Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

If I were to make a recommendation based on personal experience, I would say avoid norgeston like the plague. I got put on it because my doctor assured me my weight left me no other options (even though my blood pressure was perfect). I cried...for months. It did what it was supposed to, but that was generally because I was so miserable, my other half didn't want to come near me. My periods were all over the place, 2 in one month, then none for maybe 4 months and so on. I also gained most of the weight that I have now lost in that first year or so on it.
As you have said tho, everyone has a different reaction

Miss_Taken that sounds so awful :( I totally feel your pain as although this pill has made me depressed another of the half doazen I tried made me an absolute mess! One of them made me get hysterical when I was hungry with like no warning!!
My libido has been insane this week while breaking from the pill- usually these days it is non existent! Am mean to start next strip tomorrow but wont... Will see how things are over the next couple of cycles... Am generally a very depressive person anyway but there has definitely been a trend of good patches during the pill break around period!

Yesterday was soooo bad syns wise! Drank loads of cider and tequila, went bowling and then had friends back at ours- we set up the smoke machine and lasers we have and our bedroom was a disco! :D so fun! Attached some pics.
Neighbour complained about noise so we packed it up and played cards against humanity which was a lot of fun with 8 people! I noshed hard though on choc fingers and doritoes ;( also earlier made birthday brownies for my friends (joint bday for three people) which were SO NICE and I kinda overlicked the spoon AND ate two :p and there is one leftover that has my name on.

Having a fantastic valentines day with my new found libido (lol) have literally been in bed all day (have been playing video games in here too hehe).
Today is off plan too, V day- treat day! Miiight have a take away later... And tomorrow G's mum is cooking so I will have whatever they make and probably some wine and pudding. Mon back on plan then Thurs off to Dubai, this week WI was STS but feel like next week a gain is inevitable ;(

Attachments

• 1423933916717.jpg
    1423933916717.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 1423933944748.jpg
    1423933944748.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 69
Thanks hun, i got past it eventually, although it did involve changing doctors too before i finally got some help. Enjoy your valentines day, sounds like a well times side effect, bet G is delighted ;) hope coming off the pill helps your depression, it sucks being in that spiral and haywire hormones really do not help x

The pill is evil! Lol. I've only tried a couple and hated them. My Sister tried the same ones too and had the same horrific side effects as me - the worst being constant period for 6 months. F*ck that ;)
As you know, I'm always raving about the injection because it's AWESOME :p And doesn't make my depression worse either! Plus, better skin, it's not supposed to effect weight, etc, etc.... I very rarely have a period, usually just the occasional spotting or one day period.
I am having to come off that soon though because I've probably been on it too long. Going to try the implant because it's the exact same drug. It's not as reliable at stopping periods tho, but I figure it's worth a try.

Sounds like you had a great couple of days too :D xx

Hey guys :) has been a while since I checked in.
I've been to and from the Middle East for work filming; I was back for a DAY on Weds, 8hr flights either side- was feeling rough re: diet, on flights I just... I just suck. I get the munchies like I do at the cinema, I eat loads of chocolate and I hate myself for it. Then I feel like I've f*cked up so on the shoots am more lenient towards the expensive chocolate lying on the tables at the party, as it perks me up when I'm feeling crap about the shoot or low energy or whatever.

Anyway, today on the contrary has been awesome- I had the day off (flying home tomorrow) and I went to the hotel gym for an hour and burnt 500 cal according to my polar! I did a bit of treadmill, a lot of spinning on the bike (was playing sudoku on the bike machine and watching nat geo on the tv above to pass time!) and I used this arm strength machine a bit too. I found the whole thing pretty dull but I decided to push through and just grin and bear it and I feel so good for it.
Food wise today I have been soooo healthy! Not only no noshy treats but no aspartame, no MSG, only fresh foods and no meat either. I woke up a few hours after late night (post shoot) to go to the breakfast buffet where I ordered scrambled eggs with no oil and with veg in, I had some porridge and some fruit and alpen then went back to sleep. Lunch was entirely fruit that I nabbed from breakfast- papaya! Mmmm... And I had a yoghurt too (full fat activia, but kinda prefer the idea of full fat 140cal than aspartame filled 80cal version at the moment...)
Loads of fruit snacking and now I'm going to have something light for dinner, maybe a bowl of wheatabix or a cuppa porridge since I'm in the hotel room and limited as to supplies.

Being so healthy and making an exercise effort today has given me such a happiness boost and I'm thinking (hoping) it will give me some courage to stop over noshing tomorrow :p I am going to pack less treats anyway!

Potentially am only going to be home for a day before another flight day though ;( might be shooting again on Tuesday and Thursday... Really hate how out of balance I get diet wise while traveling!! I am aching to lose weight!
Also on my shoot I only had 3 chocolates so I feel like I've made up for the awful flight day of nosh the day before :p

Hope you guys are doing well. I have noticed a difference in my hunger levels since stopping the pill (and an amazing libido increase) but am still getting bouts of depression and cravings.
x

Busy busy!! I honestly don't know how you cope with all those flights and long shoots. Superwoman :D

Glad you had a healthy day that really boosted your mood. It makes such a difference doesn't it?! I had a couple of big walks with Dave this week while Pinta is out of commission and they really boosted my mood. Especially the one I did on Monday. I'd been at a course all weekend and was shattered, had to drop Pinta off at work at 8:15 Monday morning, got home and took Dave to meet Caz and her dogs in a big park by mine and we walked for almost 2 hours. It was cold, but sunny and really nice. And Dave is such a joy to walk time flies and it's very relaxing :) I felt good that day even though I was knackered and I had to go to work at 4 for a late shift.

Good luck with the rest of your shoots and flights. Every good day counts!!! xx

Yeah, I wish I could push myself to exercise more or get into a routine as I do feel better for it!
2lb gain this week arrrggghhh. I am so bored of this, back up to 14st and am flying Thurs for 10 days away in Qatar again ;( more living out of a hotel room and snacking rather than cooked meals... might try get into a routine of half an hour a day at the hotel gym.

The past 3 weeks have been mental travel wise; 4 return trips to the Middle east, 5 days at home (spilt over 3 occaisions - so often just for a DAY with 10hr flight days either side- arghhh) and a total of 14 flights if including the connecting ones... SHEESH. Was so stressed and am now glad to be home without bookings for a few weeks (though they're often last minute!)

This past week I've turned a new leaf though and I'm feeling really good- I managed to do a week of healthy! Even on the flights and at the events where the desserts tables and chocolates everywhere are calling, I stayed good :O I'll have no doubt lost a couple of pounds from the past week but sadly didn't weigh in after the last trip (since was only back for a day and flights always bloat me a couple of pounds for about 36hrs) and THAT trip I would have gained- so will probably even out...

Coming off the pill took a while to show differences but I think this week's being in control is probably because my hormones have straightened out- I haven't desired chocolate much at all!
I made a big tub of brown rice and veg (more veg than rice!) and took it on the flight to Doha the other day so I could eat that when hungry instead of the bready crap they give out on the plane- it was amazing! That flight I only had 100cal of choc treats which is unheard of for me as I usually nosh constantly! Being able to avoid nosh on two long flights last week, AND on the shoots, and while eating out of a hotel room- has taught me that I CAN do it (in my head before, the idea of staying good while on flights/shoots was literally impossible!) so I'm hoping that change will stick now :) definitely have more confidence... Preparation and determination are key.

I just made some more veg/rice stuff today, a huge vat of it with kidney beans, peppers, onions, tomato... It's really filling and I avoided putting in flavourings with MSG etc so it feels like really clean eating and I'm going to eat more of that. I think the whole thing about carbs with me is mainly white wheat pasta/bread, so I'm thinking small portions of brown rice will be OK... Hoping, anyway! And it is so much easier to have that ready and be able to eat it straight away than have to cook up veg/meat each time... I'm going to have it with lots of broccoli too, I want that meal to be about 75% veg to keep the carbs low.
I didn't get to head to the gym on the last couple of trips but I did stay active on days off rather than slugging about in the hotel room. I really reaaaally want to work on my arms more before my stepmother's birthday do in just under 3 weeks but guess I won't make much progress *sniff*! Am not feeling hugely motivated exercise wise either.

Anyway, coming off the pill wise my hair has gotten greasier again (boo! Day after washing it sucks again, but on pill was going 3 days easy!) and am getting the odd pimple but nothing crazy; libido is waaay better and now I think appetite stuff is settling again too. Depression is kinda hard to gauge because of circumstances but I doubt it's massively changed.

Have been mainly off the aspartame recently but it didn't seem to affect my cravings before so **** it :p haha.

OK that's my update! Peace out x

Welcome back!! For now ;)

It's amazing what you've managed to achieve over the last week. Absolutely incredible :D I can't even begin to imagine how difficult all the flights, very late nights working, and being surrounded by crazy amounts of food must be. You should be really, really proud of yourself :)

I think it's good to be prepared with food. I know I have my worse days when I haven't planned for something I should and think f*ck it! Rice and veggies is a great idea, really filling and should control some sugar cravings with slow release carbs.

I'm glad you feel much better after coming off the pill - apart from greasy hair and some spots. I had the implant fitted a couple of weeks ago - WITHOUT anaesthetic :O No issues so far tho and I really hope it works. Not looking forward to having it removed, so hope it works just so I don't have to have it out before the 3 years is up ;) xx

Hey Cheeky! Sadly despite all my current motivation and a week of good I'm still up 1.5lbs :( I'm guessing from the previous trip as I didn't WI between. SIGH. Gutted. Am up to 14st 2lbs now :( keeping at it and yesterday was another good food day but sadly I really want a drink, want to have a blow out drinks night on Friday but know it'll just undo good efforts arghh.

How was the coil fitting? I couldn't hack an anesthetic and the whole coil thing makes me super squeamish!

Hey there!

Just nipping past as I have just skimmed through most of your diary over a good few days and it's honestly like having a book you can't put down! Never came across any so open and honest so mega shout out for that, takes balls.

Congratulations on your weight loss! Makes my 3 stone seem much more reachable. Fell of the wagon a bit this past week but can officially say I raring to get back on it. Going to try out a days fast for damage control from the last week....don't want to see my weight loss halved because of 1 week!

Very inspiring diary for all areas of life :D

Hey dude!
I hope your gain has buggered off soon. I managed to gain 5lb in just over a week (my body SUCKS!) but I did manage to magic away 2lbs overnight on Monday, so at least a little better. It's so frustrating isn't it?! Neither of us have had a great year weight wise. But look at all the awesome things you got to do! And I got back to work and have a sort of normal life again. Hoping now that things are slightly more stable I will get my head sorted and stop faffing! How long until you have another work trip? If they don't throw in a last minute one.
Wish I could give you advice on having a drink. But I think that one is up to you!

Oh no, ick, I didn't get a coil - they gross me out beyond anything. I had the implant fitted, the one that goes in your arm. Nowhere near the lady bits lol! xx

Hey Cheeky! Ohhh implant! That would FREAK ME OUT lol!!

I am like 8lbs above what I was last year- so annoying!! I do feel like my apetite is much reduced since coming off the pill now though. Ended up having three ciders yesterday at two different pub meets with friends! Enjoyed myself but am annoyed at that too. When I am home I just sit on my ass a lot ;( no good! Need more body magic. Yesterday I was doing bicep curls while walking back from bus stop with food shopping LOL.

Next booked trip is in like a month but apparently there is a lot of stuff coming in for april that just hasnt confirmed with deposit yet, so who knows!
Today I have a lazy day planned so might try and do some wii exercise or something... Am still in bed though and dont wanna get up!

Last edited:
Hey there!

Just nipping past as I have just skimmed through most of your diary over a good few days and it's honestly like having a book you can't put down! Never came across any so open and honest so mega shout out for that, takes balls.

Congratulations on your weight loss! Makes my 3 stone seem much more reachable. Fell of the wagon a bit this past week but can officially say I raring to get back on it. Going to try out a days fast for damage control from the last week....don't want to see my weight loss halved because of 1 week!

Very inspiring diary for all areas of life :D

Hi Tracybelle!! Thanks so much for the kind words! It is probably like trying to read 8 books at the rate I waffle on here haha! Am really glad my diary can help motivate though :)
Really sucks how easy it is to gain from a week off plan isnt it?! Especially when that week wasnt half as bad as previous lifestyle yet the scales are a b*tch about it! ;(
Hope you get back on plan OK...

The best way that works for me is trying to aim for like two full days 100% and once past that I try to get my own mojo back! Though these days I seem to have my own ideas about everything so never 100% it and never lose weight LOL I should spot the pattern!
X

I'm a bit out of choices with contraception really. I can't be "natural" and allow periods or I wouldn't be able to leave the house! The pills make it worse and I REALLY don't want a coil. Luckily, I'm not freaked out about the implant really. The thought of having it removed is freaking me out a bit, but if all goes well I won't have to worry about it for 3 years lol. All going well so far so I really hope it stays this way!!

I really do understand how frustrating the gains are and life stuff getting in the way. It's so difficult to cope with being on and off plan all the time and having stressy jobs to do. I know half a stone is a big deal, BUT considering how far you've come it's small fry ;) But I really do get it, it feels like we've ruined all the progress we made. At least you still have SW in mind and you are thinking about body magic. I do that with bags sometimes if I think I can cope with it lol! And also carrying stuff in work (not animals!!) LOL!xx

Haha I know! But I feel the difference in that half stone, probably in my head quite a bit but I dont feel as slim ;(
How comes you stopped the injection? Just trying something new?

Have been healthy today but tomorrow is looking like a booze blow out sighhhh, not sure how else I could enjoy a night at a gay club that plays awful music whilr my friend tries to pull! Lol!

Oh no, I completely agree for you. Even half a stone makes a hell of a difference!!

I've had to come off the injections, you're only supposed to be on them straight for 3 years. I've had breaks in the past, but it's been a while. And I wanted to do it before I was forced to make a decision. My Sister was offered one last injection and then she would have to change to something, and she has the same issues as me. I would have been happy on the injection for ever, I really would.

Yeah even I might have to get drunk tomorrow if I was you ;) x

OH OH! I just got my frigging period! NO WONDER the gain! So fingers crossed that was just PMS bloating!! :D
I was due on about 10 days ago before I went to Qatar the last time, I got a bit of spotting (barely though) and then my PMS symptoms went away so I wondered if that was it for now since with the hormone change it can take time to regulate... But last night I was feeling PMSy back pain and stomach ache.S
So in a way that relieves me a bit :eek: and I'm not going out drinking tonight after all- friend bailed and I was pretty glad haha! Especially due to * week. Every day from tomorrow until Weds I am busy with something social though, so not sure how on plan some of those days will be but knowing that post * week is my best chance at a loss I'll be trying to be good!! Might WI tomorrow as I recently I have noticed big losses directly after *week's arrival, though this could have changed from pill too... Depends on if I get the mojo for a bit of an exercise sesh later. Women burn a lot more when on period and also it raises metabolism more to exercise on it! Not really in the mood though but... How often am I until I push myself to get started? Haha. Wish I was one of these exercise freaks who just loved going to the gym zzzz.

I have noticed my need for chocolate massively reduced the past 10 days (i.e. since pill hormones are diminishing, I hope) but last night I felt quite sick on the way to the cinema, I think because I drank half a litre of squash in the car and it was swishing about funny... So I wanted to eat to cover that sick feeling and all I had with me were chocolatey nibbles for cinema and a alpen light- forgot to bring satsumas! Kept within syns though... Am massively noticing less need to snack again, less desire to nosh and more just to eat when actually hungry- am so happy about that as it did feel abnormal before, especially after two years not having to really deal with masses of noshing on SW. HOPING this is the answer, coming off the pill can help me get back on track!
:angel::mermaid::fingerscrossed:

Haha was looking for the fingers crossed emote and found these loooool!

Did anyone see the solar eclipse today? Was totally overcast in London so we saw nada :( my mum saw nothing in Margate too.

Cheeky- ah, I get it now! I think you had mentioned that before (but you know how bad my memory is with such details lol!)
Fingers super crossed that this works for you... If so, was putting it in OK enough to keep at this system? i.e. if you responded otherwise exactly like injection then would you prefer the process of implant over the regular doc trips for injection? Or was it pretty gnarly? The idea of it makes me cringeeee.

Weighed in today and have lost 3lbs since Tuesday's 2lb PMS gain but even though I should be delighted that is gone I am still kinda depressed that despite 10 days trying really hard I am just down a pound in all- and this is after not being on plan for some time so was hoping to shift some water weight.

Am at 13st 13lbs now and glad to br back out of the 14s but the whole thing still depresses me a bit, I miss when I'd drop 5lbs post period despite a bad weekend out or whatever :p and these days I only seem to get a loss for the month around my period so it is disheartening... But am mentally in the diet zone a lot better now... Though did have two small bowls of cereal yest as was periody and feeling crap ans hungry, but they were my Hex's and my other meals were syn free and they did provide some nice comfort :p

I know I have to just take it one week at a time but since this coming off the pill shift I am just eager to lose again :p especially while I'm home and able to eat cleanly.
Am going to stick to red days from now on, bought two big salmon vats from morisons the other day! I dont think my brown rice days helped much so will save that for packed lunches on flight days.

Back