Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Hey lovelies!

PMS is taking the biscuit! And the chocolates! Cramps and insane sugar cravings :( I had about 25 syns and 4 hexB's yest, I was so close to doing a huge binge but I managed to just go over by a small bag of milky buttons, half a tin of lychees, a bowl of bran flakes and a chewyD so could have been worse. Calories wise I think it sucked though as I had a big snacky yoghurt and banana meddly as well as 3 big meals and two bowls of cereal- so like 6 meals?! The cravings have sucked!! Cant remember them ever being this strong.
So far I have only had the most miniscule amount of blotting, barely there. Just want it over with!!

Looking back at the +2 I am even happier with the realisation that it includes the fondue ;)
Rochelle, +10 is insane!! Last time I had +6 the day after the flight when I got my period that day, by mid week WI I had dropped 10 :eek: again, please!!

Cheeky- will do a test with the HRM vs map my walk some time but MMW definitely overestimated that time I was rollerskating- 150cal in a few mins of gliding along lol?! For that exercise day the other day I was doing quite vigerous sessions of star jumps and skipping (without a rope though) and stuff.

Yesterday I had such a couch potato day! Couldnt face dress shopping, had woken up at 7am :eek: the day really dragged (I usually get up at noon!!) but I did about 6hrs of reading on my kobo (after about 4hrs of trying to un-brick it :mad: turns out it wont accept any cable other than the EXACT one that came in the box, even though I have 4 other identical cables as my phone uses the same one!!)

I finished one book, 'Candy' about heroim junkies (really brutal at parts) and read about 20% of another before dropping it, ('Disco Bloodbath' - a memoir about a murder case. the drag queen POV was driving me crazy, way too flamboyant and annoying! I will watch the film instead which is called Party Monster- anyone seen it? Stars Seth Green and Mculckin (can never spell that Home Alone kid's name lol)) I started reading Fear and Loating in Las Vegas instead which I am very much enjoying :D havent seen the film either so no spoilers please!

Travel itinerary still needs work but I have been so exhausted since I got back from Doobz. Nothing booked yet but the countries will be as follows in this order:

Japan (3wks) > South Korea (3days) > China (3wks) > Hong Kong (3days) > Cambodia (1wk) > Thailand (4wks) > Singapore (3days) > Bali (10-14days) :D

In Thailand we are going to spend a week volunteering at this animal place where part of the daily routine is bottle feeding the baby leopard and tiger and lion cubs OMG. :D

Less than a month to go so we really need to get finalising stuff! Cant book until I hear about if Dubai shoots on 4-5th April are confirmed though.

Ooh who is the author of candy? I'd love to read that, the film with heath ledger is one of my favourites :)

Well done with getting on the exercise wagon xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Holy crap- I haf no idea it was a film haha!! Cant wait to check thst out now :D The novel is by Luke Davies.

I burnt 360cal today- I jogged circuits around my attic bedroom (one loop worked out 9-10 sec) and I kept going for 12.5 mins :O omg! I didnt get the lung pain at all! Only stopped because a) I got bored and B) needed to pee :p cant believe I was jogging for that long- barely managed a few 60sec bouts when I attempted c25k a couple of weeks ago... I wonder if thr difference is being barefoot or the lack of cold air or... I have no idea! I wasnt pausig though and the loop was continuous... Wow!
Calves already really ached from Sunday's exercise so now they hurt even more!
I'm on a fast day today, *week sill hasnt properly materialised, and I havent had a meal yet but am on the bus into town. I havent bern hungry really, teas and exercise seem to have helped that, and I havent had cravings either which is SO NICE compared to yesterday!!
Fast day might get scrapped later if I feel too weak out amd about shopping as I am quite far from home and might get too weak (fasting combimed with pms + exercise) but so far so good.
I'm going to grab a salad/cold low cal meal at sainsburys when I get off the bus so I can tuck in when the hunger ripens. Feeling a bit weak though and kinda cba to go shopping but I want to see what style dress I want to order so will try some on in Camden. Left it a bit late really and everything will close after just a coupla hrs- doh! But will go to oxford street after where shops are open later and I can get some travel outfits together- really need some shortd that are comfy and wont make me chaffe! Anyone got tips for chaffing thghs? :rolleyes: the only way I've found around it is leggings... Cant walk around bare thighed in heat :/

I used my HRM walking to the bus stop (15mins) and it saif I burnt 100cal :S seems a bit much? Maybe not... I dont know...! So far I have 460cal burnt so with the walking while shopping I'll be looking at canceling out all the fast day cals I eat- ha! I read someone who does this while exercising on fast days and feels fine, so I dont think it's a dodgy thing to do (in case anyone thinks I'm being silly!) lots of people exercise as normal on down days.
X

Well done with all the exercise and thanks for the heads up on the author. The film is amazing so emotional I thought you'd have seen it miss film buff x

What's HRM? I really want one of those polar watches that count calorie burn! X

Ginger- haha I am no film buff! I shoot films but I dont really watch many *blush* except current releases in the cinema! No attention span for watching films on a normal tv!

Rochelle- HRM stands for Heart rate monitor- I'm talking about my new Polar :D I love it! I'm not entirely sure of the accurancy (lots if debate online, some articles say they overestimate up to 33% for women's calories burnt) but either eay it is just exciting to get an estimate, to see which actions I do burn thr most and even if it were completely wrong it totally spurs me on :D I was thinking of maybe setting myself an easy to reach daily target, 200cal maybe, something I know wont take too long so I can push through it on lazy days.

Today I had the HRM running while shopping but mainly was mooching around (when 'resting' it doesnt accurately measure calories) so I'll just count the 45mins of walking from bus stops in my tally today which came to 250cal burnt. So that's 610 burnt and 600 eaten today- phew!

Didnt find anything in Camden, felt so drained and the dresses were all cheap (yet overpriced). I guess I'll just order one amd hope it fits/looks OK!
Lunch was a thai green curry with chicken, 219cal and pretty gross actually but filled me at least! Also had a whole bag of salad (30cal). Dinner was a WW hotpot (230cal) with some spinach. Remaining calories covrered milk and splenda in teas, a few strawberries, 1L squash and a few thin slices of chicken. Feel full now but nervous about sweet cravings later- early night on the cards methinks!! X

MrsGinger- Just watched Candy! I liked it, but it is much dreamier/more pleasant than the book... Just a heads up in case you want to read it! The book is DARK and really, really gritty- unpleasantly so... Very detailed with all the gory injecting and withdrawal stuff, quite nauseating at times even! The film was quite true to the book but skipped out on a lot of the gory details and it seemed romanticised... I did enjoy it though! Thought it would be more like Requiem for a Dream as that's the kinda feel of the book. That's on my to-read list too ;) I have a strange fascination with drug related fiction!

Fast day is all done and dusted as I'm heading to bed now. Phew. It was a REAL challenge in Camden where there are hundreds of greasy food stands and I walked past the main section of them twice! I really, really felt like binging at one point... I thought "I've done so well to do a fast day up until now, I could just break it and it would balance out to a normal day..." lol! Break it with uber greasy food? Who was I kidding :p I didn't though and I'm glad, especially as it puts me in a mental place of: I can do this. Yesterday I really was feeling down about the cravings and over synning/hexing, today I feel like I've pushed through a detox.
I'll try and do a good Red day tomorrow and then on Thurs I'm having lunch with Dad so might allow myself an off plan meal... We'll probably go to his fave pizza place and OMG I've been CRAVING it today! They do a really good cheesy garlic bread pizza starter so I might share that with dad and then have a healthy main (had fish last time). We'll see!

*week still looms without presence... Gahhh! Just come and go already pleaaaase! x

Hey matey!
It's kinda annoying that the HRM and stuff are pretty expensive, but there's so much debate over reliability and accuracy :confused:
But any idea of what's going on is good! I think that's why a like MapMyWalk, I have no perception of distance so amazing to think I generally walk half a mile in 10mins with the dogs. I like that :) But yeah, still think the calories are a little over enthusiastic lol!

Sorry to hear the cravings were so bad yesterday. It sounded absolutely awful!! Think you did really well to stick to mostly SW friendly foods considering. And amazing sticking to a fast day today when you had so much temptation out shopping.

I've not read any Hunter S Thompson yet, but I love the films. Esp Fear and Loathing, it's fantastic. You'll have to watch it soon :D It's pretty funny! I've not seen or read Candy tho. xx

Pmt sucks majorly. I used to get it really bad pre pill but its much milder now.

If you like drug related books give a million little pieces a go, its by james frey I think. Also Junk is pretty good for an easy but honest read, its a young adult book but I read it in my early twenties and enjoyed it, think melvin burgess wrote it.

Oh- I have Junk on my kobo I think!
My PMS has been particularly bad this cycle... Just saw in callendar that I am due tomorrow not yest, not that I am that regular anyway but have been waiting patiently for it hoping it would be 3 days cleared by thurs midweek WI- Doh! Oh well. X

Oh I've seen requiem so i will happily read a grittier book :) thanks for the heads up x

Sooo achy today! I feel pumped and want to exercise but every step downstairs is like "owowowww!" and my neck/upper back kill! Maybe I'm not warming up/cooling down enough? Any fitness fanatics let me in on the guidelines they follow? I'm a bit impatient with warming up and to be honest I have no idea what cooling down is actually effective :rolleyes:

Are you drinking enough water? That's one of the main reasons people get achey and remember its important to keep hydrated before and after exercise as well as during.
Cooling down is mostly about stretching, its hard to explain how to do stretches properly, maybe youtube could help?!
As for warming up thats mainly to gently increase your HR and some ppl also do stretches as part of a warm up.

What Summer said! Cooling down is definitely all about stretching!! Definitely look it up. And yeah, warming up is just that, slowly increasing your heart rate and "warming" your muscles. You will start to feel warm if you do it properly :) Just don't stretch "cold"!!! Make sure you warm up a little first.
I'm pretty sure you could find video's or advice.xx

Thanks guys! I do drink plenty but I defintely dont make enough efdort to do stretches. Kettleworx has a warm up and cool down 'built in' so I kinda get the idea there.

Nice on plan Red day today:
_______

B: nat ff yog, splenda, banana, pear, maple syrup (1)

L: loads of roast veg (peppers, onions, carrots and courgette) with some chicken, melted cheese (HexA1) and side of raw spinach. About 80% superfree! Also HexB for olive oil.

Dessert: banana split with whipped cream, marshmallow fluff and maple syrup (4)

D- small amount of leftover spicy bolognase, spinach and salad, fried egg

Snacks: fruit winder sort of thing (3 syns), options hot choc with mini marshmallows (3), bowl of Hexy cereal (2 for syrup), some more nat ff yoghurt.

Syns: 13
_______

Quite a snacky day but meals themselves werent very big. This morn was full on thinking about having a bingy post-fast csrby day but once I'd had breakfast that notion dissolved- phew!

Geeg came over and we had such an awesome/bonding chat about quite deep stuff, mainly about depression, our relationships and career stuff, felt really nice as I let my guard down and felt quite 'real'; I often feel quite strained socially and put up a lot of boundaries, but I've known her since I was 10 and she is a safe friend... This is probably the most I'd ever opened up to her though! Felt really good :D

No exercise yet today but might try do some soon. Am going to have a semi off plan meal with my dad tomorrow as a treat after the fast + veg heavy red day, might just split a garlic bread pizza starter with him or something as I'm guessing we'll be going to his fave Italian by his work, thrn can get a fish main or something a bit healthier to balancebit (the garlic pizza bread is huge and veeery cheesy :D)

Haha turns out dad wants to do a heathy salad lunch so probs wont have a splurge after all! Ah well, not too fussed and feeling good about an on plan day where I actually stayed within syns for once lol!

Oh yeah mid week WI tomorrow but no show of *wk yet fjfjfkfcdnjs!! So am not expecting a great weigh. X

Cheesy garlic bread: drool!

Banana split: drool! That sounds amazing! and for so few syns!! Well done!

Glad you managed to talk to your friend. I really find talking helps. Especially when you've known her for so long. I'm lucky as my best friend has had very similar experiences to me (we're both a bit f***ed up) and so we often talk about stuff. I always find it strange how things affect you in different ways as you grow older...

Anyway, glad you had a good day!xx

OMG guys stop drooling at the cheesy garlic bread I now wont be having :( LOL! I dont want to torture my dad if he is being good- he is so so so morbidly obese that it is a real relief when he does try and be good!!

My mum is trying to arrange a lunch thing with grand parents for the 20th- I asked if we can do it sooner as I'd rather break up the naughty days a bit (dad's 50th party on 22nd, post do lunch on 23rd!) crap- it is all so soon now and then Bahrain on 27th and Dubai on 3rd April then travels!!
Saddens me to realise now that the chance of me losing more pre travels is so, so low :( but at the same time motivates me to be good tomorrow, why have a treat that will put me back when I have already had such a bad weekend and have all this off plan stuff ahead between the travels I want to be slimmer for? *sigh*

Def will keep exercising at least, I am determined that I can tone my arms slightly more in the next 3 weeks!

Back