Sore Tongue

westiegirl

Gold Member
This might sound really stupid but I've got a really sore tongue at the moment.

I seem to have had it for a few weeks and it seems to be like I've got splits on the sides - firstly on one side, then the other, then back to the first side, almost constantly. It's almost like the little knobbly bits (which I'm sure have an official name lol) are inflamed but you can't see much wrong with them. They're not really like ulcers but feel as sore as ulcers do.

I'm going through a really really tough time at the moment both in my personal and work lives and I'm wondering if it's just because I'm run down or whether I should go and see the doctor about it.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated :eek:

This might sound really stupid but I've got a really sore tongue at the moment.

I seem to have had it for a few weeks and it seems to be like I've got splits on the sides - firstly on one side, then the other, then back to the first side, almost constantly. It's almost like the little knobbly bits (which I'm sure have an official name lol) are inflamed but you can't see much wrong with them. They're not really like ulcers but feel as sore as ulcers do.

I'm going through a really really tough time at the moment both in my personal and work lives and I'm wondering if it's just because I'm run down or whether I should go and see the doctor about it.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated :eek:

In my medical opinion....... ok so have u tried anything on it? like bonjela??? I do think your probably run down... n that so immune system is down x

In my medical opinion....... ok so have u tried anything on it? like bonjela??? I do think your probably run down... n that so immune system is down x

Not put anything on it - it's not really that sore but I'm just worried because it's constantly nagging me and I am just thinking it will be ok.

Don't want to ignore it and carry on as normal if I should see a doctor.

well if it's not sore.... i think i'd see a dr..... could still be some sort of infection x do you have like a walk in centre nearby?

well if it's not sore.... i think i'd see a dr..... could still be some sort of infection x do you have like a walk in centre nearby?

No, just the old fashioned GP surgery but it's usually quite easy to get an appointment. I might give it another week and see if it clears as I start to feel a bit better and if not them I will go and see the doc xxx

I don't know if it's similar hun but both my brother and I grind our teeth in our sleep when we're stressed.
We've both had sore tongue sides before now where we're been grinding our teeth against our tongues in the night.
It must be a weird family trait we have :D
x

Might be worth trying some Oraldene mouth wash.

We use it for anything 'sore mouth' related, and it clears up really quick.

Definitely worth a try.

Last night I was quite aware of what I was doing with my tongue (no rude comments please!!!) and I think I am sort of chewing it in my sleep!

I'm not sure if it's cause or effect but I'll try and make sure I don't do it anymore.

I did google it last night and a lot of causes of sore tongues are vitamin deficiencies and I'm the first to admit that since stopping CD I have eaten total rubbish. Now I'm back on WW and things in my life start to improve hopefully it'll get better xxx

Back