizza for their tea too but have made bolognase for lunch)
Am going to look out for WM WW pittas as will be buying Pokemon from Tesco and that's the obly place ypu can get the pitta we can have as HexB, then I can have pitta pizza instead :)

Red:
_______

B- breakfast in bed made by G :D vanilla activia pouring yoghurt and chopped banana with a green tea

L- marinated steaks with onions in a goey sauce (from leftover marinade of soy sauce, wozzy sauce, balsamic and herbs) with side salad and cucumber, green beans and sugar snap.

D- small portion of bolognase (some superfree inside it inc a courgette and onions but probably should have had something on the side... Wasnt very hungry but wanted to eat early rather than late at night so just had a small porion amd some wheatabix (a1+b1) at 10pm (doh!) as I wanted something sweet. +1 for golden syrup.

Snacks- vanilla muller light, 1 boiled egg with salad cream light (1/2)
Drinks- lots of green teas and 2L squash, 1 lilt zero (probably why I have sugar cravings- always makes me have them!)

Syns: 1.5 :|
Edit: +3 for nesquick milkshake powder + hexA2 = 4.5 total
_______

Still crave sugar so might have a chewy delight for HexB2. Weird that I havent been having all my Hex's- I usually wish I had more! Less calories though I guess... Am aimig for another Red week until Thurs now.

Last edited:
Dad gave my sisters some pizza money so today wasnt great for diet :rolleyes:

R:
____
B- ff yog, apple, banana
L- two slices of large hawaian dominoes pizza with stuff crust (went for rather small pieces though) and two cheesy doughballs. Maybe 30 syns?
D- bowl of all bran golden crunch with milk, chopped banana and some golden syrup (1 + a+b) and later a punnet of strawberries, matzo with cheese and pickle (1+ a2+b2)
Snacks- options hot choc with light whipped cream and mini marshmallows (4), small handful of popcorn (1), punnet of grapes

Syns: 40ish
______

Had so few syns yesterday and the day before that am not too worried, actually ate really minimally today, didnt have a big filling meal just light things other than the pizza so I recon calories wise I wouldnt really be over.

Made my sisters an oven pizza today since I'd bought it for them and they didnt want pasta :p had a nibble but then spat it out before i ate a whole slice of bloomin' 10 syns. Wasnt even that nice! Did have a leftover crust though :rolleyes:

So far other than the usual breakfast of fruit and yoghurt all I've had is a couple of hard boiled eggs with light salad cream and some fruit... Detox I guess haha. If I can stop being lazy later I'll make a veg speed soup. Getting hungry but am too lazy to eat :|

Somehow, I conveniently forgot that I also ate a Domino's yesterday :(, I don't even really like pizza but hubby loves it and I just gave in. Urgh, with todays lunch that is not boding well.

I love Pokemon too, I vividly remember telling my mum if I didn't get Picachu on my 18th birthday I would cry! I really fancy some lilt now, is the zero one anywhere near as good as the proper version?

Somehow, I conveniently forgot that I also ate a Domino's yesterday :(, I don't even really like pizza but hubby loves it and I just gave in. Urgh, with todays lunch that is not boding well.

I love Pokemon too, I vividly remember telling my mum if I didn't get Picachu on my 18th birthday I would cry! I really fancy some lilt now, is the zero one anywhere near as good as the proper version?

Lilt Zero is by far the nicest diet drink IMO! Doesnt taste sugar free at all! However I get INSANE sugar cravings for hours after them, which I dont notice as much for other drinks.

I recently found out that the science behind this is that Aspartame makes our body taste sweetness and our body reads it as sugar so produces insulin that then isnt used, hus making us have a chemical inbalance that makes us want sugar until the insulin is used up. Doh! Thus diet fizzy drinks in particular are pretty crap for our cravings... I dont get sugar cravings from NAS robbinsons but have definitely noticed it from Lilt Zero more so than diet pepsi etc.

Have been playing pokemon all day! Hehe. Have played all the games *blush* :eek:

Red day:
_____

B- vanilla ff yog, banana, apple

L- 2 hard boiled eggs with salad cream light (1)

D- chicken salad (1 for dressing, 1 for honey on chicken) with grilled peppers, then didnt fancy that so left half and had a ww wholemeal pitta (hexB1) with ketchup (1) and grilled cheese (hexA1), later had a bowl of coco shreddies for pud (a2+b2)

Snacks- another hard boiled egg, 2 yoghurts
Syns- 4
______

Sts for mid week WI today, expected worse as I havent been to the loo in days and can feel that dominoes weighing me down still :rolleyes: so am happt with an sts as hopefully by thurs I'll have a loss.

Kitten has had a bad tummy since we got him and did his first solid poop today- hurrah! I have been cooking him boiled chicken daily all week and been syringing this medicine paste (which smells like cement) into his mouth which has been pretty traumatic for him (and I'm scratched to bits!) so glad that is hopefully over now!

Glad your little kitty is getting better.
I've been craving pizza ALL weekend but didn't give in, just ate loads of other crap instead :s
I can't think of any good soup recipes for red plan, all of my recipes are EE friendly as they either have lentils, potatoes, beans or pasta in.

Really psyched that I'm in the 14st range now :D I know I ALWAYS do this but will do so again- I've always weighed my age so that means I'm now the weight I was aged 14! :D and I'm about half a foot taller now so this must be the slimmest I've ever been- yay!

Wore my size 14 coat for the first time today- bit tight in terms of full arm movements :rolleyes: but we shall shrink into this, eh?!

At Tesco I tried on and bought a size 14 purple/greyish hoodie too as my old XL one is so baggy it's unflattering now and G's one looks ridiculous on me as it's big and baggy too. It was on sale, £5 :D yay!
I also got some size 16/18 fluffy warm PJ bottoms which I was in dire need of; last night it was so cold and I wanted some warm leggings in bed, so got these pink and white polka-heart fluffy ones, nice and cosy :p They fit really well! MY BUM FITS AN 16/18!?! Wooohooo! I love Tesco for being so bloody generous with their sizes hehe ;)
Except they are a bit short for my long legs so there are a couple of bare inches above the ankle where the fabric kinda nips in with an elasticated bit. Grr. I love having long legs but it's annoying when bottoms/trousers/leggings are designed for a max height of 5'6 and I'm a whopping 6" taller... Everything is too short :( dresses barely cover my bum too! Have tried on a few onesies but I'm just too tall for them *weeps* :p I do look ridiculous in them though anyway LOL.

Getting into the 14 stone range also means I hit the checkpoint of 75% of my first target lost! Just noticed that from my ticker, as my first goal is exactly 100lbs :D
Can't wait to get into 'One-derland' in 9lbs time!

x

wwwwooooooooooo hhhhooooooooooo!!!!!!!
well done!!!!! :D xx loving the excitement!

Thanks guys :)

Had a weird day today... Aunt flow decided to be a total b*tch and show up in the middle of nowhere. My last period was early and barely there at all (had me doubting if it even was a period) and this one is early too but heavy :S so weird.

Food today, RED:
_______

B- yoghurt and fruit

L- Got suddenly hungry at lunch time an literally ate a salad out of the fridge one ingredient at a time LOL. Had a few bits of yesterday's leftover chicken (4 bites), part of a bag of mixed leaves, a hard boiled egg and dipped the lot into salad cream light :p (2) was in a rush so barely ate anything really and still havent hadnt had dinner :S

D - (edit) had steaks and chicken.to use up so made skewers withe peppers and onions on and a side salad. Cooked them on the george forman grill- sweet! +2 for sauces.

Snacks - pineapple, activia

Drinks- 1/4 of a strongbow; was feeling so crap that I hoped it would help but gave up after a few glugs. Will give it 3 syns.

Syns: 7
______

The outcome of two projects I was waiting for info on have both gone tits up today :( so depressed and with * week and all have just wasted the day trying to avoid it all *sigh* have fallen back into the mindset I recently broke out of (for the first time in years!) but am hoping * week is the cause. Guess that is why I was so stressed when my sisters were over. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back