spag bol - how much spag?

Laddiesboy

I ♥ Slimming World :)
Hi all,

how much spaghetti do ya reckon is the 'right' amount for a guy with an appetite on a green day?

I never know how much to put in the saucepan, and end up always eating it all as I have a bad habit of not being able to leave anything on my plate lol.

Where should I start (maybe in terms of grams) before I cook it?

I really have no idea, thanks :)

Hey Dave, I'd go for about the thickness of the top of a wine bottle, about 150g, but it does depend on your appetite, and I suspect you've got quite a good one!!X

that is a very interesting question. if you look through the recipes for green days the amount of pasta per person varies tremendously between recipes from as little as 40 gms to 135 gms. It is the same for rice some recipes call for 35gms and others say add 80 gms. When loosing weight it is a good idea to learn to leave at least one mouthfull on your plate so you get out of the mindset of eating everything on your plate. Gradually your body will learn to stop eating when it is full up rather than when the pattern on the plate has been scraped away !!

that is a very interesting question. if you look through the recipes for green days the amount of pasta per person varies tremendously between recipes from as little as 40 gms to 135 gms. It is the same for rice some recipes call for 35gms and others say add 80 gms. When loosing weight it is a good idea to learn to leave at least one mouthfull on your plate so you get out of the mindset of eating everything on your plate. Gradually your body will learn to stop eating when it is full up rather than when the pattern on the plate has been scraped away !!

This sounds like a good idea...im going to train my body to do this....:)

I looooove pasta and could eat far too much (which is one reason I was so fat in the first place!!) Now, I put it in a desert bowl instead of our big pasta bowls. If I eat it all and still feel hungry, I can add a bit more, but I know that if I just had a huge bowl in the first place I'd wolf it all down without thinking.

Back