Soup substitute-any ideas?

Mrs Taurus

Silver Member
As I was coming to the end of cd last time I really went off the soups, so this time only ordered a couple.
However am on 4 packs a day and by having a bowl of soup each evening feel like am having an 'ordinary meal', plus finding the savoury a nice change from the sweet packs.
Anyway (soz I'll finally get to the point) only got 2 soups left until see cdc next Thurs and just don't fancy idea of 4 sweet packs a day, am going shopping tomorrow so does anyone know of any cd friendly item eg Bovril that I could obtain from Tesco to substitute for my daily soup.
Strange isn't it how we go through phases of products we like/dislike on this diet.

Thank you
Mrs T
icon7.gif
X

Hi Mrs T,

Some people seem to b having boullion which i believe is like the CD veg flavouring but a lot cheaper.

Xx

Hi Mrs T,

Some people seem to b having boullion which i believe is like the CD veg flavouring but a lot cheaper.

Xx

I was just about to suggest this :)

Gutted, my local Tesco suppossed superstore often doesn't stock products that real Tesco superstores do ,so surprise surprise no boullion in any shape or form.
However Mr T(a low carb expert after a successful spell on Atkins 7 years ago) found me Baxter's Beef consomee....4.2g of carbs per can and 62 cals...not too bad as I will be using it as one of my 4 meals and hopefully will prevent me sickening myself on sweet packs during my soup drought (Mon-Thurs).
However am determined to get my hands on this Boullion for a nice savoury drink, am I right in thinking it is a safe extra to the packs?

Mrs T x

Mrs T -- Calorie and carb wise it should be fine. Watch the salt levels.

MM

Back