Soup substitute-any ideas?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Mrs Taurus, 6 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Mrs Taurus

Mrs Taurus Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    As I was coming to the end of cd last time I really went off the soups, so this time only ordered a couple.
    However am on 4 packs a day and by having a bowl of soup each evening feel like am having an 'ordinary meal', plus finding the savoury a nice change from the sweet packs.
    Anyway (soz I'll finally get to the point) only got 2 soups left until see cdc next Thurs and just don't fancy idea of 4 sweet packs a day, am going shopping tomorrow so does anyone know of any cd friendly item eg Bovril that I could obtain from Tesco to substitute for my daily soup.
    Strange isn't it how we go through phases of products we like/dislike on this diet.

Thank you
    Mrs T[​IMG] X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Rae Rae

Rae Rae Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st11.5lb(34.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Mrs T,

Some people seem to b having boullion which i believe is like the CD veg flavouring but a lot cheaper.

Xx

4. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating & Exercise
    I was just about to suggest this :)

5. determinator

determinator Banned

me too !! Marigold Boullion ( will be in the stock cubes and gravy section) is the same as the cd veg flavouring , 1/2 a teaspoon in a mug of hot water is lush :)

Mrs Taurus likes this.
  6. Mrs Taurus

Mrs Taurus Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Gutted, my local Tesco suppossed superstore often doesn't stock products that real Tesco superstores do ,so surprise surprise no boullion in any shape or form.
    However Mr T(a low carb expert after a successful spell on Atkins 7 years ago) found me Baxter's Beef consomee....4.2g of carbs per can and 62 cals...not too bad as I will be using it as one of my 4 meals and hopefully will prevent me sickening myself on sweet packs during my soup drought (Mon-Thurs).
    However am determined to get my hands on this Boullion for a nice savoury drink, am I right in thinking it is a safe extra to the packs?

Mrs T x

7. MinnieMel

MinnieMel Why Be Normal?

Start Weight:
    192lb
    Current Weight:
    192lb
    Goal Weight:
    138lb
    Lost(%):
    0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers/low carb/cc
    Mrs T -- Calorie and carb wise it should be fine. Watch the salt levels.

MM

8. Becky1983

Becky1983 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Yeah I tried it and its very salty, I didnt like it at all. But each to their own. x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.