Soya Milk/Menopause.

kered

Gold Member
I got 2 cartons of soya milk yesterday, one normal and one light, should I stick to the light one, or is the normal one healthy enough?

Do you also use it in your tea/coffee or just on cereal?

Should I limit the soya milk like I did with normal milk?

I am sure hoping it helps with these hot flushes, I only slept about 3 hours last night :mad:

I got 2 cartons of soya milk yesterday, one normal and one light, should I stick to the light one, or is the normal one healthy enough?

i only have unsweetened soya..this is fine

Do you also use it in your tea/coffee or just on cereal?

cereal only

Should I limit the soya milk like I did with normal milk?

depends. if you dont mind the taste of it on its own, go for it...its an acquired taste :)

I am sure hoping it helps with these hot flushes, I only slept about 3 hours last night :mad:

poor you. i remember my mother suffering with it and having a fan on in the bedroom and also carrying one of those little ones in her handbag when the flushes struck..its great getting older isnt it..cant wait for mine! NOT

h x

Oh thats just like me, a fan on the bedside table, and a wet flannel...........no pj's or nightie - NOT A PRETTY SIGHT, big red blob laying in a pool of sweat haha.

Thanks for your reply, I deffo wont use it in my tea then lol.

It's worse when the weather gets colder too cos you get up to have a bit of a sponge down and change your nightie and then by the time you get back into bed it's not only sopping but freezing cold too......:eek:

It's worse when the weather gets colder too cos you get up to have a bit of a sponge down and change your nightie and then by the time you get back into bed it's not only sopping but freezing cold too......:eek:

Oh yes, I am always freezing after the flushes - sometimes I wish I was a man :eek:

Mary, good luck with the soya milk, I hope it helps a little. I take soya in a capsule form. I get them in holland and barrett. They definitely have taken the edge off my flushes. You will need to be on the soya for a month or so to see the benefit.

Molly is that the Isoflavones or whatever they're called? I've been looking at phyto soya but Holland & Barratt don't seem to do it. I don't know whether the isowhatsits are the same - the doseage seems completely different. I'm confused (mind you that's not 'ard :eek:) xx

I started taking the soya milk today, I had it in some weetabix for breakfast, the colour was a little off-putting, but I cant say I noticed a great taste difference. I think it would be better in porridge though.

Oh well, hopefully in another 30 days I can see a difference.....lol.

I didnt get to the herbal shop today to get the capsules which were recommended in a magazine last week, but I will post the name of them from home, as I cant remember what they were called.

Back