SOUTHCOAST MEET UPDATE

Hi gals
i'm SOOOOOOOO looking forward to this meet & like some of you i havn't been to one b4.
i do have to say that i'm not usually much of a dancer, much too subconcious, but dare say if there's loads of us i may be coerced (?) out of my shell :rolleyes: .
i will still b ss'ing so my hard stuff will be H2O, but by the sounds of it could get drunk on the atmosphere :D :D
how are people planning to do their shakes, with cartons or make up as needed? my hand blender is quite compact so i will prob use that method as i don't like the choc flavour & would get fed up of banana all weekend!!

Good idea Ann. How about us all agreeing on making our own "stickies" and what to put on them, then we will all know who we are at the intial meet up?

Just a thought.

Cheryl - it's my birthday on Jan 26th - just the day before so we'll both be birthday girls!

Ann - love your new avatar!

Everyone - we'll ALL be shaking our booties at the club!! :D

Good idea Ann. How about us all agreeing on making our own "stickies" and what to put on them, then we will all know who we are at the intial meet up? Just a thought.

Good idea Ann - although I did like having to say who we were.. lol (It makes people talk),,

I like your thinking too Cheryl! Yes, let's make our own but with something generic like "Minimins do it calorie free" lol or something... Or even just "Minimins R US" tee hee... and then our name (real or site whichever we prefer)...

Something to think about for sure! :D

Alternatively if you all want a sticky label with your site name or real name on I can do them dead easily in colours or whatever.. lol You can send me pics, text, whatever you want on em, only standard address label size.. but I can run them off with no probs anytime you like...

Loads of time to think about it. :D

Hi gals
i'm SOOOOOOOO looking forward to this meet & like some of you i havn't been to one b4.
i do have to say that i'm not usually much of a dancer, much too subconcious, but dare say if there's loads of us i may be coerced (?) out of my shell :rolleyes: .
i will still b ss'ing so my hard stuff will be H2O, but by the sounds of it could get drunk on the atmosphere :D :D
how are people planning to do their shakes, with cartons or make up as needed? my hand blender is quite compact so i will prob use that method as i don't like the choc flavour & would get fed up of banana all weekend!!

Well, I'll be getting a couple of bars, and will bring soup mixes and a mug for making hot in hotel room.. I might do what I did last time too, and make a couple of muffins beforehand (I know, it isn't eating within the 15 mins but I don't want to just drink them all weekend so that's my way of doing it. Also bringing bouillon to make hot drinks with too. There's always a kettle etc in hotel rooms so it's pretty easy. If you like to drink your meals then bring your blender - you can always wash it up in your bathroom sink. :D You could get tetras too if you like them (I don't). PLUS I took a 2 litre bottle of Perfectly Clear and 4 x 2 litre bottles of water! lol I was sorted! ;)

As for the getting drunk on the atmosphere - most definitely! I sent one of the pics to a mate and he said - how drunk were you??!!! I told him I was stone cold sober!!! LOL... still don't think he believes me but who cares - I was!! lol

Hiya,
Sorry - I am still here but preparing for house move so a bit pre-occupied !

Yes hope to be there. Was talking at work today with some Pompey girls and they say that Flares is awful and their phrase for it was "cattle market". Tiger Tiger is apparently really nice.

So count me in unless house move goes wrong but hoping to move before Xmas rather than January so its all looking good.

I suppose it's all a matter of taste ... I don't personally think Flares is 'awful' but it IS small and consequently gets very crowded. Also there's no seating ... those two things (and the fact it's a bit of a trek from Gunwharf) were my only issues. I might try and get to Tiger Tiger between now and January to check it out. :)

It also could be that they are sweet young things, a few years under 30 whereas I am 45 and might think something is great whereas they would think it was dire ! :D

I think the name stickers are just a good way of identifying the group when you walk into a hotel lounge, or whatever. Of course, after that, everyone should introduce themselves.
In June all but two of us had a WeMitt T shirt on, so that helped the initial recognition. I could get some more T shirts done, with anything we want on them, if this is what people want - cost price as OH does this. He does a lot for hen parties etc.
I am SO looking forward to this - it's a long way to travel for me this time, but I'm looking forward to that as well!!
Ann

I think the name stickers are just a good way of identifying the group when you walk into a hotel lounge, or whatever. Of course, after that, everyone should introduce themselves.
In June all but two of us had a WeMitt T shirt on, so that helped the initial recognition. I could get some more T shirts done, with anything we want on them, if this is what people want - cost price as OH does this. He does a lot for hen parties etc.
I am SO looking forward to this - it's a long way to travel for me this time, but I'm looking forward to that as well!!
Ann

Hi Ann
Love the TEE-SHIRT IDEA :D WE COULD HAVE OUR USER NAMES ON IT :D I BET PEOPLE WILL ASK ME YOU'LL DO WHAT :eek:
xxc

Hi Ann
Love the TEE-SHIRT IDEA :D WE COULD HAVE OUR USER NAMES ON IT :D I BET PEOPLE WILL ASK ME YOU'LL DO WHAT :eek:
xxc

That's funny!!! lol :)

I think I'd need a smaller T-shirt which means my old one would be going begging for anyone nearer to the start of their journey. Wouldn't have their user name on it: only the wemitt logo.

Magickmel - I think you may be right there about age and perception: Flares is very 'unsophisticated' and nobody cares what anyone else looks like (you get ALL ages, shapes and sizes there), unlike some other 'younger' clubs where image is everything. It CAN be a bit of a cattle market - but that's half the fun!

I need to either find someone who has been to TigerTiger and see what they have to say or pluck up the courage to go myself (drag a buddy over). We have a bit of time to make our minds up though so no panic.

I HATE the idea of a T-shirt... some of us are still of a size where t-shirt wearing is a mega mega huge no no... I for one would not wear one.... sorry... if I were slimmer then maybe, but not now... I hate the idea of uniforms anyway and would see it as such... sorry to be a party pooper ...

I wouldn't say you were party pooping FFnF but just expressing your opinion (to which you're perfectly entitled). You don't feel comfortable in a T-shirt and that's your right.

I wore T-shirts when I was a size 32 ... at that size, it's irrelevent what you wear really - you simply can't hide or compliment 22st in anything. I purely went for 'clean and comfortable' - I felt that was about all I could ever achieve.

Your point is valid - although I don't personally see the T-shirts as 'uniforms' but as a way of identifying with a close-knit 'club' ... like a sports team :)

No-one would ever be expected to wear something they weren't comfortable in though so your feelings are very much respected. xx

I wouldn't say you were party pooping FFnF but just expressing your opinion (to which you're perfectly entitled). You don't feel comfortable in a T-shirt and that's your right.

I wore T-shirts when I was a size 32 ... at that size, it's irrelevent what you wear really - you simply can't hide or compliment 22st in anything. I purely went for 'clean and comfortable' - I felt that was about all I could ever achieve.

Your point is valid - although I don't personally see the T-shirts as 'uniforms' but as a way of identifying with a close-knit 'club' ... like a sports team :)

No-one would ever be expected to wear something they weren't comfortable in though so your feelings are very much respected. xx

Thanks Debbie... it was a bit of a knee-jerk reaction to be honest... and I see your point about the club and sports team thingy.. :) I know exactly what you're saying about the 22st thing, and you are right, this is my opinion and how I feel about wearing a T-shirt.. :D

Knee jerk reactions are a defensive action when we feel vulnerable about our weight. I remember when I used to work in a big catalogue returns shop and they were talking about introducing uniforms in the form of polo shirts ... well, I couldn't bear the thought of telling someone what size I'd need: I knew they wouldn't do women's shirts up to my size and I'd have the humiliation of having to wear a blokes XXXL or something so I got all flustered and told the boss that 'I didn't do polo shirts' and that I'd resign before I wore one.

In reality, I had no real aversion to polo shirts but it was just the situation I felt I was being backed into. I think we can all identify with it though.

My feeling is that some kind of badge ( or T shirt) would be useful for the initial "meet" in the hotel or wherever. We just had a stick on badge before, but, as I said, most of us already had WeMitt T shirts - we didn't buy them specially for the meet. It's daunting to go into a place you are unfamiliar with, looking for people you don't know.
In the evening, we will all know eachother, so it won't be necessary.
Ann x

I agree Ann. For the 'initial' meet, something to identify ourselves to the others. I think I will just have a sticky label with my user name on it, makes it so much easier!

Back