Spagetti and meatball recipie help

eilidhsmummy

Hi

I am hoping that somebody can help, I have lost my copies of slimming world mags 74, 75 and 76, one of these have a fab recipie for a pork meatball and spagetti that is free on extra easy and very yummy.

I bought the pork mince but now cant find the recipie, does anybody have it available?

please, i'm in a bulk cook mode, freezer is getting there fast!

thank you

laura x

I don't have the mags but I do have a pork meatball recipe (with roasted veg sauce) in the Family Feasts for a Fiver book, if you'd like that?

yeah, would be lovely to try it, my consultant hasnt got any yet (only at class every 2 weeks)

fingers crossed somebody has it, as i have the fennel seeds at the ready

laura x

Pork Meatballs in Roasted Vegetable Sauce

1/2 syn on EE & red, 7 syns on green

1 courgette, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 red pepper, de-seeded & cut into bite-sized pieces
2 medium onions, peeled & chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
low calorie cooking spray
salt & pepper
460g pack extra lean pork mince
2 tsp dried thyme
400g can chopped tomatoes
57g/2oz tomato puree
1tsp artificial sweetener
340g/12oz broccoli, cut into florets, to serve

1. Preheat the oven to 200c/gas mark 6. Place the chopped courgette, pepper and onions into a roasting tray with the garlic cloves. Spray the vegetables all over with low calorie cooking spray and season. Roast for 30 mins, turning occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, mix the pork mince with the dried thyme and season to taste. Shape into 24 meatballs and chill in the fridge while the vegetables roast.
3. Place the roasted vegetables in a liquidiser with the canned tomatoes, tomato puree, sweetener and 142ml/5fl oz water. Blitz until smooth and check the seasoning.
4. Pour the sauce back into the roasting tray and drop in the meatballs - there's no need to stir them at this point. Place back in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook the broccoli in lightly salted boiling water for 5-6 minutes, then drain. Stir the pork meatballs into the sauce and serve with the cooked broccoli.

Spaghetti and Meatballs

Serves 4

3 garlic cloves
511g lean minced pork
1tbsp fennel seeds
1tsp ground cumin
2 tsp cinnamon
handful parsley
340g dried spaghetti

sauce
1 small onion
1 clove garlic
1 carrot
2 celery sticks
400g can chopped tomatoes

Peel and crush garlic then place in bowl with mince and spices and mix until combined using your fingers. Cover and chill for an hour. Chop the parsley.

Meanwhile make the sauce. Peel and finely chop onion. Peel and crush garlic. Finely chop carrot and celery. Put all sauce ingredients in a pot and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer gor 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season well. Place in blender and blitz until smooth. Set aside.

Using your fingers, shape mince into balls. Spray frying pan with frylight and place over medium heat. Stirfry meatballs for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Meanwhile cook spaghetti. Drain and keep warm.

Add meatballs to sauce and simmer gently for 8-10 minutes. Serve with spaghetti and crunchy green salad.

Back