SOTW rules?

~Lucky~

Are there actual rules to who gets SOTW or are they just guidelines?

When I won I remember my C mentioning something about not gaining and attending the week before to be eligible (possibly more but can't remember now) but it seems lately that she's just picking it at random. A few weeks ago she actually admitted that she'd picked the winner herself as she felt this person had really turned a corner (they'd lost 4lbs that week but had gained the week before) and again last week she said she's given it because this person had been going through a tough time and still managed to lose although there were people who'd lost more (don't know if they'd gained the week before though).

Is it automatically the person with the biggest loss or can the C chose a winner themselves if they want? And if it is the biggest loss is it as a percentage or just the biggest number?

At my old group, it was always someone who had lost 2 weeks in a row, and then they'd pick the highest weight loss from those people.
I think it's so that people who just join, who can have massive weight losses their first week, can't get it that first week.

ive always been told that u can only get slimmer of the week only if you lost the prevouis week!!!

but the first time ever last week she gave it to a lady who stayed the same the week b4!!!

hmmmm

Are you on the computer system at group? It works out SOTW and our C just does it from that. I think it's rude picking random people however well they've done or however hard life is for them. There will be plenty of people struggling but not shouting about it and what if they lose out on the award because someone moaned enough to be noticed? I think that's wrong of your C but maybe I'm just mean.:eek:

i can understand that it motivates those who are known to be going through a rough time but i think that is SO unfair for those who work hard over the longer term. We all struggle sometimes so plucking winners off the top of your head is a bit out of order. not to sound like a competitive loony BUT I would be proper peeved if I worked hard for 2 weeks and lost out on a sticker cos bob/bill/brenda had turned a flipping corner?! doesnt seem fair or right to me.

You can STS or lose in the previous week to get SOTW. If you gain in the previous week, then you shouldn't be able to.

I would not be happy with the C picking and choosing the moaners for SOTW! Penalising the strong people who just get on with it! Wow, that makes me angry.... I think the computer picks ours now it's all digital, just goes for the biggest weight loss. It's not ideal as I don't have much to lose but I suppose people who have a big struggle ahead and lose more each week are going to need the motivation more!

Tricky one - shows how competitive the 'non-competitive' people are! Who needs a sticker anyway when you've got a smaller pair of jeans or some lovely non-chubby holiday photos to reward you?! xx

Are you on the computer system at group? It works out SOTW and our C just does it from that. I think it's rude picking random people however well they've done or however hard life is for them. There will be plenty of people struggling but not shouting about it and what if they lose out on the award because someone moaned enough to be noticed? I think that's wrong of your C but maybe I'm just mean.:eek:

i can understand that it motivates those who are known to be going through a rough time but i think that is SO unfair for those who work hard over the longer term. We all struggle sometimes so plucking winners off the top of your head is a bit out of order. not to sound like a competitive loony BUT I would be proper peeved if I worked hard for 2 weeks and lost out on a sticker cos bob/bill/brenda had turned a flipping corner?! doesnt seem fair or right to me.

I agree!

I'd be mega cheesed off! Some ppl have hard weeks etc or turn corners without the whining so why should the "moaners" get more praise?! :mad: :badmood:/slightly hormonal! But seriously, if i was the winner of SotW and it was given to someone else to motivate them...... i think i'd spit kittens!!

Tricky one - shows how competitive the 'non-competitive' people are! Who needs a sticker anyway when you've got a smaller pair of jeans or some lovely non-chubby holiday photos to reward you?! xx

Whoever claimed to be non-competitive ;)

i am competitive and was being sarcastic when saying i didnt want to seem such. it would annoy me if i had earned it fair and square. If i got the recognition because i moaned instead of earning it... i wouldn't want it. Looking great in jeans is the aim but i totally buy in to what the shineys are intended for...to motivate and challenge myself. I want them and am willing to earn them and i dont see why others shouldnt have to earn them too.

wow... how sad i sound LOL. i must officially love stickers... i wouldnt mind but i only have 2 of them :D

personalyl if I slogged my guts out and lost say... 6lb and someone else got it for losing 4lb just cos they were having a hard time, I'd be saying something to the C, because that is just not right. I had a really bad week (healthwise) the 2nd week I went, and lost 1lb, but I would not have wanted SOTW just because I had a s****y week. I would feel guilty about it actually.

We go digital in july, and think that the computer selecting it is a good idea, at least then it really is the person who lost the most and NOT the person who *****ed about it loud enough. Although having said that, my C is very fair about it.

I'd be peeved too.

What's to say I didn't work just as hard, or have just as shitty a week. It's kinda mean of the consultant.

Back