spaghetti bolognaise!!!!!

plus what they share probably isn't so devastatingly embarassing (at least in their minds) as it is for us women. For a woman to admit she has an eating problem, to admit that we've eaten in secret etc etc ...

I won't tell you what has happened in our group, but can promise that it isn't any easier for us men to admit. I've admitted things in my group that previously only my very closest friends know. And then there is the whole "bravado" thing that men are supposed to be strong, unemotional, and it really hamstrings us. It's probably why LL don't really do much for men - shorter groups (which always start late in ours, because the woman's group overruns by up to half an hour).

I think the main thing here is that men get an open group and women get a closed group - so right from the off ee get used to how it's done for us. If women's groups were always like men's, then I don't think there would be as much anxiety about change.

I can see huge benefits to both approaches but I think you hit the nail on the head - men's groups are open, because there are fewer men doing it (it almost seems socially unacceptable for a man to diet, or admit he has an issue).

Not so sure myself

I agree with what PB originally said.
I thought the whole idea was to remove yourself completely from food so you could re-evaluate your relationship with it.
I know everyone is different, but I have seen the struggles on here and also in our group and they nearly always seem to be when somwone has introduced a little "real food". I expect spag bol mightbe like pot noodles too.But if you can have that and porridge how can you re-introduce food on RTM???????
I can see the commercial pressure on LL for these changes and nothing stays the same forever, but I'm glad I've just had sachets while I've been doing LL and I'm glad the water level was 4 litres. I sort of think, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, however I'm sure lots of people never start LL because it is so strict.

Back