SOS Cravings alert

Pouchie

Ok so been sticking to it brilliantly, best eating plan in the world, however tonight I am home alone and I suddenly find myself in the fridge for no good reason :eek:.
I've only ate an extra mullerlight and some grapes so not a disaster yet but would love to know how others deal with cravings for no good reason. I had a great tea so I know I am not hungry but why oh why do I self sabotage when I am doing so well.
Any advice or help with understanding this would be great xx

Hi, I keep a sugar free jelly in the fridge, nice and sweet yet quite filling (in my opinion) plus only 1/2 a sin a sachet!!

hi pouchie well done resisting the temptation :) i have loads of episodes where i could eat something i shouldn't (quite often i fail :rolleyes:) but it's usually when i'm bored i try to think ahead telling myself how annoyed i will be with myself for giving in (it does occasionally help) i find if i've eaten well through the day (loads of superfree) i don't feel the need to stuff. i love chocolate but buy the boots shapers bars they give me the choccie fix without the need to pig out on them also bought some wacko bars from aldi (they r like caramel rocky bars) they are only 5 syns and are so rich i wouldn't be able to eat 2. also eat sweet chilli velvet crunch crisps (4 syns) they are lovely also do cheese & red onion i think it helps to have something in to fall back on otherwise i would be up the shop buying bars of chocolate. i can merrily follow s/w for weeks with no slip ups then for no reason go off plan but so far i have been able to draw a line under my blips and start again, good luck xx

Thankyou for all your advice it is so gud knowing I'm not the only one who struggles. I think its passed now I've had a can of diet pepsi and some sugasnap peas. I think I will definately be putting sugar free jelly on my shopping list for next time though xx

I save some syns / HEX's for moments like this. A slimming world HIFI mint choc bar hits the spot or if mega sugar cravings - quark mixed with sweetner is my cream substitute to have with lots of fruit & is totallly free

If saved syns (like tonight) i have a wispa bar (10.5 syns) chocolate heaven.

Plan for treats then you wont feel like missing out!

I love to have mini meringue nests in the house for sweet cravings - they are only 1 1/2 syns for two of them and as they are really sweet I only usually need two to satisfy my craving. You could have them with a yogurt or some fruit too if you fancy it. Even if you had a few, they are so few syns they dont risk much damage! ;)

Slimbysummer said:
I save some syns / HEX's for moments like this. A slimming world HIFI mint choc bar hits the spot or if mega sugar cravings - quark mixed with sweetner is my cream substitute to have with lots of fruit & is totallly free

If saved syns (like tonight) i have a wispa bar (10.5 syns) chocolate heaven.

Plan for treats then you wont feel like missing out!

Wisp is ten syns? That's good.

Get yourself busy.. Make some sw chips and have it with some salt and vinegar..

I find options hot chocolate great for sweet cravings for only 2 syns. But there are times when nothing satisfies me. I just make sure I drink plenty of water and eat lots of fruit. I also end up reaching for yogurt. Sometimes I end up just making a big bowl of SW chips. Its not ideal but better than eating loads of toast or going to the shop for crisps!

Hi, I keep a sugar free jelly in the fridge, nice and sweet yet quite filling (in my opinion) plus only 1/2 a sin a sachet!!

Which jelly have you been using? I use Hartley's and I've been going off what the SW book says, it's 1.5 syns for the whole sachet, or 0.5 syns for 142ml (quarter of the sachet).

I make cheaty rice pud by mixing some warm cooked brown rice (filling) in with a strawberry yoghurt and a bit of extra sweetener (or vanilla yog and nutmug on top). It fills a gap and tastes lovely.

I put a recipe for a free coconut rice pudding in the recipes forum, using Kara coconut milk as a hex A - its amazing and really really tasty.

Back