SOUTHCOAST MEET UPDATE

lynjo

Well everyone the list is getting longer, yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy
looks like it will be a goodun!

So the plan is as follows, (so far)

Sat Jan 27th 07
Meet 3pm at Gunwharf Quays (exact destination to be confirmed later this week) and then to boogie the night away, seemingly at tiger tiger, although it has been mentioned flares as a possibility,

Russian doll, as you have been on a meet b4 and have visited both flares and tiger tiger which would you recommend?

The list so far is as follows, please confirm your interest

lynjo
pandora
illdoit
russiandoll
magickmel
westhills
eclipse296
mustdoit
wecandothis
snowyj
kamiknix
jazyj
swankyswan
kazz
nick
jackbm
fatfairnforty(ish)

I make that 17, wow, amazing,

anyone else who is interested is more than welcome to come along to

i will have a word with rd as a local girl and confirm things really soon.

thanks y'all

lynjo x

Hiya
I'd opt for Tiger Tiger simply because it's actually IN Gunwharf Quays whereas Flares is quite a trek up by the Guildhall. I've never been to TT but judging by the queues outside it looks like a very popular venue. Also with TT we could book a private seating area so we'd all get a seat whereas Flares in Portsmouth is very small and has NO seating at all ... a bit of a no-no for those of us with ongoing weight problems who need to be able to have a sit down now and again through-out the evening.

Goint to TT means those who are staying at the Holiday inn at Gunwharf can just stagger out of the club and into bed! ;)
That's just my tuppenceworth anyway. Obviously, I'll go with the majority.

PUT ME DOWN ......

I confirm that I will be coming, and staying overnight. Will book room later though, as I don't want to pay for it now.
Looking forward to it already. It's a good incentive to keep the weight off as well!!
Ann x
PS. Perhaps we can travel down together Gill?

Yes Im looking forward to it too Im may ask for the day off and work a Sunday instead??i think I may be moving that weekend thou :eek:
Be great to meet everyone :)
XXC

I am definitely coming, travelodge booked en route on the Friday night somewhere on the A34 and booked in at the Holiday Inn place on the wharf itself. So, all set! You not going to Belfast Cah-ching!! Yayyy!!! ooooh... would that be like Flares in Brum??????? teee heee heee....

you'll have to take my name off the list as it's my twin boys 15 th on the 27 th !! still need their mummy for bitey over the weekend !!

but have a wonderful time xx

hi Lynjo
put me down as a definate
really looking foreward to it
do starbucks sell water ? lol

I'll come along at 3pm to say hi to everyone and put some faces to names - but I'll probably have my baby son in tow, so will just stay for a quick drink.

Hiya

Can you put me down as a maybe... it will depend on the finances after the Christmas jaunt to the USA. I will need somewhere to stay, so if you can make any recommendations that are 'cheap', a b&b or something, that would be great.

Thanks

Leighann

I live across the harbour from Portsmouth (short ferry ride) so although I wouldn't like to recommend B&Bs in Portsmouth itself (because I don't know them and some are used by the council for homeless accomodation) I thought I'd post a few B&Bs in Gosport that I know are OK. Don't know how much they cost but you could always give them a bell to find out.

They're probably cheaper than our big city neighbour though - maybe worth a shot if money is tight.

Seafarer Guest House
9 Bury Rd
Gosport
Hampshire
PO12 3UE
Tel: 023 9252 2883

Spring Garden Guest House
Spring Garden Lane
Gosport
Hampshire
PO12 1LP
Tel: 023 9251 0336
(This one is closest to the ferry and is in a nice location)

The Haven Guest House
3 Bury Rd Alverstoke
Gosport
Hampshire
PO12 3UE
Tel: 023 9251 1333

Domaine Guest House
5 Bury Rd Alverstoke
Gosport
Hampshire
PO12 3UE
Tel: 023 9258 0457

:)

Hi Guys

Have looked into the practicalities of getting there, and I just don't think I am able to do it.

The distance is an issue with me, unfortunately, and transport is appalling, even if I drive.

Sorry, will have to back out - but if there's a "meet" available in Exeter or even Bristol I would be definitely up for it.

Penzance is not the best place in the world to travel from!

Me again

Here is a link to gunwharf itself so everyone can see what its all about and book in if need to
Gunwharf Quays at Portsmouth Harbour, Shopping, Cinema, Entertainment, Events

ok so how about starbucks or cafe nero for a meeting point?

yipeeeee. its really gona happen. cant wait.

lynjo x

In Brum we met in the hotel foyer and that worked reallyy well as there were big sofas and bars too if we wanted a drink - would it be an idea to meet in the foyer of the Holiday Express Hotel? (and no, not saying that 'coz I'm staying there) Just thinking about the likelihood of a cafe having over a dozen empty seats in one area on a saturday afternoon.... (also how tough it can be sitting in a place that serves delicious smelling nosh whilst SS'ing)..

good idea FFF, i like your thinking :)
not booked my room yet but thats where i am planning to stay 2
also for those of us ss'ing the more likely to get h2o from hotel, i can't do black t or coffee!!

The foyer sounds great to me - I'm easy. We can always decide where we want to go and what we want to do from there or even just stay put and chill ... also some might want to do one thing and others something else (I guess we don't all have to be joined at the hip the entire time). Don't forget the January sales will probably still be in full swing at the designer outlets - a great opportunity to get your new smaller clothes!! :)

just had a thought whilst wandering around the shops -
whilst at our meet is anyone interested in a clothes swap/bring & buy as a means to getting rid of stuff too big & getting stuff u can now fit into? just a thought, post your ideas:)

just had a thought whilst wandering around the shops -
whilst at our meet is anyone interested in a clothes swap/bring & buy as a means to getting rid of stuff too big & getting stuff u can now fit into? just a thought, post your ideas:)

good idea xx:)

Back