Soup

I was told to mix a little bit into a paste first and then gradually add the water. Unfortunately I couldn't get on with the soups at all so just stuck to shakes. xxx

Hello

I have just changed from LL to CD and I cant get on with the soups. They come out really grainy and sooo thick, they just wont mix.

Any suggestions as to how to make them smooth as get fed up with having constant sweet things so really need the soups.

Maybe a silly question but how are you mixing them?

try the oriental chilli - add boiling water and pretty much eat it straight after - no lumps or bumps and tastes good :) ( stir it lots :) )

try the oriental chilli - add boiling water and pretty much eat it straight after - no lumps or bumps and tastes good :)

Adding boiling water to soups/shakes will make the vitamins/mineral start to deteriorate.
Let water cool slightly before adding to soup.

This is from the sticky at the top of the forum. This is how I make my soups and it does make them sooooo much better. Just the right thickness and no lumpy bits. Plus you will be working the bingo wings when you are shaking it ;)

The Perfect Soup

Ingredients :
1 VLCD Soup Pack
Tabasco Red (Optional)
Black Pepper (Optional)
Sea Salt (Optional)
Utensils :
Small beaker with sealable lid
Spoon
Small Pan
Large Mug
Method :
1. Invest in a little small sealable beaker that is around 350ml in size but must have a watertight lid.
resserver.php

2. Pour the entire soup sachet into the beaker.
resserver.php

3. Pour on 125ml of cold tap water and seal the lid tightly.
resserver.php

4. Shake the beaker very vigorously up and down and side to side for 45 seconds and looking through the beaker make sure that no powder is stuck to the sides.
resserver.php

5. Pour the contents of the beaker into a small pan, don't worry about the extra left in the beaker at this point.
resserver.php

6. Pour an additional 250ml of water into the beaker, seal and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Pour this into the pan on top of the original mix. You will also find this cleans out the beaker very well and allows for much easier washing up.
resserver.php

7. Before starting the heat stir the mixture for 20 seconds to mix up the two liquids.
resserver.php

8. Add Tabasco sauce to taste, around 10 drop is recommended. Make sure this is the standard Red Tabasco and not the Hot Tabasco or the Jalapeno Tabasco (Green).
resserver.php

9. Add Black Pepper to taste.
resserver.php

10. Add Malden Sea Salt to taste (not too much though!!). Please note that salt is allowed on some VLCD's but is not on Cambridge Diets. Salt can make the body retain water and hence if you can live with just the pepper and the tabasco it would be better.
resserver.php

11. Now heat on a medium to low heat. It is imperitive that you do not boil or get too near boiling the soup otherwise a very nasty tasting powdery chemical froth appears on the top of the soup.
resserver.php

12. When almost boiling pour into a large mug, cup or bowl capable of easily holding 375mls.
resserver.php

13. Allow to settle for 2 minutes so any froth dissappears. This is why you shouldn't use either aerolatter whizzers or blenders as they create a froth on the soup that many people cannot have.
resserver.php

14. Sit down and enjoy :)

quote : Adding boiling water to soups/shakes will make the vitamins deteriorate start.

ahh my cdc didnt say that :) good to know
its odd cuase the soup coolsdown v quickly anway once i have added it - i wil try to make it less hot cheers :)

quote : Adding boiling water to soups/shakes will make the vitamins deteriorate start.

ahh my cdc didnt say that :) good to know
its odd cuase the soup coolsdown v quickly anway once i have added it - i wil try to make it less hot cheers :)

I think it says on the back of the packet.

Also if they are too thick you can add more water, the amount on the packet is only a guide.

Hi

I am mixing them in a mug with hot water and beating like mad. The tomato was so bad it made my stomach turn, really grainy, lumpy nad had big skin!!

Think that maybe why they are not smooth. I always use a hand blender, and they are never grainy.

Have you guys not got a hand blender? I would recommend you get one I wouldn't be without mine on this diet or off it's saved many a soup or custard from lumps!! I don't think I could stomach the shakes either without it. Mines a Braun but I'm sure a cheap one would do the trick.:blahblah:

Well done Sim94 :party0011: that's really helpful, Asda/Tesco's may well do a cheapy too if you haven't got an Argos handy, but those are good brands too.
Go on girls treat yourselves you won't regret it and we need to do everything in our favour to help make this diet work!:party0011:

i mix my shakes in those protien shake mixes, its all in the wrist, lol
you do have to shake it vigirously but hey, am sure it burns a couple of cals
for soup i use 350 - 400ml of water, put it in a pan and whisk the powder in slowly. heat until steaming but do not let it boil

Well done Sim94 :party0011: that's really helpful, Asda/Tesco's may well do a cheapy too if you haven't got an Argos handy, but those are good brands too.
Go on girls treat yourselves you won't regret it and we need to do everything in our favour to help make this diet work!:party0011:

Thanks,

Have seen them in Tesco and Asda for about £5 /£6 also.

I bought a Braun hand blender in 2004 and it is still going strong.

2.99 in asda, i bought 2, one 4 work and 1 for homw cuz they were that cheap. No specific make, just cheapo asda, but theyve not let me down yet! I couldnt eat the soups without a blender! x x x

LOL frags!
yes I use more water too, sometimes it's pretty thin! I put about 200ml in, then the mixture, wizz it up then rinse the blender in to the bowl and rinse the beaker into the bowl...I make sure I get every molecule in the packet!!:D

Back