Cruise PV Soups

xeilidhx

Gold Member
S: 14st0.2lb C: 9st8.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 23.8 Loss: 4st5.7lb(31.45%)
Hoping these are all allowed....I did carrot/onion/parsnip (which was on the chat as allowed) and tomato purée. Mmmmmm! X

malevolentnuzzler87

S: 17st4lb C: 16st9lb G: 11st6lb BMI: 37.6 Loss: 0st9lb(3.72%)
I quite like Dukan miracle soup, but it affects me a lot, I dont need wheatbran that day, if you get my meaning ;)

Vixx

S: 294lb C: 218.3lb G: 179lb BMI: 37.5 Loss: 75.7lb(25.75%)
The miracle soup is a good one. I also like butternut squash and red pepper.

Remember to add in some protein or have it on the side if you're having vegetable soup.

Zoesastar

Silver Member
S: 11st5lb C: 9st12lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 24.4 Loss: 1st7lb(13.21%)
Protein id making me feel really sick, the thought of it, smell, taste, sight bleurgh!

Do u blend the miracle soup down?

Atropos

Gold Member
S: 11st12lb C: 11st8lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 26.1 Loss: 0st4lb(2.41%)
Protein id making me feel really sick, the thought of it, smell, taste, sight bleurgh!

Protein can be a spoonful of yogurt stirred into the soup in the bowl.

Or the egg in the dukan bread you eat with it.

And the protein-bleurgh thing passes after a while. In the meantime try adding fresh herbs (coriander is really good, so are chives, and basil) to brighten the taste.

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
S: 141kg C: 49.9kg G: 36.3kg BMI: 17.7 Loss: 91.1kg(64.62%)
see pp205-206 of the book - no time to retype it here now. If anyone does... great!

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
S: 141kg C: 49.9kg G: 36.3kg BMI: 17.7 Loss: 91.1kg(64.62%)
I found this short version on another forum:

Has any body else made this soup? It was so funny. I started cutting up all of the veggies that it required and lo and behold, I ended up with enough to fill two huge pots.
When will I ever eat it all? Where will I keep it? I guess I could freeze some.

I ate one bowl and it really tasted pretty good. I then put one huge pot in the cooler with ice. Somehow I will find a place for the other pot.

Here is the recipe I would recommend (basically half of the recipe called for in the book.

2 cloves of garlic
3 large onions (I used Walla Walla Sweets)
1/2 head of cabbage
3 carrots
1/2 bunch of celery
16 oz. of peeled canned tomatoes (no sugar)
beef bouillion
chicken bouillion

Toss everything into a pot and cover with water. Then add the bouillion.

The book says this is great to eat when you come home starved and want to start snacking. Eat a big bowl, hot, and that should hold you over while you make dinner. Makes sense to me.