Sore throat what can I take?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by jack29, 28 October 2006 Social URL.

1. jack29

jack29 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Developed a really sore throat last night and it's pretty bad this morning.:( Is there any type of throat lozenges I can take that wont kick me out of Ketosis:confused: Thought about asking the chemist if they have any sugar free, citrus free but will they have carbs in them? By the way I physically cant gargle so that is not an option. Any advise would be really helpful. Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Libbie

Libbie Silver Member

Diet:
    CD
    Hi Babe
    sorry you feeling rough
    Not used any throut lozenges myself so do not know what you can use.
    When I was like that I drunk hot summer orange and desovable pain killers in it,
    I found splitting choc tetres and making lots of hot chok also helped.I had 4 wekish ones out of one tetre.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    {{{HUGS}}}

4. chicken on a mission

chicken on a mission Restarting to lose 4stone

Diet:
    LighterLife then CD
    If you can have dispersable aprin and if CD allow it then dissolve some in water and try to gargle it or at least hold it at the back of your throat for a while before swallowing :)

5. sainte_esprit

sainte_esprit Member

they sell sugarfree strepsils in chemists, maybe they would help (they are strawberry flavoured) I used them, they did not effect my ketosis.

Get well soon.

6. boofaloo

boofaloo Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st3.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Exante and exercise
    Personally I would take a couple of painkillers like paracetamol. Sucking a lozenge can irritate the throat more. ;)

7. Dom1979

Dom1979 Gold Member

I would get some soluble aspirin, and make it as cold as possible, and just hold it at the back of your throat as possible. And take 2 paracetamol too.

8. Cheb

Cheb Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.8%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet (SSing)
    I drink hot water with water flavouring to soothe and add dispersable paracetamol every 4 hours.

Hope you feel better soon.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.