Total Solution Sorry just need to get it out

I started exante about 5 weeks ago after doing cwp for 12 weeks (left cause of the cost!!!). Lost 2 1/2stone in that time. I have in the last month had a hell of a time. All 3 of my kids had chicken pox so have been trapped in the house for 3 weeks!!! Hard at anytime but during the school holidays!! But to top it off my nan whom I am close to has been diagnosed with breast cancer and throat cancer. She is too frail to have surgery or chemo so she is having radiotherapy. The best we can hope for is to make her comfortable, I live in Scotland and she is in hospital in Cambridge 8 hrs away.
I am finding that I am comfort eating and starting to put the weight back on!! I know I am feeling sorry for myself but now that I have started I can't stop eating.
I feel like I want to cry!!

Sorry it is a really miserable post but I really needed to say it out loud.

Hey Claire, good for you for getting this off your chest, you must feel a little better now? :hug99:

It's good that you know it's comfort eating, just take a step back next time you go to eat something bad for comfort and think about it. I know it's hard but you'll get through, food is not the answer it will only make you feel worse once the weight creeps on!

Oh no, it sounds like you are really having a tough time. I used to sit and read these forums whilst on a binge of chocolate and crisps. I knew what I had to do, I had lost weight before. You know what you have to do because you have done it before too. When you are ready, you will get all the support and motivation you need right here at minimins. Good luck Claire!

Sorry you are having such a horrible time of it x 3 of mine had chicke pox together and it felt like I was going mad stuck inside!
Its awful when someone you love is so poorly and you are so far away. You feel so helpless :-( Is there anyone who couod maybe set up a skype connection to your Nan for you? I dont know how practical that is but it would give you a chance to talk ti her face to face.
Or just an old fashioned letter telling her what she means to you. When my friend was diagnosed with a brain tumour I felt so helpless as I was right down south and she was up in Scotland. I wrote to her and she said it was lovely as she could keep it with her.

X

Last edited:
I'm so sorry, what a rotten time you're having.

I think it seems like comfort eating is making you feel worse, rather than better? That doesn't seem very comforting!

Why not do something pleasant instead? Make a scrapbook for your Nan, include photos, memories, pictures from your kids, poems or lines from songs she loves. Something to keep you busy and that you know she will love. She will see you've spent time on it and know how loved she is.

Hey Claire, what an awful time you're going through, very sorry to hear that. Don't be too hard on yourself right now, imagine you had someone who was constantly beside you nagging you to do better diet wise whilst you're trying to cope with your situation. That wouldn't be helpful, would it? So don't be that person to yourself.
You need your strength for your family and for yourself. So try and work out what you can cope with, what would give you a bit of relief at the moment, and then plan to do what you've come up with. It might give you a bit of control in this difficult time, and a little escape too. Nice idea with the scrap book I thought. And also, think of what YOU might need at this time.
Wishing you all the best.xx

Thanks everyone, I am going to do the scrapbook idea. Have started cross stitching a disney castle for my daughter as well,seemed to keep my mind active.

Here's to a new day and hopefully a fresh start to the diet. Keep your fingers crossed. Thank you for all your kind words and support. Have been following this forum since I started exante and it is true, it helps to talk.

Back