Sorry not been on, hubby had very bad accident so SW temparily on hold!

So sorry to hear about your hubby - hope his journey to full recovery is a swift one xxx

As others have said, if you can get back on it and the routine of SW gives you something else to think about, then do it. If it's all too much for you to deal with right now, then don't. Your main priority is your family and SW will be there when you're ready to come back to it.

I am glad to see your husband is now an ex-biker as I have a sad story to tell.

My husbands 2 brothers were killed on a motorbike. I lived through that with the whole family. I had to identify the bodies, ( I never want to do anything like that again)his parents could not do it, arrange the funeral and move in with his family to care for my in-laws. Their pain and grief has never gone even now 25 years later. One brother was 24 years old the other 26 years old. The accident was caused by a drunk driver. It was in no way the fault of the boys but that does not bring them back. They were snuffed out in a second.

Your husband has had a lucky escape. His injuries sound horrific but he will recover. He will be well and able again.

You do not know me but I send you love and strength to get through the next few months. Cherish each other. Rejoice that you still have him.

Good luck and good healing.

xxxxx

That is terrible, I cant imaging how you coped through that, I know I couldnt of. I keep imagining my hubbys accident even tho I wasnt there and I keep thinking what if....It drives me nuts sometimes because I upset myself because I keep thinking about it. I keep remembering the call from the police too. I felt sick and shaky, luckly my mother-in-law insisted coming to the hospital and that I drive their car (ours was a very fast sporty bmw (just sold it)) which was over 30mins away. If she hadnt I feel sure I would of had an accident too.

xxxxx[/QUOTE]
I used to work on an orthopaedics ward and so many people are injured and killed om motorcycles, i think they are so dangerous :([/QUOTE]

There was a few motorbikers in while my hubby was in too. One in the room opposite had broken both arms and crushed his hands, broken pelvis and smashed leg. A car pulled out on him. Then when my hubby went on the ward, the lad opposite him was on his scooter and a car went into him and crushed him into a tree and took his leg off. He is only 19yr old with a 10mth old little girl. The car drove off and left him and was never found!

You would have coped. When you are faced with it you do. It is only later it hits you as you know with what you are going through.

I feel like you and I will never forget hearing the words " Ronnie and George have had an accident, can you come "

It will get so much better. I promise you. Stay strong for both of you. Your DH will be o.k. He is young and the young heal well.

lots lo love Sue xxxxxxx

Back