sorry guys, girls - time of the month question

curlylow

Apologies again to the guys...

Have any of you found your monthly cycle has changed?? Heavier? Lighter? Longer duration?

Is a change in the cycle normal? I'm worried again!!!!!!!! xx

thanks xx

Mine was waaay longer, not sure about heavier?
What have you noticed?

its well longer!! due to the pill I take I barely get a period to be honest, so this is soooo alien to me!!
I've been on for about 8 days!! Compared to my usual 1 & a half days this is taking over my life!!! LOL

Disruption to your monthly cycle is very common a vlcd, but once you finish your diet it will settle down again into your normal cycle.

I think it has something to do with the quick release of oestrogen from the fat as you lose weight so quickly that puts it haywire and also can make you more fertile.

Love Mini xxx

thanks for that Mini - makes sense now... I'm quite lucky really, I haven't suffered with my periods in years now due to the pill I'm taking just seems to really work with me. But this week I have had such bad pmt, I'm not used to it!! Really snappy! And I've cried alot too :(

x :D

I'm living proof you are definately more fertile...was trying to get pregnant since my son was born over 6 years ago.....and hey presto (see below)....other thing I noticed when on LT I didnt have any cramps at all which was great!

Crikey, I'm 49 and still having regular periods, although my last one (first one since starting LT) was two weeks late, but the same as usual.

I hope it doesn't increase my fertility though, as I've already got four daughters:girlpower:

I'm glad that I don't have all this to deal with lol,

It only affects it in that you tend to retain more water at that time which makes you heavier so it doesn't show on the scales! At least that's what I'm assuming.

x

ah this old chestnut! its a bugger isnt it! due to my pill i dont get a period at all but my 2nd week on LT i had my TOTM for about 3 weeks! it hasnt reappeared since though so i think my body got a grip again!

hope all this has settled your mind now hun xx

ah this old chestnut! its a bugger isnt it! due to my pill i dont get a period at all but my 2nd week on LT i had my TOTM for about 3 weeks! it hasnt reappeared since though so i think my body got a grip again!

hope all this has settled your mind now hun xx

such a pest - my totm lasted 4 1/2 weeks. only very light - but not the point !

Due to my weight I dont have regular TOTM - am lucky if only get one or two a year. However once I hit a certain weight it comes back more regularly - one side effect of losing weight that I am not looking forward to.

not noticed a difference, perhaps with the weight i've lost i've had TOTM more regularly. but no difference in light/heavy so to speak.

Due to my weight I dont have regular TOTM - am lucky if only get one or two a year. However once I hit a certain weight it comes back more regularly - one side effect of losing weight that I am not looking forward to.

DITTO! PCOS for you too? Though mine's came on saturday nearing my second week on LT and I am not happy. I am having cramps -aching cramps. My energy has been zapped and I generally feel like poo. NOt even goin to get weighed today as I'd planned. GOnna use my last 2 days worth of shakes first and beat water into me to combat evil water retention. I don't want my firts WI to be spoiled by totm let me tell you. Men are cr4p. ;) ;)

My periods have always been a pain in the ass, lasting up to 3-4 weeks even with the dreaded Mirena coil thingy which I hate and want removed as soon as possible. Having said that I was on my period when I started and it ended after a few days. I was shocked as I was expecting it to last as long as usual. So I'm hoping LT was reduce them.

As for the being snappy, I found that on the first week of LT I was a bit of a monster. I was giving everyone a few home truths and I had the patience of a mad man. Maybe it was the carb/sugar/crap withdrawal or maybe it was PMT, not sure. I'm in my 3rd week now and you couldn't anger me, saying that my usual PMT symptoms should be starting soon so it will be interesting to see of they improve or worsen.

Back