Total Solution South Pacific

Darcy15 said:
Hello one and all!!

Internet has finally decided to play ball this evening :D

Arrive in Bora Bora tomorow morning. Have a trip planned first thing, then free time to explore the island. Moorea and Papeete to follow, then the long trek back to Los Angeles.

Having a fabulous time. Really enjoying the days at sea just relaxing and swimming. I have read so many books, just lying in the sunshine:)

Samoa was fabulous - but oh my goodness the heat!! The humidiity was a bit unbearable at times. The people were just so lovely and gracious though - truly welcoming. I would like to go back some day.

Hope all is well with you all. I am staying pretty strong with the food issue - I adore fruit so that is one big bonus, the variety on the ship is amazing. I confess to not continuing with Zumba - too fast and too hot for me! I am sticking with the stairs though, and enjoy the line dancing and my sad attempts at Hula and Tahitian dance!!

Hope to catch up with you again soon - depends on the satellite coverage though:)

Bora bora? I am so so jealous :) have a fabulous time :)

Quick hello from Bora Bora!!

The ship is still at anchor in the lagoon and we sail at 10pm.

Have had a really lovely day here - no photos will do it justice.

Arrive in Papeete tomorrow evening.

Take care all.

Darcy15 said:
Quick hello from Bora Bora!!

The ship is still at anchor in the lagoon and we sail at 10pm.

Have had a really lovely day here - no photos will do it justice.

Arrive in Papeete tomorrow evening.

Take care all.

Sounds amazing glad you had a great time :)

Hello Everyone

Just checking in to say good evening. Having a relaxing time at sea, on the way back to LA. The weather is still sunny and hot, but it has been a bit cloudy today.

I can't believe how fast this trip has gone. To think that this ship has been my home for the past month is just amazing!!

Fly home overnight on Saturday. So should be home sometime Sunday afternoon.

Then, back to reality!!!

Last edited:
Hello all

Sitting in Los Angeles airport, waiting for my flight to be called.

I can't believe I am on my way home already. I also can't believe I have to go to work on Monday morning :cry:

Hope all is well with everyone.

Back on the Exante wagon for me on Monday!

Welcome home! Glad you had such a fantastic time! Your memories will last a lifetime and I'm sure you'll do it again someday. 10 years since I was there and it seems like yesterday. :welcome:

Welcome back!! X

Woohoo welcome back Darcy, WOW where has the time gone. You will have some wonderful memories and experiences.

xx

Hello everyone. I'm home safe and sound, but my fantastic trip ended with a bit of excitement...........

The flight from LA was going fine, and we were approaching Heathrow. A bit of a hitch though.......dense fog at Heathrow with a 50 minute wait to land (I could see all the planes going around in circles with us). Trouble was, we did not have enough fuel to wait:eek::eek:

Announcement from the pilot explaining the situation, that we would have to divert to Gatwick, and instructions to the cabin crew to prepare for 'a rapid descent'. That was no exaggeration, I can tell you - boy, we were on the ground pretty swiftly!

Anyway, we refuelled at Gatwick and then flew back to Heathrow - needless to say, a pretty short flight! The refuelling stop was just so....'British'. Not one word of moaning from anyone. I was sat right at the front, and the plane door was open for the ground staff to come on board. The pilot and first officer were just standing in the doorway, with quite a few passengers, just chatting like this was a daily event! All very jolly!

All of this drama meant I got home quite late this afternoon.

So, tired now, and glad to be home.

I had an absolutely fantastic time. Back on the Exante wagon for me now!

Welcome Home Darcy,
Bet that announcement didn't do the Blood Pressure any good. Well done to the competent flight staff that reacted quickly and got you safely To Gatwick. Hope you have a doddle of a day to-morrow to ease you back to work.

Thanks for sharing your epic journey,

Conor

Well, back to Exante for me now.

I have gained 12 pounds over the last 5 weeks. No surprise there at all, because temptation on the ship did get the better of me in the end. However, it could have been far worse so I am fine with it.

100% TS is now my aim until goal weight. I know the first few days are going to be tough, but I know that I can do it :)

Thanks to everyone for their kind wishes.

I had a blast of a holiday, but time for a return to the real world now :eek:

The mountain of washing remains to be tackled, not to mention the enormous pile of mail - mostly junk I suspect - that has gathered in my absence. Holidays are great, but sometimes the aftermath is a bit of a challenge :)

I am very tired today, and really fighting jet lag. I was awake at 2.30am, and didn't really get back to sleep after that. Still, a few days back at work will soon sort me out!

Anyway, back to the good ship Exante and onwards and downwards!!

Last edited:
Woah, what an end to a fabulous holiday. Like Conor said you had a fantastic flight crew.

Welcome aboard the good ship Exante lol. 12lbs isn't bad, you'll soon have that shifted.
Good luck. Hope work isn't too taxing today. xx

Hi Darcy, only one more day and I be back on Exante! Want honest truth, looking forward to security of it, how freaky is that!!
Travelling back today, so xmas countdown starts tomorrow!!
Hope you getting back in swing and that little gain be off soon am sure!
Have good middle of week!

Hi Darcy, only one more day and I be back on Exante! Want honest truth, looking forward to security of it, how freaky is that!!
Travelling back today, so xmas countdown starts tomorrow!!
Hope you getting back in swing and that little gain be off soon am sure!
Have good middle of week!

Hi Dawn!

Hope your homeward journey goes well.

I know exactly what you mean about getting back to Exante!! I felt just the same - like a security blanket.

My second day back on TS and no issues, feels very 'normal' in fact.

I'm hoping to shift my gain reasonably quickly, then onwards and downwards!

Your weight loss is fantastic, really well done :D

Woah, what an end to a fabulous holiday. Like Conor said you had a fantastic flight crew.

Welcome aboard the good ship Exante lol. 12lbs isn't bad, you'll soon have that shifted.
Good luck. Hope work isn't too taxing today. xx

Hi Nurse Tubs!

You are doing well :)

Work went ok - but very strange after a month away, and I felt like it was my first day again!

2nd day 'back on the wagon' and all is well.

Onwards and downwards to goal now!

Welcome home! Glad you had such a fantastic time! Your memories will last a lifetime and I'm sure you'll do it again someday. 10 years since I was there and it seems like yesterday. :welcome:

Hi Joolz

Wow, wow, wow - what a fabulous destination! Just so beautiful.

I would go again tomorrow in a heartbeat - but need to win the lottery first :D:D

You are so right about the memories.......:)

Day 3 of my return to 100% TS :)

Have felt a bit hungry, but otherwise am fine.

Going back to work has not been that easy - much as I enjoy my job, oh wouldn't it be nice to be a lady of leisure! :D

Onwards and downwards!

Back