Soups

Wishfairies

It's getting colder and I am in the mood for warm comfort foods.

I have just tried the Green Giant country garden vegetable soup. It was really nice. Used it as a healthy B option.

Totally recommended.

What other soups are yummy that you have tried?

I always make my own soup, I don't use tinned ones as I always find they are too salty and the only one I love, Heinz tomato, is a no no!

I just cook veg, add some red lentils, a tin of tomatoes, some water and hey presto, yummy soup and I can use my B choice for bread if I want to!

I usually make my own, as I tend to find all tinned soups have asimilar taste (usually tomato) which I don't like....or they're high in syns. I make a big pot of syn free soup every sunday, takes me about 30 mins and lasts me all week.

I make all mine too, just chop up veg add 800ml chicken stock (2 cubes) vary the seasoning, and then it's 4oz of either lentils/ split peas. The chicken noodle soup, and the bacon and lentil one from the EE cookbook are good too.

Veg soup is easy. Loads of whateer veg you like. Veg stock and pepper. Whizz it up, chunky or completely smooth, it's up to you! Butternut squash soup is the business. Boil it in veg stock and whizz, as thick or as runny as you like, I love it with chinese 5 spice! Chinese soup is good too. Chinese oxo cube, pak choi, mushrooms, beansprouts, and prawns, with chinese 5 spice and a bit od chilly if you like it hot. Lovely. I'm a rubish cook, and really don't enjoy it, but these soups are so easy, gorgeous, and filling, that even I can manage a pot every now and again.

Lynda

Okay I really cant cook but these sound good, but still question, can u freeze soup? and I dont think I could eat everyday but know its cheaper to make in batches.

I make Butternut Squash soup and its lovely and thick and its filling too. I sometimes use frozen veg for quickness but use fresh if liked.
1 Butternut squash peeled and chopped
some frozen julienne carrots (I use about 2 handfuls)
some frozen chopped onions (to your own taste i like alot of onion)
2 tbsps chicken bovril
1 clove garlic peeled and chopped
2 mugs of water
Ground black pepper.
Put all ingredients into pan for 40 mins or until veg is soft, then blitz in liquidizer until smooth. Enjoy. xxx Loobylou

Back