Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Soooo... Have just signed up for a shoot in Dubai leaving on Sunday... Anyone wanna bet I'll get the 2lb gain off just in time to put it back on again? :( I REALLY need to sort this out or it's going to be an endless spiral!
On the plus note- yay, Dubai! I am psyched to not have to wear an abayah and will actually be able to use the pool and have fun out there :D

-4lbs today!! :D yay, the gain is gone and an extra 2lbs!!

I got my period this morning and it seems quite a routine thing that I lose the water weight from *week the day I get it, so this is my post *week loss ;) but still, am so relieved!
ALSO I was wrong about the shoot on Mon- it's actually not until December LOL whoops... So Yay- I won't be putting it straight back on!! :p but I am out partying tomorrow night so will be drinking my weight in alcohol units :rolleyes:
Am relieved though :) 13st 9lbs, 3lbs away from HEALTHY BMI and the lightest weight I got to about 7 months ago ish! Yay :)
Fighting the chocolate cravings today but had a super super healthy lunch of just loads of broccoli and boiled carrots- was meant to throw a couple of hard boiled eggs in but forgot haha, but I figured a slightly boring and very low calorie lunch will forgive some chocolate later :p it was definitely filling! 2 carrots and half a broccoli. Also I ate way too much cereal last night and feel bad :p

x

Had a great time dancing my socks off dressed as wonder woman at the superheros vs villains theme rock night :D drank my weight in syns- at least 50 I'd say! But today have been super healthy without much effort- have been too lazy to cook so had a leftover cold salmon fillet and cottage cheese, salad and beetroot for lunch- really yum! Dinner was a greek salad from a greek take away as I was starving on my way home; no olive oil but feta as hexA and added a couple of hard boiled eggs. Had a banana and muller as a snack and for dessert an alpro soya pot. Overall a pretty low calorie day- especially good since I spent the afternoon out I think :D today felt like proper diet food but I really enjoyef it! Nice having different components with salad (beetroot, feta, cottage cheese...)

So am not feeling too guilty about last night, and boy did I need a good night out! :D

Hey matey!
YAY for the 4lb loss. Get in :D

Sounds like you had an awesome night dancing too. And a great day today!!

That's good about the shoot being in December instead. Will give you a bit of a break from these up and down days on shoots and travelling. It must be really difficult to deal with!! And I'm not surprised your eating goes a bit crazy!

Hope you have a nice day tomorrow too.xx

Haha I really need to knuckle down on how I eat when out there though- no excuses for how I chocolate binge :/ but I find many invalid ones at the time :p

It's very difficult to eat healthily when on holiday - I just did a post on my diary about it lol!! It's especially hard when you have other people with you who really don't care or need to watch what they eat. I always get swept along with it!!
Just hope it's not too difficult or gets you down.xx

As soon as I am on the plane to a work shoot (I always sit alone/away from colleagues) I go into pig mode! I just hate sitting still- same at cinemas- I instantly turn to food to calm my ADHD lol... And then while away I'm under the mindset of "oh well, I already f*cked up on the plane, another billion syns cant hurt!"
I really think it is a mentality I need to snap out of... Comfort eating o cover my fidgetty boredom on flights/at the cinema!

Did a naughty mid week WI because I suck at sticking to my word re: WI's ;)
-1lb :D even after binge drinking on a night out on Fri... Woop! It is that time in the cycle...
Apetite has been low this weekend which is nice.
So technically -5 in a week- insane! Though 2lbs of that was shaving off the gain from Saudi... I seem to get one big loss like this after PMS bloating and then nada for the rest of the month :rolleyes: need to remember this when I start getting panicky/down about no losses mid cycle.

Am now like 1.5lbs away from a HEALTHY BMI :D ahhh!
X

Last edited:
I bought some [FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif, tahoma]Weetabix Oaty Bar Toffee Dazzler bars from poundland because they looked yum and were only 80cal- turns out one can be a HexB! They are SO NICE! A real treat... Quite small considering you only get one, but really fills that sweet desire... I think I prefer them to Chewy Delights [/FONT]:eek: and they're from poundland! Have been bored of Alpen Lights which I only really get because you get 2 for a HexB, meaning they are good for handbag as you get more fulfilment out of them if hungry... But they're only 10 cal less and these are epically nicer and less than half the price! Yum :)

There are other varieties as HexB too, will look out for them! 1 x Toffee Dazzler or Rainbow Smashems or Milk Chocolate or Strawberry Crusher flavour Weetabix Oaty bar = HexB
P.s. there's a recent HexB list here for anyone interested: Healthy Extras - Slimming World nice to mix things up a bit when new things become a Hex!
x

Burnt 500 cal yesterday doing a strength/cardio mixed work out for 1.5hrs (made it up as I went along) focusing on arms with weights, some boxercise and jogging and press ups etc. Am a ball of ache today and knew this meant it would be bad to WI but did anyway :p +2! Whoops! Ignoring that as I'm pretty sure it's just from water retention from the work out... Though I did have a bit of a cheat day a couple of days ago- had a bread day! A bagel with grilled cheese and later 2 slices of white toast! But the calorie estimate for the day wasn't above normal really.

Have been a bit relaxed about diet this week but am still going to peg this gain to the exercise ;) really need to work on my arms... Have been going through some travel pics and my arms really let down so many nice photos! Want them better by India travels in a month but am seriously lazy at the moment. :(

Completely sympathise with how hard you find it when you're away on your shoots. I was just writing in my diary how I reeeeallly need to try and stay on plan when I'm away this year or I'll just keep yo-yoing and losing weight I've already lost. Dunno about you but it always feels so demotivating losing a gain. You're doing great though, nearly back to your lowest, yay! :)

Sorry to hear you've been feeling so up and down. You looked bloody amazing in the wonder woman pics you put on FB :) Looks like you had a great night too!

Ooh and I agree about the cinema, it doesn't stimulate me anywhere near as much as a good book. I find myself getting bored a lot of the time and want to look at my phone or do something! I love watching movies at home as I can just cuddle a cat or go online or something, but I'm starting to really dislike trips to the cinema for that reason, by the time I've sat through half an hour of ads I just want to leave! :rolleyes:

CT - I suck at watching films at home because I just zone out on my laptop and end up not watching! :p Cinema I'm kinda forced to watch, but then I just stuff myself- grr!
It is totally demotivating to work so hard to lose a gain... My lowest (13st6lbs) was a bit of a fluke and then I gained 2lbs out of no-where then went to Saudi and gained more then got back and went straight to Japan- but it is still nuts to think that in March I was 13st 6 and it's now bloody September and I'm only just getting close again :( but the experiences were worth not stressing over :) and I think I did really well on the first 1.5 months away, just lost my mojo in the last half... So hopefully in India I won't start binge eating crap like I did in Bali :p

Rochelle- you didn't love the wheatabix bars!? :O I find them so moreish!! Lucky you on poundland stocking Alpen light :O mine only stocks the non-light ones... I might stock up soon before the trip so I have grabables for these long car rides we've got ahead.
Bloody arms are so annoying! I enjoy dressing in winter and having them covered :p

Yesterday was pretty healthy :) I had a big breakfast of scrambled eggs, a sausage, fried onion and baked beans, then a really late lunch- a tuna salad with light salad cream and a hard boiled egg, then a bowl of raisin wheats in the eve. Salads never fill me up long so I always feel kinda proud when I've managed to have one as a meal and haven't had an extra meal on top of it :p hehe.
x

Having a weird week... Have really been off of meat, just havent wanted it :/ sadly, all my body does seem to want is dairy and carbs- namely porridge, eggs, yoghurt and banana with peanut butter :/
Am off plan but still eating diet conscious, just cant face the red days when so anti meat. Have kinda not been on plan for ages really, just conscious of what I am putting in and general calories, and I did lose 5lbs recently so cant be too bad! But this week hasnt been a great one for diet, depression is ripe again, some days are OK but as soon as I slow down and chill I get very stressed and unhappy.
Big sainsburys shop coming tomorrow including cottage cheese and Taste the difference beetroot which I had combined last week and really enjoyed :p looking forward to that.

Family were over yest and I made them a quick cheesy pasta pesto but opted out knowing how crazy my pasta cravings/bloating gets when I treat myself :p had oats instead.

+3 since last mon (an extra pound up from Thurs) - not good! One bender early in the week has made me lose the plot! I have barelt eaten veggies, overly snacking rather than meals... Mainly carby cereal/porridge and een sometimes bread :/ I can see exactly where I went wrong and I think I need to go cold turkey off carbs again to get back on track, they are just too tempting otherwise :(

Sounds like you really struggle with the carbs. +3 seems a bit high but I know I gain a lot from blowouts so I know it's easy to do! My cousin cut pasta out cos she couldn't just have a little bit she always wanted masses of it and now only has it on weigh in nights and she said she's less bloated etc x

Hey matey!
Sorry to see that things have been a bit tough this last week. It's so difficult to try and eat healthily and stick to a plan when depression's bad. I crave more bad stuff when my depression or anxiety are worse. Wonder if it's cravings from producing stress hormones? Similar to what happens with ME?
Whatever the reason it sucks and I really do sympathise!
3lbs on is absolute balls as well :( xx

Thanks guys :( today's mid week WI is another half pound (it was +2.5 before so now +3 I guess). My mojo is so f*cked :(
I really did find it so much easier when I was cold turkey off the carbs but as Cheeky said - it's so hard when depressed to not binge comfort eat at times and to force extra pain on yourself I just havent been able to get theough those first 4 days of carb withdrawral cravings- by the eve of day one I cave and have cereal *sigh* :(
Feeling rotten about it... I think I ahould go back to logging food and realising that I am way over-hexing, might embarass me into taking some action... But I so can't be ars*d right now :(
I havent eaten THAT bad at all, just excessive with cereal, had a treat flapjack that, on comparing it's size to the tiny 400cal costa one, was probably 800 cal or something!! F*ck.
I was out in town the other day again- had a healthy salad but got hungry again 1.5hrs later, went to Pod for some healthy food but ended up blowing 400 cal (on top of the 300 cal salad) on this disgusting stuff that cost £6.50 then was so depressed (just generally but this food stuff made it worse) that I bought and ate 2/3rds of a 250cal PB kitkat. So much fail.
Arrrrrgh!! I just want to scream! I have been on this f*cking diet 1.5 years and have never struggled staying on plan until now- and now I just hate the lot and am so bored with being obsessed with food and weight :'(

Hey dude!
Things must be pretty tough head-wise for you to be struggling so much with food :( I'm so sorry. And it's so easy to get stuck and end up in a bit of a depression/junk food loop when things are so bad!
Can you think of anything you normally do that could help? Would a day out somewhere with G taking photo's and having a bit of fun help? Or a day off somewhere in a coffee place writing or reading or just surfing the interweb by yourself? Could be worth a try. Even if it's a struggle to actually do it and get out it might help :) Easier said than done tho.

Try not to focus too much on the bad food. How about the "one meal at a time" approach? Say 3 meals and a snack a day, but break it down in to those. Work on just one great, healthy meal a day and then build it up. Can't imagine cutting out carbs cold turkey will help you at the moment and will just make you feel miserable.

Oh mate I really wish I could help or just give you a big hug.xx

Back