Sorry if too much info!!!

Jem292

Errrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmm :red face
I have a really really bad problem with constipation :(
I've been on codeine painkillers for nearly three years due to hip issues after child birth, only take two at night but it's had a really bad effect on my regularity. Twice a week I use laxatives just to be able to have a bowel movement and a glycerol suppository if the laxatives haven't helped :(
Just wondered if anyone else had experience with this or if anyone knows of anything I can try (other than prunes!!!) that might help. Sorry but I had to ask :(

the nurse told me melon? or ask your doctor for a perscription for lactoluse, its really good. i suffered really badly after an operation so i no what your going through it can be so uncomfortable and painful :(

I have taken them post surgery and they have bunged me up too. Is there anything else you can take (though you have probably looked into this)?

I had a couple of very ripe sharon fruits a few weeks ago and practically had to sprint home from the station. I am also laying off my afternoon bananas for the same reason.

I find the diet yogurts and cereal bars make me go too but they also give me terrible wind.

When I'm bunged up, the only thing that sorts me out is exercise!!

CrookedSmile has a very good point. When I use to do the Couch25k training, I'd have to sprint the last couple of roads for this reason! A good run/jog (if you can manage it with your hip?) can really sort you out!

I read today about a woman taking pineapple to relieve constipation. Otherwise plenty of fruit and veg. Bilked out with water! I know youve probably done all of that. But thought id still say it. The pineapple was in a mag I read today. It also had a med in it that helped combat constipation. Dunno if it's the long day or just forgetfulness but can't remember the name. Will check tomorrow and post it. Best of luck.

Damn it was retrain! Maybe you could ask your gp. It retrains your bowel to useproper motions to move stool along and also to aid water absorption. Hope this helps

There's also a pill called regulat that is supposed to work wonders. This was a very helpful article:) I'll tell ya today and I'd have nothing for ya haha

Back