Cruise PV Soups

Zoesastar

Silver Member
Im really looking forward to my first Cruise PV day which will be Thursday, Im thinking of make some soup for lunch... what are people's favourite soup recipes using the veg we're allowed?

Ideas please :D

Hoping these are all allowed....I did carrot/onion/parsnip (which was on the chat as allowed) and tomato purée. Mmmmmm! X

I quite like Dukan miracle soup, but it affects me a lot, I dont need wheatbran that day, if you get my meaning ;)

The miracle soup is a good one. I also like butternut squash and red pepper.

Remember to add in some protein or have it on the side if you're having vegetable soup.

Protein id making me feel really sick, the thought of it, smell, taste, sight bleurgh!

Do u blend the miracle soup down?

Protein id making me feel really sick, the thought of it, smell, taste, sight bleurgh!

Protein can be a spoonful of yogurt stirred into the soup in the bowl.

Or the egg in the dukan bread you eat with it.

And the protein-bleurgh thing passes after a while. In the meantime try adding fresh herbs (coriander is really good, so are chives, and basil) to brighten the taste.

see pp205-206 of the book - no time to retype it here now. If anyone does... great!

I found this short version on another forum:

Has any body else made this soup? It was so funny. I started cutting up all of the veggies that it required and lo and behold, I ended up with enough to fill two huge pots.
icon_lol.gif
When will I ever eat it all? Where will I keep it? I guess I could freeze some.

I ate one bowl and it really tasted pretty good. I then put one huge pot in the cooler with ice. Somehow I will find a place for the other pot.

Here is the recipe I would recommend (basically half of the recipe called for in the book.

2 cloves of garlic
3 large onions (I used Walla Walla Sweets)
1/2 head of cabbage
3 carrots
1/2 bunch of celery
16 oz. of peeled canned tomatoes (no sugar)
beef bouillion
chicken bouillion

Toss everything into a pot and cover with water. Then add the bouillion.

The book says this is great to eat when you come home starved and want to start snacking. Eat a big bowl, hot, and that should hold you over while you make dinner. Makes sense to me.

Back