sorry but how do you stay on track at THE time of the month

debtin

Gold Member
rather embarrased to be asking but i suffer from chocolate cravings ridicously when my time of month is nearing - not too keen on the hot chocolate options and find it hard to stay away from it. I use whatever syns i have but find myself wanting to use the next days syns as well arhghhh

As I only tend to get the choccie munchies once a month, I just go with it & eat what choc I want to satisfy the craving & dont count the syns! Not saying thats what everyone should do, but I have managed to nearly reach target by doing this! It may have slowed my loses down, but .....'a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do'!!!

Why don't you save ur weekly syns before ur due on then you know u have lots to use! Also try treatsized bars of choc rather than big ones, you may still eat same amount but will stretch further and they are lower in syns, most are under 5 a pack.

Frozen Curly Wurleys are good - takes ages to eat them and you can bash them into little bits to go back and forth for little pieces at a time.

I always find a snack size mars bar shifts any chocolate craving !

Why not use some of your HEA milk, and have a hot choccie made with cocoa powder & sugar. 2 teaspoons cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon sugar, 100ml Ss milk, and topped with hot water (or 250mls ss milk if you have it) 3 syns in total - and enough of a choccie fix.

Would you find it more satisfying to buy the higher cocoa content bars, like the 70 or 85%? I think you might get a better chocolate fix (and less sugar) from those.

I also find the new skinny cow chocolate and caramel ice lollies hit the spot when I'm having chocolate cravings and they last me longer than a funsize chocolate bar x

I find that coming upto my star week i have to do green days. I crave anything thats bad for me. i have lots of cumfort food such as pasta, chips, cheese, toast. i make sure i have the chocolate hifi bars in, so that if need be i can have two as both my B choices, and use syns on proper chocolate! this stage for me normally lasts 3 days. and i dont have to go off track!

LornaGrace said:
I find that coming upto my star week i have to do green days. I crave anything thats bad for me. i have lots of cumfort food such as pasta, chips, cheese, toast. i make sure i have the chocolate hifi bars in, so that if need be i can have two as both my B choices, and use syns on proper chocolate! this stage for me normally lasts 3 days. and i dont have to go off track!

Fibre plus bars are even nicer and they count as 1 b or 6 syns

Would you find it more satisfying to buy the higher cocoa content bars, like the 70 or 85%? I think you might get a better chocolate fix (and less sugar) from those.
ah didnt think of this, good idea..do you know the typical syns? will have a look when i am out - 1syn per 20 calories inst it?

I also find the new skinny cow chocolate and caramel ice lollies hit the spot when I'm having chocolate cravings and they last me longer than a funsize chocolate bar x
oh i bought these thanks, fab!! how many syns are in them? thank you

think i need to look into this as i read it but still cant work it out - cant be that different but will sit tongiht and re read it thanks

Dark dark dark chocolate... has no milk in it (so less syns already) it has less sugar (so less syns there too) its very intense and when i was free of all alergens it was the only chocolate i could eat, so I would try and munch away but it being so much rich and quite bitter too a big munch of it woud be 1-2 squares (so loads lesss syns)

Quote:
ah didnt think of this, good idea..do you know the typical syns? will have a look when i am out - 1syn per 20 calories inst it?

I expect that's how you'd count it. Just looked up Aldi Moser Roth dark chocolate squares, 70% cocoa, 1.5syns each, and Moser Roth dark chocolate bars, 5 pack, 25g bar is 7 syns. Hotel Chocolat do boxes of about twenty 70% and 85% batons but they're rather pricey (online and retail shops in some towns).

Quote:

I expect that's how you'd count it. Just looked up Aldi Moser Roth dark chocolate squares, 70% cocoa, 1.5syns each, and Moser Roth dark chocolate bars, 5 pack, 25g bar is 7 syns. Hotel Chocolat do boxes of about twenty 70% and 85% batons but they're rather pricey (online and retail shops in some towns).
will def be buying these - bought some dark choc from tesco, 2 square was 105 calories so think yours pips mine to the post syn wise - thank you. also love the moser roth choc x

Back