SOUTHCOAST MEET UPDATE

Doh only just seen this? any blokes coming?
If so count me in, dont mean to be rude ladies, but wouldnt want to go out boogiing all night with 20+ ladies without a fella to chat to!

If theres a blokes section i be there! lol (i know coward)

I'm not sure if any other blokes are planning on coming ... any other takers??

If not, are there perhaps any ladies bringing their OH's?? (I took my hubby to the wemitt meet last June - he had a great time!)

I'd hate for Prof to miss out on the auspicious event!!

Whoo hoo - getting excited!

I have had two very lovely PMs offering assistance and ideas regarding my travelling problems. Thank you both of you, you know who you are. I have responded by PMs to you both, twice to one of you (lol). Seems I may be able to make the meet after all. Once I have sorted out travel arrangements, I may be booking into the same hotel as FFF. Fingers crossed, and I will be there!!

planning to come on my own, hubby will be looking after the girls, plus a chance for me to have a bit of a break lol !!!

I have had two very lovely PMs offering assistance and ideas regarding my travelling problems. Thank you both of you, you know who you are. I have responded by PMs to you both, twice to one of you (lol). Seems I may be able to make the meet after all. Once I have sorted out travel arrangements, I may be booking into the same hotel as FFF. Fingers crossed, and I will be there!!

Consider them crossed!! :D

FFF, how much is the holiday inn costing you?

Im trying to figure out how to get to Portsmouth (I had to look on a map where it is, Im geographically challenged). I am guessing you can get a train from London to Portsmouth? Can anyone help me with this info?

Thanks

Leighann

FFF, how much is the holiday inn costing you?

Holiday Inn was £59.97, Travelodge was £15 (on the A34 en route). And, as I will be bringing all my CD with me, no cost for food, water is ok from taps and bottles so the main cost is just the accomodation and petrol. Well worth spending on myself for a weekend treat away to meet such great people! :D

For those who aren't SSing, you get a free brekkie at the Holiday Inn included in the price. :)

Right then, its a date! Will be arranging a meet up, hopefully, with Sam, and travelling down with her from Bristol. Hope to stay somewhere close to the action as it were, and it looks like the same hotel as FFF, the Express Holiday Inn, Gunwharf Quay. Just have to have confirmation from Sam that she is OK for the lift, as I am coming all the way up from Cornwall.

I was wondering who will be SSing, and who will be drinking as I don't want to be the only alcofrolic there?

Also it might be helpful if those who are staying to list where they are staying so that we could all liaise?

Last edited:
Hiya
I've added a pic to my photobox (click the link under my ticker below). It's a photo of my daughter - on the right - and her little friend taken from my side of the harbour (Gosport) looking over to Gunwharf. It's a fab picture of the Spinnaker Tower at night ... this is where we're going on Jan 27th ladies! (and any gents)

Eclipse ... I may or may not be SSing but whatever, I probably won't be drinking. It's just not my bag :)

Right, so far just Ann and myself partaking of the alcoholic beverages then?

Have had another idea, but might have to bat it around a bit. Might, just MIGHT mind you, bring hubby. Then he can drive us up on the Friday, can have a bit of retail therapy, stay that night, meet up with the girls on the Saturday and do "our thing", then back to hotel, stay that night, bit more retail therapy on the Sunday and then he can drive us home. He won't mind not joining us on the Saturday night, he can stay at the hotel and watch tv or something. Just a thought, will think about it today. Also, if any of the men are coming along, he could tag along with them spose.

Last edited:
Back