Total Solution South Pacific

I'm so with you on the all or nothing, that's me to a T - you're doing brilliantly :D

Wow 100% Ts since 1st Jan! That's Fab

I managed 11 days before messing up and been up n down since! Anyhow, I'm on day 3 100% Ts today and really want to be back in ketosis asap.

what's your total loss to date? I know ur now weighing til 1st but how much have u managed to ur last weigh in?

I lost 24 lbs in January :D

I feel so completely focused on this I can't quite believe it :)

Will weigh again on March 1st - hoping for good things!

Well done Darcy, you are doing great! I am an all or nothing person too, and can't cut down on anything it just doesn't work for me either. You are doing so well on your bike too! Wishing you a lovely evening :)

Another day done :)

Treated myself to a little trip to the pound shop on the way home from work - £5 of bits and bobs and I'm a happy bunny!

......low maintenance or what :D

The wind is howling round like a banshee - just atrocious :eek:

Looking forward to a relaxing weekend - nothing much planned :)

I really struggle in the evenings too :eek:
It was well known that I would attack a pickle or an olive jar at night to keep me going the first time I did this :eek:
I still managed to lose, but it didn't break the bad habits though :(.
I am trying to get over that now :)

I love a good wander round the pound shop :D
And don't get me started on charity shops :D
I don't love them at the moment, as I feel too big at the moment, but I have had a couple of good bargains clothes wise in them over the past couple of years :D

I like Poundland too! As a teacher, I buy loads for my kids and classroom :)

Hope u have a good Saturday mrs! X

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4 -5 BMI 31.6 no WI till 12 March

Glad to see people love a bargain as much as me! :D

I love those shops - the variety of 'stuff' just amazes me :)

The wind is still howling, and the rain pouring :eek:

......don't think I'm going very far today, so I'll try and do as much on the bike as possible and try and get some Shred done too

Have a good day everyone :)

Hi Darcy. You are still doing so well! Amazing lady! I'm another one well and truly on the shelf and that's where I intend to stay! I'm quite happy as I am. I did have a period living on my own when my sons went to uni but they both came home again after a year. I love having them here (sometimes) but also enjoyed living alone with the dog too. I don't know how I will find it when I retire though. I have this romantic notion of living alone and spending my time pottering about, gardening, going to the gym and finding new hobbies and interests but I don't know if that will be the reality. Also, I've never gone on holiday on my own - apart from travelling to Philadelphia to stay with my sister - but seeing how you manage I'm sure I could manage well enough! Reading your comments on pound shops, there are loads in Huddersfield where I'm based at the moment. I like a bargain too and might take myself out of the office at lunchtimes to go for a browse. It will be a good way to ensure I take a break and it will keep me away from the cafes and takeaways!
Hope you have a lovely day today Darcy - even though the weather is so awful!

Hi Darcy. You are still doing so well! Amazing lady! I'm another one well and truly on the shelf and that's where I intend to stay! I'm quite happy as I am. I did have a period living on my own when my sons went to uni but they both came home again after a year. I love having them here (sometimes) but also enjoyed living alone with the dog too. I don't know how I will find it when I retire though. I have this romantic notion of living alone and spending my time pottering about, gardening, going to the gym and finding new hobbies and interests but I don't know if that will be the reality. Also, I've never gone on holiday on my own - apart from travelling to Philadelphia to stay with my sister - but seeing how you manage I'm sure I could manage well enough! Reading your comments on pound shops, there are loads in Huddersfield where I'm based at the moment. I like a bargain too and might take myself out of the office at lunchtimes to go for a browse. It will be a good way to ensure I take a break and it will keep me away from the cafes and takeaways!

Truth be known, I'm very happy to live alone :)

.....sometimes I do wish I had someone to share things with though :eek:

Travelling alone is great! No one to argue with, or decide who's doing what

......I sometimes get very decadent and have an afternoon nap on my cruises - tricky if someone else is about!

Funny you should mention retirement - after a very long wait I finally got my pension quote from the NHS yesterday

.....I wanted some figures to work on if I decide on taking the pension a few years early. I have a lot of thinking to do now I have the information :)

Right, first load of laundry in the washer and 2k done on the bike :)

.....have set myself a target of 12k in 2k chunks :eek:

Cup of coffee now before deciding what to do next

.....after years of living in mess and muddle it feels really strange to sit in a clean and tidy house, and not have anything to do other than routine jobs. The rest of the weekend is mine to do with as I wish - amazing! :D

The first tome I did exante my house was spotless ! I cleaned everything and decorated to give me something to keep busy.
I have made a start this time too as the man friends wardrobes have gotten it and a few of the kitchen cupboards :p. He is a mucky pup though do im not sure I will ever get back to a spotless stage, but such is life :)

Its so difficult to know what to do regarding pensions and early retirement. I need to see an IFA for a bit of guidance myself, as I have differing pensions from different jobs over the years.
good luck :)

I was just talking to OH this morning about this. I said I might go on a wee sunny break when he's away working. I don't mind being on my own. It's an adventure! X

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4 -5 BMI 31.6 no WI till 12 March

As long as your pension allows you to continue to cruise Darcy:D

Having a tidy house helps de-cluter our thoughts. Makes things so much clearer I find. I get a bit OCD if the house is a mess!

Your exercises regime is coming along nicely I see. How long does it take to do the 2k.

Sometimes I do wonder what it would be like to live alone. I do like my own company sometimes but luckily we have enough room here so that I can take myself off into another room if I need some me time.
Dave & me don't have a lot in common hobby wise, makes you wonder how we have been together so long now. I'm a bit of a film buff, love going to the cinema & an animal lover. Dave hates films & not particularly keen on animals either. I like to spend money & he doesnt:rolleyes: ha ha. WE do both like to travel though & have the same outlook on bringing up the children so not totally different I suppose x

As long as your pension allows you to continue to cruise Darcy:D

Having a tidy house helps de-cluter our thoughts. Makes things so much clearer I find. I get a bit OCD if the house is a mess!

Your exercises regime is coming along nicely I see. How long does it take to do the 2k.

Sometimes I do wonder what it would be like to live alone. I do like my own company sometimes but luckily we have enough room here so that I can take myself off into another room if I need some me time.
Dave & me don't have a lot in common hobby wise, makes you wonder how we have been together so long now. I'm a bit of a film buff, love going to the cinema & an animal lover. Dave hates films & not particularly keen on animals either. I like to spend money & he doesnt:rolleyes: ha ha. WE do both like to travel though & have the same outlook on bringing up the children so not totally different I suppose x

The house had been cluttered and messy for so long I still look around in amazement at the transformation :)

.....although I didn't conquer the weight demons last year, I most certainly sorted out my home!

So 2014 is the year to sort out my life! :D

1. Be at target weight by the end of the year

2. Be working part time in the Spring - even if I take the NHS pension I'll have to carry on working to some extent until I get my state pension to top it up

The exercise is going surprisingly well - for a true couch potato :eek:

2k is taking me about 7 minutes - not exactly athletic standard, but impressive in my book! :)

Just done another 2k which is 4k in total for today so far.

The house had been cluttered and messy for so long I still look around in amazement at the transformation :)

.....although I didn't conquer the weight demons last year, I most certainly sorted out my home!

So 2014 is the year to sort out my life! :D

1. Be at target weight by the end of the year

2. Be working part time in the Spring - even if I take the NHS pension I'll have to carry on working to some extent until I get my state pension to top it up

The exercise is going surprisingly well - for a true couch potato :eek:

2k is taking me about 7 minutes - not exactly athletic standard, but impressive in my book! :)

Just done another 2k which is 4k in total for today so far.

7 minute intervals is good. It means you are having spurts of meatabolim boosts through out the day.. Will keep your calories burning nicely.

Part time work is also good. Will help keep your brain as well as body active bit at the same time give you more personal time.

End of the year is a realistic goal Darcy. Then maintenance yay xx

Back